Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Nov 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3476630)   #126
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Last night, I got wind of a very probable 2 car GT/GTA program that would run cars with V12 engines...I'll add it to the next tracker post.
Is this a new addition to the list, or one of the existing TBA rumors?
Darren Manning Racing perhaps?

Super exciting times for PWC!
Old 19 Nov 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3476660)   #127
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Is this a new addition to the list, or one of the existing TBA rumors?
Darren Manning Racing perhaps?

Super exciting times for PWC!
It's a new addition..the team wants to remain nameless for now, but I'm going to try to see if they'll change their minds before the next post.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3476943)   #128
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the first GTS entry list tracker. Info is coming in slowly so far http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...nge-gts-class/
Old 21 Nov 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3477099)   #129
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Kelly-Moss joins the GT-Cup class with a three (3) car entry.

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...entry-in-2015/
Old 21 Nov 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3477288)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Kelly-Moss joins the GT-Cup class with a three (3) car entry.

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...entry-in-2015/
Cool, good to see that class filling up.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3477297)   #131
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
GT Cup updated http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...llenge-gt-cup/
Old 21 Nov 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3477382)   #132
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went to the track yesterday to check out the new Turner BMW and Dragonspeed Mercedes testing along with some others. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season. Too bad PWC doesn't race at Sebring anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkpn_5rtMI
Old 21 Nov 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3477385)   #133
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for sharing. Good to see the Viper out there too.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3478818)   #134
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just noticed the one of the K-Pax McLarens appears in this Project CARS trailer (at 0:35 and again at 1:05):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r96zBKiAdk

Hardly important or anything, but there are very few cars in the game that feature real liveries or even have real-world companies on them, so it's interesting to see the K-Pax car there. Wonder if we will see any other PWC cars/liveries or if it's just a special thing with K-Pax?
Old 26 Nov 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3479099)   #135
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
It's a thing with McLaren in general in that game; McLaren's licensing folk don't like fake liveries it seems, so won't even allow them to give out the template for custom additions, but there will be 20-odd real liveries. There are a few other real liveries scattered around, especially N24/VLN ones for Aston and BMW.

Great testing video by the way: thanks for sharing.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 01:39 (Ref:3479133)   #136
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
It's a thing with McLaren in general in that game; McLaren's licensing folk don't like fake liveries it seems, so won't even allow them to give out the template for custom additions, but there will be 20-odd real liveries. There are a few other real liveries scattered around, especially N24/VLN ones for Aston and BMW.

iRacing has plenty of fake liveries on it's McLaren GT3 car. We even have a template.

When we got the Williams FW31, there was an agreement that they wouldn't allow custom schemes or release a template. On the day of release, iRacing accidentally released the template. Whoops!
Old 27 Nov 2014, 05:48 (Ref:3479173)   #137
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

Forza Motorsport 4 has the original factory car from the 2012 Spa 24hrs which can be reprinted. Many thanks to the person who spent hours recreating Von Ryan Racings dragon livery, awesome.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3479625)   #138
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The SCCA Pirelli World Challenge will have a new support series.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3479649)   #139
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The SCCA Pirelli World Challenge will have a new support series.
Interesting.
I'm not a huge fan of spec racing, however I think this will perhaps be a good addition to the stand-alone PWC weekends. They should make for some stunning photos.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3479658)   #140
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
I'm skeptical URC will get off the ground, but if I does, I'll watch. I'm curious where the customers will come from...
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3479663)   #141
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
I'm skeptical URC will get off the ground, but if I does, I'll watch. I'm curious where the customers will come from...
Yeah, it's a bit worrying, that it could potentially rob entries from the PWC classes.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3479666)   #142
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Yeah, it's a bit worrying, that it could potentially rob entries from the PWC classes.
Doubt it... I haven't heard of anyone wanting to actually drive/race cars like that. Maybe it'll bring out some of the guys into vintage racing but I don't think it'll have any impact on current PWC entries.

-mike
Old 28 Nov 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3479670)   #143
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Doubt it... I haven't heard of anyone wanting to actually drive/race cars like that. Maybe it'll bring out some of the guys into vintage racing but I don't think it'll have any impact on current PWC entries.

-mike
Your right, really a different type of racer targeted.
I wonder how well these cars drive. That's a lot of horsepower.

Last edited by TRspitfirefan; 28 Nov 2014 at 19:06.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3480750)   #144
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More (possible) entry news:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...n-pwc-in-2015/

Great addition to the GTS field!

and

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...m-with-nissan/
Old 1 Dec 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3480796)   #145
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Sort of interesting that the Phoenix article (press release) makes no mention of IMSA or Continental Tire Challenge by name, where they've been running the past year, referring only to previous years in Grand Am. So I'm assuming that this replaces their CTSCC program and is not in addition to.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3480937)   #146
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Sort of interesting that the Phoenix article (press release) makes no mention of IMSA or Continental Tire Challenge by name, where they've been running the past year, referring only to previous years in Grand Am. So I'm assuming that this replaces their CTSCC program and is not in addition to.
I would guess that they didn't mention Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge because Pirelli is pretty heavily invested in World Challenge, and they probably wouldn't like a rival tire company getting a mention.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3482082)   #147
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's been posted in another thread, but looks like K-Pax and 3R have indeed split.

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/111424...es-in-pwc-imsa
Old 6 Dec 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3482602)   #148
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
It's been posted in another thread, but looks like K-Pax and 3R have indeed split.

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/111424...es-in-pwc-imsa
They split some time ago which has led to the rumor of Flying Lizard operating the K Pax cars in PWC. Nothing has come of it yet, though.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3483750)   #149
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Here is the latest GTS entry list tracker http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...e-gts-class-2/
Old 11 Dec 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3483966)   #150
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What is Acura going to surprise us with on Thursday?

They are already racing two TLX next year.

A NSX?