Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Apr 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3055300)   #1
Grunta76
Rookie

Grunta76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missing hdt vk groupA

Hi,
I have come across a car that may be of some interest to some people.
The guy who owns it has said he purchased the car from hdt around 1987 as a bare vk shell. After buying it he converted it into a rally car, it was used for a short time then parked and stored in a chook shed for the last 25 years or so. I have seen the car and taken some photos of it, the cage still looks to be intact apart from the door intrusion bars being cut out for rallying (there is still clear evidence of where they were welded in the cage and the removed tubes are in the boot). The car looks quite bad and is in need of some loving, I'm not sure if he has the mechanicals for it but I'm sure if it is authentic then it should be brought out and recognized for what it is. I'm sure if this is what the owner says it is then it may put some question marks over some cars that are around at the moment.
I'm sorry I don't know how to attach pics on a post if someone can help me do this then I have some pics to show
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3055360)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunta76 View Post
Hi,
I have come across a car that may be of some interest to some people.
The guy who owns it has said he purchased the car from hdt around 1987 as a bare vk shell. After buying it he converted it into a rally car, it was used for a short time then parked and stored in a chook shed for the last 25 years or so. I have seen the car and taken some photos of it, the cage still looks to be intact apart from the door intrusion bars being cut out for rallying (there is still clear evidence of where they were welded in the cage and the removed tubes are in the boot). The car looks quite bad and is in need of some loving, I'm not sure if he has the mechanicals for it but I'm sure if it is authentic then it should be brought out and recognized for what it is. I'm sure if this is what the owner says it is then it may put some question marks over some cars that are around at the moment.
I'm sorry I don't know how to attach pics on a post if someone can help me do this then I have some pics to show
Hi there Grunta

You'll need to check out our faq's for guidance on posting in detail, but basically you'll need to upload the images you want to post from a sharing site like flickr or simialr
Old 8 Apr 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3055392)   #3
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please excuse my ignorance, but what, where, when are a hdt and a vk?

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3055409)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but what, where, when are a hdt and a vk?
It's all in code....

HDT= Holden Dealer Team

VK = Model code of Holden Commodore used for Touring Car racing in mid 80s

Old 8 Apr 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3055559)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
reference to 'chook shed' is the giveaway that this is down under....
Old 9 Apr 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3055688)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you dont have a chook shed, where do you get the eggs?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Apr 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3055843)   #7
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you dont have a chook shed, where do you get the eggs?

From the supermarket of course! Flip sake, next thing you will be telling us milk doesn't come from bottles