Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Aug 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2742210)   #26
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
You know, Waffles or Pancakes with ice cream is a joy.
Ditto that!!

DK
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2742777)   #27
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
You know, Waffles or Pancakes with ice cream is a joy.
Damn, when it's 40 degrees outside, just the mention of those 3 together, makes my mouth water.

I'd remove the OR and substitute it by an AND!!!

I always love going to the Netherlands and finding a nice hotel that has poffertjes for breakfast. I grab the stroop and have myself an enjoyable meal before going to work!!
And then there's the pancakes for dinner!

Bad bad bad for the calories. Good good good for the psyche!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2743118)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's funny how discussions about Le Mans and being in France almost always turn to a discussion on favourite foods.......
Old 11 Aug 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2743120)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's funny how discussions about Le Mans and being in France almost always turn to a discussion on favourite foods.......
Does this means that the Le Mans sub-forum soon will turn into "your favorite food" sub-forum
Old 11 Aug 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2743121)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I always have a GM crepe but this year we didnt find the stand - where was it?
As far as I can remember it was in the main village on the right(looking towards dunlop bridge) just before the meeting place, there are usually shops there.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2743255)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
When in France.....
Old 11 Aug 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2743299)   #32
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Does this means that the Le Mans sub-forum soon will turn into "your favorite food" sub-forum
I remember something about saying this would become a "foodie paradise".

DK
Old 12 Aug 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2743636)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it works for me! (That's why my waistline looks like it does....... ).
Old 13 Aug 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2744009)   #34
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, it works for me! (That's why my waistline looks like it does....... ).

I bet mine's bigger than yours!
Old 3 Jul 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2917610)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I think it's time to revisit this thread..... Again good ideas?
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2917640)   #36
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if this has been done before but -
Le Mans has basically seen a who's who of drivers compete in the event over the years.

So many big name drivers try it, even if only once. SO, which drivers who have never sampled the delights of La Sarthe would we like to see race?

For me I'd love to see Dario Franchitti do the race. He has nothing to drove doing what he is doing now. With Marino establishing himself in sportscars it would be great to see those two team up.

Another name that gets banded around a lot, usually in wild rumours, is Kimi Raikkonen. I'd be intrigued to see how he could adapt to this type of racing and how on the pace he would be if he was placed in top line machinery.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2918248)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not sure if this has been done before but -
Le Mans has basically seen a who's who of drivers compete in the event over the years.

So many big name drivers try it, even if only once. SO, which drivers who have never sampled the delights of La Sarthe would we like to see race?

For me I'd love to see Dario Franchitti do the race. He has nothing to drove doing what he is doing now. With Marino establishing himself in sportscars it would be great to see those two team up.

Another name that gets banded around a lot, usually in wild rumours, is Kimi Raikkonen. I'd be intrigued to see how he could adapt to this type of racing and how on the pace he would be if he was placed in top line machinery.
Quite possibly worthy of its own thread.

For a couple of starters though:

Jenson Button - always struck me as having the balanced approach and attitdue that could reap rewards in sportscars

Juan Pablo Montoya - to have decent shot at getting the triple crown - and yes, I know he's said he has no interest in it, but why not have some aspirations for changing his mind?
Old 5 Jul 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2918268)   #38
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clarkson, Hammond and May driving a Morgan in the GT-AM class

I'm missing the event big time, it all passed by too quickly this year !
Old 5 Jul 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2918269)   #39
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Juan Pablo Montoya - to have decent shot at getting the triple crown - and yes, I know he's said he has no interest in it, but why not have some aspirations for changing his mind?
I somewhat would love to see that too as I have always liked him but the little "show" he put on at this year's Rolex has probably once and for all made him a turnoff for every endurance team principal around.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2922295)   #40
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Clarkson, Hammond and May driving a Morgan in the GT-AM class
I doubt they even qualify for AM, especially after their attempt at the Britcar 24 hours...
Old 5 Jul 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2922453)   #41
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Schumi at Lemans!?!
Old 5 Jul 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2922541)   #42
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Schumi at Lemans!?!
Been there and done it, nearly won it.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2922544)   #43
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No such thing as "nearly won it" at Le Mans.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2922579)   #44
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
No such thing as "nearly won it" at Le Mans.
Ken Miles might have disagreed with you on that one!
Old 6 Jul 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2922600)   #45
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can argue that the list of drivers who have raced and have Not won at Le Mans overall is as impressive as the list of drivers who have won the race.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2922976)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Schumi at Lemans!?!

What?

Ralf?

Quote:

I don't think he actually got near winning it, did he?

5th place - 7 laps down isn't that near really......
Old 6 Jul 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2923056)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I don't think he actually got near winning it, did he?

5th place - 7 laps down isn't that near really......
To be honest I didn't want to let facts get in the way of the rhyme. He was in a car 'capable' of winning. I'm just going on what I've seen on youtube due to being 3 at the time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8142541...n/photostream/
Old 6 Jul 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2923077)   #48
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To be honest I didn't want to let facts get in the way of the rhyme. He was in a car 'capable' of winning. I'm just going on what I've seen on youtube due to being 3 at the time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8142541...n/photostream/
1991 was the first year I was able to watch most of the race, thanks to Eurosport's really very good TV coverage - and yes, I can see where a "nearly won it" comment would come from, although I also remember thinking that Schumacher needed a few edges rubbed off before he would really show what he could do in a sportscar - perhaps he has now?

Otherwise - new thread - best driver(s) never to have won Le Mans?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2923079)   #49
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bourdais,Pagenaud,Montagny,Sarrazin,
Old 6 Jul 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2923088)   #50
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
1991 was the first year I was able to watch most of the race, thanks to Eurosport's really very good TV coverage - and yes, I can see where a "nearly won it" comment would come from, although I also remember thinking that Schumacher needed a few edges rubbed off before he would really show what he could do in a sportscar - perhaps he has now?
If I recall correctly, Schumacher was in the last Mercedes that had a shot at winning before suffering a mechanical failure that needed lengthy repairs. The Mercedes were the favorites that year and I guess you could say that maybe he should have won it had his car not failed him and his teammates, but we can say that about a lot of people. Anyway, 1991 was just a really goofy year with the wacky rules and such. Since this is an off-topic thread to begin with, I guess it is a legitimate question to ask how seriously people take the 1991 race results. IMO, it was a bit of a farce.