bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I gather these are all run anti?

bio
Old 8 Mar 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3216113)   #27
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I had hoped to have this finished bit time has escaped me.

This was intended as February 2

Attachment 39453 Attachment 39454

Attachment 39455 Attachment 39456
These were thought out and well done. A large variety of corners and a good track overall... very well done.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3216150)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Do I gather these are all run anti?

bio
Sorry should have added that

Yes all run Anticlockwise.

A long pit entry with short exit.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3216164)   #29
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
Yes, the pit entry and exit gave it away.

BTW, this one seems another great one. I see at least three clear overtaking spots and a couple of very interesting turns.

Any notable altitude points here?

bio
Old 9 Mar 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3216177)   #30
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hadn't given it too much though, but the space behind the pits would lend itself to a pond or small lake , perhaps the bottom of a valley. The Green variation wouldn't have much elevation perhaps just a few metres, but the Red extension climbs up hill a bit before turning around again, likewise but not as much the Blue extension.

Hopefully the colour coding helps with the description.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3222370)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
This didn't turn out how I expected it would. It's not completed but there is sufficient to see the design.

I had the intention of the long straight running away from the pits, but as the design grew, it got turned around.

The overall length is 4.8km or 3 miles. and for reference the track passes under the bridge between T2 and T3 and again between T4 and T5

The Left Circuit is 2.7km 1.7 miles long
The Right hand short circuit (pit circuit) is 2.8km or 1.75 miles Long.
Attached Thumbnails
Mar 1 Top.jpg   Mar 1 Pit straight.jpg   Mar 1 Bridges.jpg  

Old 21 Mar 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3222374)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
And here is an early view of the Next circuit I'm working on. I hope to finish this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar 2 Early Top view.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	39623
Old 21 Mar 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3222408)   #33
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
This didn't turn out how I expected it would. It's not completed but there is sufficient to see the design.

I had the intention of the long straight running away from the pits, but as the design grew, it got turned around.

The overall length is 4.8km or 3 miles. and for reference the track passes under the bridge between T2 and T3 and again between T4 and T5

The Left Circuit is 2.7km 1.7 miles long
The Right hand short circuit (pit circuit) is 2.8km or 1.75 miles Long.
Another nice one. Especially the last section, after the second bridge.

bio
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3226118)   #34
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And here is an early view of the Next circuit I'm working on. I hope to finish this one.

Attachment 39623
This one reminds me of one of Hugenholtz's tracks. I'm just not sure which one.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3227810)   #35
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Time has moved on, and here is the next offering

All layouts run anticlockwise
Circuit lengths as described.

The difference between the chicane and larger radius versions of the GP and West circuits is literally 3 metres.
Attached Thumbnails
Apr1 GP.jpg   Apr1 International Circuit.jpg   Apr1 Both.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3227823)   #36
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Another good one.

The quasi half-circle followed by the back stragiht looks especially awesome.

bio
Old 3 Apr 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3228385)   #37
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
Time has moved on, and here is the next offering

All layouts run anticlockwise
Circuit lengths as described.

The difference between the chicane and larger radius versions of the GP and West circuits is literally 3 metres.
Is there a chance you might put this into the infield of a tri-oval?

If so, the pitlane of the Eastern Circuit should be the one of the oval, too. The shared straights with the oval would be the two main straights of the Eastern and Western circuits whereas the 3rd straight of the tri-oval would be near the bottom right of the design, on the outside of what's there currently, but parallel to it. How long would such a superspeedway be? Turn 1 near the top left corner of the picture would be huge.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3228477)   #38
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I don't see why it couldn't be the infield of a tri-oval.

bio
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3237910)   #39
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
When Sketchup behaves itself, then something a little different can happen

The circuit is 6.18km or 3.68 miles
Attached Thumbnails
Apr 2 Top.jpg   Apr 2 SF.jpg   Apr 2 T1T2.jpg  

Apr 2 Back straight.jpg   Apr 2 Tunnel.jpg   Apr 2 Final Sequence.jpg  

Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3238039)   #40
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Very interesting design and quite a unique layout.

I feel bad for this, but I feel I have to use one of your own tricks against you.

Here goes...
You'll have to add more runoff at some of the corners, namely at the first corner and at the kink at the entry to the tunnel.

I can see how space could be at a premium in some areas, and really the only reason I'm saying this is because I'm working on a figure-of-8 track at the moment as well and right now this is just straight-up better

Great job.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3238041)   #41
bio
Veteran

Hungary
That's a good, fast track!

bio
Old 22 Apr 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3238077)   #42
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an epic track! Send it to someone who can make it real :P
Old 22 Apr 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3238085)   #43
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKGThunder View Post
I feel bad for this, but I feel I have to use one of your own tricks against you.

Here goes...
You'll have to add more runoff at some of the corners, namely at the first corner and at the kink at the entry to the tunnel.
As much as you visualise the angle, that you want, and then how much elevation you want... It's very difficult to bring the two together just right.

More gravel trap on T1 would mean greater angle of the bridge. If you look I had tried to decrease some of the angle already by cutting through the top of the hillside. 10m more gravel at the bottom would probably have meant cutting through even more of the hill. That would have been to much of a compromise the other way as I had always intended to have an access road pass under the bridge.

Name:	Apr 2 T1 Bridge.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	39768 Click image for larger version

Name:	Apr 2 T1 Bridge 2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	39769

Visualising the entry to tunnels is much like the bridge. In this case where I admit I've been Short with the T1 gravel, I don't think that there is an issue with the tunnel entry. It's a tighter corner with lower apex speed.

Name:	Apr 2 Tunnel 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	39770 Click image for larger version

Name:	Apr 2 Tunnel 3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	39771
Old 22 Apr 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3238093)   #44
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here's another quickie design to keep the momentum going.

It runs clockwise
The layouts can be tweaked but the lap sizes are for the versions shown.
Long 4.8km or 3 miles
Short 3.8km or 2.4 miles
Attached Thumbnails
Apr3 Dims.jpg   Apr3 Top.jpg   Apr3 Top Short.jpg  

Old 22 Apr 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3238097)   #45
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
I don't think that there is an issue with the tunnel entry. It's a tighter corner with lower apex speed.
I don't mean to go on about it, and I feel that the gravel trap is deep enough, but it just doesn't continue for long enough after the corner, in my opinion. And thats where the problem lies, since theres a hill in the way

Take the Shanghai circuit for example, I think it's last corner matches pretty well with the corner we're discussing, and in this case there will be a much higher entry speed when compared to the final corner at Shanghai. I know sometimes the modern circuits are very generous with runoff, but can you see where I'm coming from?
Attached Thumbnails
last corner china.png  
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3238114)   #46
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I don't mind discussing it at all,

The outside Kerb at Shanghai is over 80m long. with an acre of tarmac behind it. You don't get penalised by running out. As such a driver can slow on approach and accelerate through the apex without too much fear of running (understearing) wide.

Lisboa at Macau (ok it's a right hander not a left) is the polar opposite, high speed approach, but as a driver you know that there isn't much (none) run off on the outside of the corner so you approach it that way. Slow, turn and then accelerate once the car is pointing up the track.

As you'll gather I see the entry to the tunnel much more of a Lisboa type corner.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3238127)   #47
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
As you'll gather I see the entry to the tunnel much more of a Lisboa type corner.
Fair enough, I understand
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3238411)   #48
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
Here's another quickie design to keep the momentum going.

It runs clockwise
The layouts can be tweaked but the lap sizes are for the versions shown.
Long 4.8km or 3 miles
Short 3.8km or 2.4 miles
Would you consider putting a superspeedway around this one as well, or would it just be a testing oval due to its length?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3238417)   #49
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
You asked about putting ovals around 2 deisgns this month.

The first dated April 2nd, would work with a Pocono shaped oval ... 3.52km or 2.2 miles
Drawn in 2D only with oval massively wide but to scale giving correct sizes.

Name:	Apr1 Oval.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	39783 Click image for larger version

Name:	Apr1 Oval Dims.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	39784

This second one dated April 22nd would probably need a Rockingham(UK) style oval which isn't really an oval at all, as it has 4 separate banked corners linked by 4 straights

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 23 Apr 2013 at 14:00.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3239055)   #50
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The Sketch-up gods are really shining.

Completed in one day - about 6 hours work.

Running Anti-clockwise or counter-clockwise for those inclined that way.

GP Circuit = 6.05km 3.78 miles
Short Circuit = 3.50km 2.19 miles

A multi event venue, the GP Loop incorporates a full FIA/NHRA 1/4 mile Drag strip.
The front row (lowest) seats of the Drag strip grandstand can view both the Drag strip and the racing circuit clearly.

The Drag Strip and Short circuit can be used simultaneously - hearing protection is a must on these days.

Not included are spectator and road access bridges to the Race Paddock and also the GP loop for the Drag paddock and spectators.

Hope you all like.
Attached Thumbnails
Apr4 Top View.jpg   Apr4 SF.jpg   Apr4 Short Loop.jpg  

Apr4 GP Loop.jpg   Apr4 Hairpin.jpg   Apr4 Drag.jpg