Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2003, 16:22 (Ref:573305)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Webber

All of the racers in F1 are fast, but I think we are seeing one particular racer come into his own. Once Mark Webber has demonstrated impressive speed in the Jaguar in the first qualifying session. I think that he is carrying the car up the grid at least 4 or 5 spaces. How long till one of the big teams starts looking to poach him away?

Hopefully he can get a top ride or Jaguar can finally sort out their effort and become one of the top teams. Get 'em Mark.
Never forget #99
Old 18 Apr 2003, 17:49 (Ref:573378)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Until one of the top teams will have an avaliable space. Williams is in the spectative, and he had links with Mercedes in the past.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:27 (Ref:573412)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'd be nice to see him and Raikonnen teamed together for the next 5 seasons or so.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:31 (Ref:573415)   #4
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the last two races he has qualified really well. I dont think any driver can put the car further than it belongs on the grid but he definately has extracted its full potential.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:40 (Ref:573425)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quickly becoming a Webber fan, but I hope he stays w/ Jaguar for a couple seasons and helps them develop. Putting him in a top ride right now will only put unrealistic expectations on him. You know how we fans are. Quick to idolize, even quicker to condemn.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:47 (Ref:573426)   #6
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't idolize him, but I can see that he is maximizing the chance he has. So far he has seriously outshown his teammate. I think Pizzonia is a good racer, but his teammates performance can cast him is a less than favorable light.
Never forget #99
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:49 (Ref:573427)   #7
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
It'd be nice to see him and Raikonnen teamed together for the next 5 seasons or so.

YES YES
Old 18 Apr 2003, 18:50 (Ref:573430)   #8
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mark Webber

Quote:
Originally posted by KC
Hopefully he can get a top ride or Jaguar can finally sort out their effort and become one of the top teams. Get 'em Mark.
Personally, I'm hoping for the latter
Old 18 Apr 2003, 21:08 (Ref:573529)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clearly Webber's damn good, but I think he's getting more credit than he's due. The Jaguar clearly isn't as bad as we tend to think of it as being (ie. how bad it was last year). I'm on board with the proposed DC for Webber swap. Drivers are suppose to be in a car that reflects their abilities.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 21:38 (Ref:573549)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Webber is a damn fine driver! A perfect partner for Fisichella at Ferrari next year!!
Old 18 Apr 2003, 21:59 (Ref:573562)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Good choice

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Webber is a damn fine driver! A perfect partner for Fisichella at Ferrari next year!!
Now why didn't I think of that?
Old 18 Apr 2003, 22:48 (Ref:573596)   #12
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No he goes to McLaren,he is Aussie
Old 18 Apr 2003, 23:10 (Ref:573605)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorstone
No he goes to McLaren,he is Aussie
Huh? In that case, he should go back to Minardi...
Old 18 Apr 2003, 23:15 (Ref:573609)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber is one big talent & if one of the top teams are smart they will sign him for next year as he is always quick & rarely makes a mistake.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 23:24 (Ref:573613)   #15
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's been impressive but lets not get carried away..he still has a long way to go and a lot to prove.

If he can maintain his performance through most of the season then maybe he can find a better ride for next season, although I think Jaguar may finally be getting their act together so he may not want to leave unless Ferrari or Mclaren come calling..which again is rather unlikely!
Old 18 Apr 2003, 23:30 (Ref:573617)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Well, anything can happen in Formula One, and it usually does. Now here comes Schumacher in the Ferrari and he is followed by Schumacher .................

....and there's a BAR on fire and I think it is Bunsen.....yes!! it is Bunsen and there goes his hopes up in flames................

I just could resist it - the devil made me do it.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 18 Apr 2003 at 23:33.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 00:46 (Ref:573653)   #17
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't anyone going to give Jaguar any of the credit? after all what powered the winner? Jag? FORD? COS? thier getting some very good, reliable, power as are champ cars and suppling in quanity. I'm impressed!
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:14 (Ref:573681)   #18
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Well, he could go to BAR, once JV retires obeying his word about going out if Button outperform him

Oh... wait... you meant he going at a better team. Sorry.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:17 (Ref:573684)   #19
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well I'am just glad people are giving Mark the credit his due . Mark is a great driver and will go a long way in F1
he is fast ,sensible and a good tester to boot . Jag have really picked up there socks and I feel next year will be a great year for the big cat and Mark is a perfect driver to reflect that as his is well know for his feed back. Mark always one to keep his eyes on the prizes and not go for the one lap glory . Jag has improved but Mark can take a slice of credit in putting that car where it is . As for his future I hope he stay in Jag and a top class driver comes in like a Ralf or a DC . As for Mark going to another team Mclaren or Ferrari would be Ideal anything but Williams IMHO
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:24 (Ref:573687)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber is indeed carrying the Jag, he is doing better than the other guys with Cosworth engines

It would be better for him to stay at Jag as #1 and get all thenew sexy bits and force development direction than to go to a Williams and be a #2....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:36 (Ref:573695)   #21
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Cosworth is good, and you can't do anything without a good engine. But the chassis is nowhere near as good as Mark is making it look. That's all driver. Likewise Fisi in the Jordan.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:53 (Ref:573700)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Minardi appears shyte relative to the performance last seasom.. Maybe Mark was carrying that car too, even with the unloved Asiatech
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:00 (Ref:573703)   #23
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Well, anything can happen in Formula One, and it usually does. Now here comes Schumacher in the Ferrari and he is followed by Schumacher .................

....and there's a BAR on fire and I think it is Bunsen.....yes!! it is Bunsen and there goes his hopes up in flames................

I just could resist it - the devil made me do it.
and

Last edited by neilap; 19 Apr 2003 at 03:01.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:27 (Ref:573711)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think what we are looking at here is a much improved team, a driver getting the maximum out of it, and another failing to do the same.

It's not all Webber, but there is no doubt in my mind replacing Irvine with Mark was the single best decision that team has ever made (for a team riddled with poor decisions thats not saying much I guess).

I was hestitant about Webber at first, but how long can we right off his brilliant performances as 'poor team mates' before its obvious he has more talent than the average bear?
Old 19 Apr 2003, 04:14 (Ref:573735)   #25
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The season is still very young....But so far he has impressed me.....yes the team has improved...yes the engine has been well engineered....but with the added one lap qualifying, and the short amount of practice on the tracs before racing.....it shows he has talent and can deliver under preasure when he needs to....Hope he keeps showing the same durring the rest of the season