Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote on F1's return?
Aston Martin 0 0%
Haas 0 0%
McLaren 1 3.70%
Williams 0 0%
Red Bull 23 85.19%
Ferrari 0 0%
Mercedes 0 0%
Alpine 3 11.11%
AlphaTauri 0 0%
Alfa Romeo 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Aug 2022, 06:38 (Ref:4123926)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Belgian Grand Prix 2022

Who gets your vote on F1's return?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4124036)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red Bull. They've obviously been working on the car during the break and Max's pace and the over all result, with Perez now 2nd in the WDC reflected that.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 18:27 (Ref:4124055)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Red Bull. They've obviously been working on the car during the break and Max's pace and the over all result, with Perez now 2nd in the WDC reflected that.
I appreciate the spirit of the idea they have been working on the car over the break, but that would be contrary to the regulations and purpose of the summer break. There are only a few team/factory activities permitted during the summer break.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2022, 19:28 (Ref:4124062)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I appreciate the spirit of the idea they have been working on the car over the break, but that would be contrary to the regulations and purpose of the summer break. There are only a few team/factory activities permitted during the summer break.

Richard

Article 21.8 of the FIA F1 sporting regulations says: "All competitors must observe a shutdown period of fourteen (14) consecutive days during the months of July and / or August." So that's anytime between the end of the Hungarian GP and the start of the Belgian GP and that was more than 14 days.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 19:48 (Ref:4124065)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Only red bull in that race really
Old 28 Aug 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4124077)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No contest.....
Old 28 Aug 2022, 23:20 (Ref:4124092)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Article 21.8 of the FIA F1 sporting regulations says: "All competitors must observe a shutdown period of fourteen (14) consecutive days during the months of July and / or August." So that's anytime between the end of the Hungarian GP and the start of the Belgian GP and that was more than 14 days.
I would say we are both right on this.

There was a four week break of which two don't allow any significant activity. So yes, there was two weeks in which they were free to do as they wish, but this also included ramp down from Hungary and ramp back up for Spa. I think Williams did a nice video last year showing how this works (at least for them). No doubt everyone squeezed in "work" as much as they could before the two week period. But they may have also had updates in the works that were expected to be timed to be delivered sometime after the break (some for Spa, some maybe after Spa). My point was the reiterate/remind that there is a shutdown period during the break.

I think I have read elsewhere that RBR struggles with weight. I may have read they were overweight at start of the season. I have read that they have (or are) bringing a new lighter weight chassis. I believe that before an event, teams have to declare any new components (defined in a list) they have not previously run. For Red Bull at Spa, this list included sidepod changes (optimize cooling) and rear suspension changes (optimize aero). Reports are they did not bring the new chassis to Spa.

Richard
Old 29 Aug 2022, 03:53 (Ref:4124097)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RBR, excellent pace.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 04:23 (Ref:4124100)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Yet Again I give team of the weekend to Ferrari for their consistency at not knowing what they are doing and costing their drivers points.
Not great for the championships, but makes for great entertainment.

I swear some of their tacticians are mysteriously finding envelopes of redbull or mercedes cash in their lockers.

I really dont think Ferrari pit wall should be asking the driver what tyres and strategy would he like mid race. Would you like to go with hard and come out behind alonso, or soft and then pit again. "Question?"
They have all the numbers and info on the other cars. Maybe just ask, can you go another couple of laps before box?
They should decide the best tyres and strategy and let the driver concentrate on going fast, not asking him to do math and strategy mid race. He drives, you calculate and plan.

Then the last lap "fastest lap" pit stuff up. Again their number crunchers should have seen he wouldnt come out in clear air so be baulked.

And on Saturday, they put the wrong tyres on the car, only realizing when the driver asked "why am i on these tyres?"
"sorry, mistake"

If merc and Mclaren had not produced such disappointing cars this year they would be nowhere, they made a great car and are doing their very best to stop it winning
Ferrari are in 2nd place in WCC DESPITE the efforts of the team management, not because of them

In the words of Roger Waters "youre nearly a laugh, but youre really a cry"
#KeystoneRacing.

Last edited by bathurst77; 29 Aug 2022 at 04:29.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 08:01 (Ref:4124123)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Reports are they did not bring the new chassis to Spa.
Probably just as well. Max would have lapped the entire field.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4124127)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren
Broke the Spa-specific rear wing on #3 and replaced it with the regular one from other races.
Handed both pilots papaya bags of warm offal that not only couldn’t keep the tyres under them but also had no pace..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4124144)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I would say we are both right on this.

There was a four week break of which two don't allow any significant activity. So yes, there was two weeks in which they were free to do as they wish, but this also included ramp down from Hungary and ramp back up for Spa. I think Williams did a nice video last year showing how this works (at least for them). No doubt everyone squeezed in "work" as much as they could before the two week period. But they may have also had updates in the works that were expected to be timed to be delivered sometime after the break (some for Spa, some maybe after Spa). My point was the reiterate/remind that there is a shutdown period during the break.

I think I have read elsewhere that RBR struggles with weight. I may have read they were overweight at start of the season. I have read that they have (or are) bringing a new lighter weight chassis. I believe that before an event, teams have to declare any new components (defined in a list) they have not previously run. For Red Bull at Spa, this list included sidepod changes (optimize cooling) and rear suspension changes (optimize aero). Reports are they did not bring the new chassis to Spa.

Richard

Autosport have this article on the summer break and it explains what teams can and cannot do, during the 14 day shutdown.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wh...s-it/10345377/
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4124176)   #13
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
McLaren
Broke the Spa-specific rear wing on #3 and replaced it with the regular one from other races.
Handed both pilots papaya bags of warm offal that not only couldn’t keep the tyres under them but also had no pace..

Yeah, season can not end soon enough for a McLaren fan. The car is seriously bad, and don't even have the grace to mysteriously turn up good once in a while like the Mercedes one.

Ricciardo lost the team their place in the Constructor's last year, but this year the team have lost it, regardless of their drivers.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4124179)   #14
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted RBR as the ones that did not fail in some way, from car design and down.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:41 (Ref:4124309)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Red Bull. They got a 1-2 finish and Max has got himself some new powertrain components to use. Will they do the same at Monza to get a load more bits into the pool?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4124315)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Red Bull. They got a 1-2 finish and Max has got himself some new powertrain components to use. Will they do the same at Monza to get a load more bits into the pool?
why not right?

with Max' and the car's ability to claw back any starting place grid penalty in short order combined with Ferrari's inability to take advantage of it (certainly their inability to manage two cars at once) there is little risk to RB in building up a little stockpile.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4124321)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
why not right?

with Max' and the car's ability to claw back any starting place grid penalty in short order combined with Ferrari's inability to take advantage of it (certainly their inability to manage two cars at once) there is little risk to RB in building up a little stockpile.
Exactly - and Monza seems like the ideal place to do it, the straight line speed of the Red Bull should allow them to breeze past everyone else. They don't even need to win from here on in - just collecting points would be enough. A succession of Max and Checo DNF's is needed for LeClerc to have any hope at all - get some spare PU components into the pool and cruise to the titles.
Old 31 Aug 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4124418)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You don't get a 1-2 with the winner coming from 14th on the grid by luck. So....
Old 1 Sep 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4124469)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
You don't get a 1-2 with the winner coming from 14th on the grid by luck. So....
You don't, it's true, but if you have a car that is clearly superior and massively favourable DRS zones, it's pretty close to a breeze.....