Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Mar 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3512839)   #101
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really impressed with EFFORT racing's Michael Lewis. Top 5 finish in a field that deep is fantastic!
Old 7 Mar 2015, 22:41 (Ref:3512841)   #102
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic race!
The cars and racing in this series are just plain Awesome.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3512842)   #103
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised by some of the negativity following such a fantastic race.
Some of you are trying pretty hard to come up with objections to PWC.

Old 7 Mar 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3512843)   #104
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
What was fantastic about it aside from Beretta's last lap pass on Dalziel? It was a fairly average race with a good last few laps between the leaders.

(also, if the 25 didn't get a penalty for who knows what, he would have shot straight into the distance and would have been uncontested.)

You may call me a troll, but I'm just being realistic here.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3512844)   #105
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Surprised by some of the negativity following such a fantastic race.
Some of you are trying pretty hard to come up with objections to PWC.
Surprised by some of the praise following such an average race.
Some of you are trying pretty hard to come up with any reason to hype PWC.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3512849)   #106
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage was pretty sub-par with no on board footage and dubious quality.

Is it going to be like this for the rest of the season? because last year was much better
Old 7 Mar 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3512853)   #107
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Really impressed with EFFORT racing's Michael Lewis. Top 5 finish in a field that deep is fantastic!
I think I read that you get moved up from GTA if you get two top 5s or a top 3 overall, so I'm sure Mr Lewis will be out of there soon.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:01 (Ref:3512860)   #108
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was real race cars not dumbed down by taking parts off of them and making teams pay thousands of dollars to slow them down, and race control didn't throw 75 FCYs. It was a good race.

There was that one white Aston running behind all of the Cup cars though. He might need to go to TCB or something.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3512863)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am trying to find where I can watch today's proceedings without finding out the results, which includes not reading this thread, so sorry if it's mentioned already but is there a way watch the replay anywhere? I am having trouble finding it through WCTV...
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3512864)   #110
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
It was real race cars not dumbed down by taking parts off of them and making teams pay thousands of dollars to slow them down, and race control didn't throw 75 FCYs. It was a good race.

There was that one white Aston running behind all of the Cup cars though. He might need to go to TCB or something.
Fairly certain anything on a track is a "real" race car. I mean, they're physically there and turning laps, so they're very much real.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3512866)   #111
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I am trying to find where I can watch today's proceedings without finding out the results, which includes not reading this thread, so sorry if it's mentioned already but is there a way watch the replay anywhere? I am having trouble finding it through WCTV...
I don't think they have it loaded up yet, but I'd keep an eye on their Youtube channel. It ought to be up before too long, and there probably won't be any spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldChallengeTV/videos
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3512867)   #112
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Fairly certain anything on a track is a "real" race car. I mean, they're physically there and turning laps, so they're very much real.
Nah.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 00:32 (Ref:3512869)   #113
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I don't think they have it loaded up yet, but I'd keep an eye on their Youtube channel. It ought to be up before too long, and there probably won't be any spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldChallengeTV/videos
Thank you, sir!
Old 8 Mar 2015, 02:03 (Ref:3512879)   #114
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Coverage was pretty sub-par with no on board footage and dubious quality.

Is it going to be like this for the rest of the season? because last year was much better
I think that the cable TV rebroadcast is a lot more polished.
I've kinda grown used to the more laid back livestream. Just having a livestream available at all is pretty awesome.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3512880)   #115
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What was fantastic about it aside from Beretta's last lap pass on Dalziel? It was a fairly average race with a good last few laps between the leaders.
Thirty eight ridiculously cool GT racing cars (plus ten extra Porsches cup cars), from Thirteen different manufacturers- flat out racing for fifty minutes- no full course yellows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Surprised by some of the praise following such an average race.
Some of you are trying pretty hard to come up with any reason to hype PWC.
It feels nice to be enthusiastic about sports car racing again.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 02:21 (Ref:3512881)   #116
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Nice Photo Gallery from Sc365.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...urday-gallery/
This picture is particularly cool.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 02:38 (Ref:3512886)   #117
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Thirty eight ridiculously cool GT racing cars (plus ten extra Porsches cup cars), from Thirteen different manufacturers- flat out racing for fifty minutes- no full course yellows.

It feels nice to be enthusiastic about sports car racing again.
48 cars from thirteen manufacutures flat our racing with no FCY's doesn't automatically make it a fantastic race though.

The racing itself was average, and I'd blame that on the track.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3512933)   #118
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The hyperultrasafe Tilkedrome is probably to 'thank' for the lack of FCYs, had it been bumpy ICS street course or some other traditional venue you'd expect plenty of downtime

Surely usual crashfest coming up at St Pete
Old 8 Mar 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3512937)   #119
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a stupid rule IMO.

"PWC Evaluating GTA Driver Upgrades"

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...iver-upgrades/
Old 8 Mar 2015, 13:30 (Ref:3512969)   #120
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that the cable TV rebroadcast is a lot more polished.
I've kinda grown used to the more laid back livestream. Just having a livestream available at all is pretty awesome.
Thanks.

I guess we ,Europeans, are a little spoiled when it comes live streaming
Old 8 Mar 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3512978)   #121
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race is not yet available online?
Old 8 Mar 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3513001)   #122
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Great drives by Michael Cooper and Ben Clucas in GTS race 2.
I always enjoy rainy races.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3513014)   #123
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Confirmed rolling start for GT Race 2 today.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3513020)   #124
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Race 2 also pushed up to start in 20 minutes due to incoming weather.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3513021)   #125
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Race start has been moved up for weather! Cars will leave the grid at 1:25 PM CT!

Quote:
EFFORT Racing ‏@EFFORTRacing 4m4 minutes ago In order to avoid the weather, we will leave the grid at 1:25pm to start the race early