Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jan 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3357684)   #251
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Seems a bit silly when every other manufacturer's homologated 2013 and 2014 models are identical though...

[/devilsadvocate]
The GTE-Am Porsche is the exact same as the GTE-Pro Porsche, because it did 1 race in 2013 in it's current configuration. Corvette C7.R was already testing way before that race happened, which was also in 2013.

So indeed, it's very silly.
Old 23 Jan 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3357687)   #252
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
The GTE-Am Porsche is the exact same as the GTE-Pro Porsche, because it did 1 race in 2013 in it's current configuration. Corvette C7.R was already testing way before that race happened, which was also in 2013.

So indeed, it's very silly.
Problem is: If they do away with the year-old rule, they pretty much kill off the last existing market for used GTE-cars which can only be bad for the class' future health.
Old 23 Jan 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3357699)   #253
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Problem is: If they do away with the year-old rule, they pretty much kill off the last existing market for used GTE-cars which can only be bad for the class' future health.
Just listing some things why I think they should allow current spec cars in GTE-Am.

- Used GTE cars can be upgraded to current spec.
- There aren't a lot of privateer teams stepping up to GTE-Pro or GTE-Am.
- Ram Racing bought two 2013 Ferrari versions last year, but had to downgrade them to 2012 spec.
- I'm pretty sure we won't see any new GTE cars being revealed till the new GT regulations are released.
- Newer spec cars doesn't mean they are faster than older spec cars. Look at Falken for example and the multiple 2011 spec Porsche's at Le Mans in 2013.

Difference between GTE-Pro and GTE-Am comes from the team and the drivers, not the cars.
Old 23 Jan 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3357702)   #254
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Why? The BoP includes Porsches from 2012 and 2011 so surely they could continue this to keep older cars competitive?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3361656)   #255
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Discovery now own 51% of Eurosport. Not sure what impact that wi have, talk is even about buying premier league rights for the UK market.
49% are still owned by French TF1, which should at least guarantee good Le Mans coverage
Old 29 Jan 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3361666)   #256
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, they did show the Patrick Dempsey series, so their Le Mans interest is there already. Should be good.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3361772)   #257
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Excellent news too, in my book. I take no pleasure in seeing that team race.
I know enough has probably been written about Mr. Tucker, but I for one am extremely puzzled as to how he is not behind bars already?!

This is an example of life in America today, where if you are the most dishonest, lieing, thieving SOB going, you are almost held in esteem and can live a life of luxury and free........but a poor working class person doesn't have car insurance, they'd probably lock him up and throw away the key. Sad reflection of society's standards when people like this arrogant one flaunt his dirty money in people's faces. It must be he has some good negatives on someone to still be on the street and still ripping people off.......
Old 29 Jan 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3361822)   #258
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Discovery now own 51% of Eurosport. Not sure what impact that wi have, talk is even about buying premier league rights for the UK market.
49% are still owned by French TF1, which should at least guarantee good Le Mans coverage
Eurosport has WEC+LM rights until 2016.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=192
Old 29 Jan 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3361825)   #259
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And if they go after the Premier League rights in the future they won't be able to afford anything else.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 04:09 (Ref:3362386)   #260
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Eurosport has WEC+LM rights until 2016.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=192
WEC+LM need more Eurosport than vice-versa.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3362496)   #261
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So excited for this season's WEC. With all the focus on Porsche vs. Audi, I fancy Toyota for a LM win by the way.

Media-wise, I hope the online streaming/RLM combo continues this season. The HD streaming is great and, as far as I am aware, worked flawlessly last season.

If I were to be super picky and request some improvements, they would be:

-iOS/Android app for live timing/news aggregation similar to the IMSA app (but better). I remember reading something last year that this was in the pipeline, any news?

-A "gap behind next car" section in on-screen timing and scoring. Stating that both 1st and 2nd in GTE Pro are 15 laps behind the lead P1 car tells me nothing other than the GT cars are less than 3 minutes apart. I'm not sure if this was included in online T&S last season - it would certainly improve the on-screen T&S.

-Full race replays uploaded to DailyMotion in the week after the event (I'd prefer YouTube for live streaming, but the French seem to love DM for some reason). There's been some sporadic coverage uploaded (replay of Bahrain quali and a few hours of Spa spring to mind). Not sure if there are copyright issues here with Eurosport though. IMO, the ability to watch race re-runs heightens the appeal of series no end - see what SRO do with the Blancpain Series or how ALMS handled it. Even TUSC have managed to get re-runs onto YouTube within a few days after Daytona.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3362497)   #262
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am backing Toyota this year - I think the last 2 years have really been preparing for this year. I feel they have the best Hybrid system and this year will be the team to beat.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3362621)   #263
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I am backing Toyota this year - I think the last 2 years have really been preparing for this year. I feel they have the best Hybrid system and this year will be the team to beat.
If I were in the market to purchase a new vehicle it would be an Audi, however in response to your statement I would say:

+1
Old 31 Jan 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3362624)   #264
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers to Lotus for 2014:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14013101.html
Old 31 Jan 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3362631)   #265
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Per Sportscar 365: COTA confirmed as North American WEC round and will be a double header weekend with TUSCC, Sao Paulo moved to season finale.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3362632)   #266
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
That's epic for a former Formula One driver in my opinion.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3362638)   #267
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Per Sportscar 365: COTA confirmed as North American WEC round and will be a double header weekend with TUSCC, Sao Paulo moved to season finale.
Sao Paulo is a nice season final, much better than Bahrain in my opinion.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3362662)   #268
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/wec/sao-paul...ota-confirmed/

My only beef is that the summer break is now even longer. The ACO should look into adding another race when the teams can absorb the costs!
Old 31 Jan 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3362677)   #269
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

My only beef is that the summer break is now even longer. The ACO should look into adding another race when the teams can absorb the costs!
Wow, that's gonna be like F1 since 2004 until 2013!
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3362703)   #270
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

August is the perfect time for Silverstone.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3362709)   #271
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I agree. Start somewhere in Spain in April, like Catalunya. In that 3 months, Monza or Nurburgring... imo 3 months is much too big of a gap. Even 2 months is enough for most teams, mid to late August would work.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3362711)   #272
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A race in Spain would be fantastic
Old 31 Jan 2014, 22:03 (Ref:3362715)   #273
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
A race in Spain would be fantastic
In the middle of the summer? Unwise in terms of temperatures... and spectator numbers. People go to Spain in July-August to go to the seaside, not to watch motorsport.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3362810)   #274
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
In the middle of the summer? Unwise in terms of temperatures... and spectator numbers. People go to Spain in July-August to go to the seaside, not to watch motorsport.
No, in the beginning of the year. Replace Silverstone with it. Move Silverstone to August or something.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3362823)   #275
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I agree. Start somewhere in Spain in April, like Catalunya. In that 3 months, Monza or Nurburgring... imo 3 months is much too big of a gap. Even 2 months is enough for most teams, mid to late August would work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No, in the beginning of the year. Replace Silverstone with it. Move Silverstone to August or something.
Realizing they have specifically mentioned that this new edition is 'final', I wouldn't be surprised if they change it again and add a ninth European round in August. And while we're on the subject... moving Catalunya to April and Silverstone to August is a great idea. However, what would be the best track for the honor of holding the opening race?

I'd say Monza or Nurburgring, for sure.