Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Aug 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2935537)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've always used this one - since I was first on the net - don't be put off by the misleading url. It's well recognised - the pages are often cut and pasted into Ebay auctions - without the author's permission - Stefan, if I remember rightly.....

http://formula2.net/
Old 3 Aug 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2935540)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting - now I look, the style of the individual entries looks very similar.....
Old 4 Aug 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2935615)   #78
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Help Wanted! I am doing a talk about the Le Mans race and would like to find a source of results over the whole period from 1923 to now including class wins. Easy to find overall winners but not class wins I am finding. Porsche for example claim a total of 98 wins in all classes, how does anyone else compare?

Any ideas, prefer access on the internet but may buy the right book

Thanks
Two good sites with loads of information on Le Mans results as well as many other sportscar racing series are:

Racing Sports Cars at: http://www.racingsportscars.com/ and
World Sports Racing Prototypes: http://wsrp.ic.cz/

DK
Old 4 Aug 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2935654)   #79
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've always used this one - since I was first on the net - don't be put off by the misleading url. It's well recognised - the pages are often cut and pasted into Ebay auctions - without the author's permission - Stefan, if I remember rightly.....

http://formula2.net/
Looks very familiar - and still has the '02 and '03 Bentleys listed as LMP900's.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2935675)   #80
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In the month of June, activity on the LM sub-forum is non-stop. The stats we produce here in that one month prove just what we all know about the attraction of Le Mans. But when it's gone for another year the posts (and posters) drift away and we're lucky right now to get half a dozen additions to threads a week.

So, do we just

?

Or do you guys out there have any other clever ideas for keeping things alive in here during the 'close season'.......?
I'm not convinced that posters "drift away". We're still here! It's just that ten months until next year's LM means that, at present, nobody has finely-tuned plans - and that includes teams and drivers as well as posters.

I'm sure we're all constantly reviewing our photos of this year, watching DVDs and, for my part, re-living that under-canvas moment when the tent re-emerged for a weekend's camping.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2935691)   #81
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks folks, several potential sources there, I will try them all, much appreciated
Old 8 Aug 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2937399)   #82
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, between this year and next year some works on the circuit espacially on the Hunaudieres for a new surface. I was on holiday and just coming back. No personal pics, so I invite you to see there http://www.lemans.maville.com/actu/a...90172_actu.Htm and there http://forums.motorlegend.com/vb/sho...=39042&page=34.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2937717)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The old track needed some sprucing up along that stretch but with the current climate I am surprised they found the cash to do it, looks good but will have to wait 10 months to see it for real
Old 9 Aug 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2937733)   #84
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
I will have a Look on the first October Weekend when I will make a Visit to my Friends .
Old 9 Sep 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2953103)   #85
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just realised that already three months since last June's race went by, that means a quarter of a year has gone by waiting, time flies!
Old 9 Sep 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2953241)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
but the race is a week later so still over 9 months to go, but silverstone on sunday so will be there to ease the wait
Old 22 Sep 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2959459)   #87
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see the imminent Le Mans 2011 dvd has spun out to some 235minutes of action rather than 90. Also available on Blu Ray this time around. Looking forward to having a watch next week.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2959642)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On order......
Old 23 Sep 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2960095)   #89
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same here. I imagine (as I will come to find out more and more) that this is a nice little step on the way back to next year's event. Same with the annual.

Incidentally if anyone has a '97 annual they would be willing to part with I will pay good money. Seems I have amassed a pretty big collection in little under a year.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2960134)   #90
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Same here. I imagine (as I will come to find out more and more) that this is a nice little step on the way back to next year's event. Same with the annual.

Incidentally if anyone has a '97 annual they would be willing to part with I will pay good money. Seems I have amassed a pretty big collection in little under a year.
I have one, but it's a sample from Tom K's Le Mans box, so no good in a collection (it's only a small cardboard box)
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2963244)   #91
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone see this new today the 56th stand that will be finally allocated to the delta wing project : http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8413.html
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2963250)   #92
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Did anyone see this new today the 56th stand that will be finally allocated to the delta wing project : http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8413.html
I must be in the minority of people who actually do want to see this in action. Will definitely make a beeline towards the Dunlop Chicane to see the 'Wing take in its first corner at La Sarthe.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2963361)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm one of those who is seriously underwhelmed at the prospect......
Old 1 Oct 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2963371)   #94
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I must be in the minority of people who actually do want to see this in action. Will definitely make a beeline towards the Dunlop Chicane to see the 'Wing take in its first corner at La Sarthe.

I shall be at Indianapolis/Arnage as usual, so will probably miss it since it may not get that far.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like something out of Thunderbirds?

Still, it's more entertaining than those electric thingies......just!
Old 1 Oct 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2963378)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think you probably will see it just before the start, I gather it's joining the flyover by the French air force.......
Old 3 Oct 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2965075)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
come on folks give it a chance, it will certainly be different and I like to see different cars racing rather than a grid with all the same, the 56 grid place should be filled with something racy rather than an eco warriors green plaything
Old 4 Oct 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2965820)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Simon, I'd rather see something that'll add to the race...... But that's just my opinion.

Can we keep other talk of this project in the dedicated 5th garage thread now.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Oct 2011 at 22:16.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2967281)   #98
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
So I'm watching the England game and just mentally fast-forwarding to next June. Obviously Euro 2012 will be in full swing over Le Mans week.

I assume the games are screened in the village. Just wondering if the organisers have ever put up a purpose-built screen to watch the matches so a crowd can gather?

Does the atmosphere change during the week if there is a tournament on? And is anyone on here actually bothered about it?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2967296)   #99
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So I'm watching the England game and just mentally fast-forwarding to next June. Obviously Euro 2012 will be in full swing over Le Mans week.

I assume the games are screened in the village. Just wondering if the organisers have ever put up a purpose-built screen to watch the matches so a crowd can gather?

Does the atmosphere change during the week if there is a tournament on? And is anyone on here actually bothered about it?
I'm sorry, but can we please keep Soccer/football off this forum!?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2967315)   #100
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm sorry, but can we please keep Soccer/football off this forum!?
Seriously?