Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 May 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3081965)   #1
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica could return at Indy in 2013: with which team?

Recently, Danica expressed her willingness to make the double "Indy/Charlotte" in 2013...if this will come true, with which team will this happen? She runs in NASCAR with Chevy, and I think we cannot see her at Indy with other brands...the actual Chevy team in IndyCar are: Penske, Andretti, KV, Panther, Dragon, Carpenter, DRR...I doubt she'll return with Andretti (I read some bad considerations from Michael), I doubt KV because there is her rival Tony...Penske is undoubtedly the best choice, but if Roger will not have desire/interest/space to run her, what could happen? That Stewart-Haas Racing field a car directly? Or in conjuction with Panther or Carpenter?
Old 30 May 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3081981)   #2
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, so she wants to do "double-duty" eh?

Regardless of what IndyCar team she will end up for the weekend, I hope that she could win the 500 as well as the 600. I'm tired of seeing her as a publicity stunt, I wanna see her win and let Silvestro, Legge, and Beatriz follow her example!
Old 30 May 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3082006)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Go Daddy would have a say in it as well I'd imagine.
Old 30 May 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3082010)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Andretti would be persuaded to field another car. They had a few additions/satellites this year and presuming GoDaddy are still on board with Andretti it'll be handy way of shaking a few more cents out of the 'Danica brand'.
Old 30 May 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3082160)   #5
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti is the only possibility.
Old 31 May 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3082203)   #6
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I question whether she really will due to NASCAR and Stewart-Haas influences, but if Chevrolet and GoDaddy want her too she will, which leads to Andretti if that bridge has not been burned down, maybe a jointly entered Andretti/Stewart car
Old 31 May 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3082209)   #7
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
(Desperately adding fuel to the speculation fire Toe Stew (Tony Stewart) has been a name thrown around by some Indianapolis-types as a possible IndyCar team owner. He has Randy Bernard's cell phone number and texted RB his approval after this weekend's race.

Chris
Old 31 May 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3082212)   #8
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
(Desperately adding fuel to the speculation fire Toe Stew (Tony Stewart) has been a name thrown around by some Indianapolis-types as a possible IndyCar team owner. He has Randy Bernard's cell phone number and texted RB his approval after this weekend's race.

Chris
That'd be a full-time team, not a one-off built around Danica.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3082524)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Joy.

I am hoping that this remains a rumor. That said, Danica has shown herself to be as adept in positioning her "brand" and attracting $$ as anyone not named Andretti as anyone I have seen in years. If someone throws a large enough certified check at her, she will do it.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3082529)   #10
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
That said, Danica has shown herself to be as adept in positioning her "brand" and attracting $$ as anyone not named Andretti as anyone I have seen in years.
Michael Waltrip. And he has a lot less going for him in the looks department than Danica.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3082532)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
While I would not disagree on Waltrip being in the mix, he isn't even close in that contest!

Lyndon Johnson was once quoted as saying: "I've had more women by accident than Jack Kennedy has had on purpose." I think an appropriate paraphrase here is that "Danica has had more money by accident than Michael Waltrip has had on purpose."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3082541)   #12
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
While I would not disagree on Waltrip being in the mix, he isn't even close in that contest!

Lyndon Johnson was once quoted as saying: "I've had more women by accident than Jack Kennedy has had on purpose." I think an appropriate paraphrase here is that "Danica has had more money by accident than Michael Waltrip has had on purpose."
I'd love to have that criticism from people about myself, and hey, I could actually afford to race at higher levels then.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:39 (Ref:3082547)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
It is what it is.

My only thought here is that if someone makes it financially attractive, it'll happen.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3082549)   #14
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
It is what it is.

My only thought here is that if someone makes it financially attractive, it'll happen.
Yes. The drivers for that are Chevy and GoDaddy.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3083372)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'd have thought a semi-detached effort run by another team. Panther would be an obvious one - a GoDaddy-sponsored, Chevy-powered car.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3083472)   #16
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this happens, it's likely going to be with the team in the GoDaddy colors.
Yet, for the time being, this is just talk. I don't believe her trying the "double" until it's confirmed. A Stewart/Andretti entry would be cool especially given Tony Stewart's own IndyCar history, and John Andretti has done this kind of partnership before in his Petty/Andretti entries.

Of course, since the other guy who would be interested in the "double", A.J.Allmendinger is driving for Penske who don't want to waste their energy on a 4th car, the most likely candidate to try the "double" surely must be Danica Patrick. I guess she would also be the most welcome. The refresher training session might turn up on TV somewhere even.

However, she is doing fairly well in NASCAR for a rookie, or so I have heard, so I don't see her switching series again any time soon - at least as long as the oval portion of IndyCar stays as small as it is.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3083513)   #17
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Of course, since the other guy who would be interested in the "double", A.J.Allmendinger is driving for Penske who don't want to waste their energy on a 4th car.
Sounds like something for Roger to give to Jay.

Quote:
However, she is doing fairly well in NASCAR for a rookie, or so I have heard.
I don't know if you'd call it doing fairly well. I expected a bit more out of her in results for likely having the best-financed non-Cup regular car in the series. She has an average finish of 20th in Nationwide and the back third of the grid in Nationwide are complete crap. There's 16 drivers that have started all 11 Nationwide races, and of those she's 9th.