Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jan 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3702846)   #1076
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Without casting doubt on your pedigree and contacts, I think it is far from a given that Garry will be able to run Volvo panels next year and despite the protestations from GRM about the 2 new cars being built for DVS I am really not sure..

Hmmm, seems Mr Fogerty also see it the same way as I have been doing for some month's now.

At the end of the day the short deck, so called Chevy engine has never seen the light of day in any production car, and the block is not even manufactured by Chevy. Holden Motorsport have the blocks cast by Caterpillar, in small batch's from time to time, so apart from the fact that it get badged a Holden Motorsport engine, it's no more a Holden than Red Bulls TAG branded Renault engine.

Old 16 Jan 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3702855)   #1077
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Alex Premat has been confirmed as the co driver for Scotty McLaughlin this year. In fact I just found it, looks like this author is Holden biased, Penske never poached anyone, and in this case, Roland kicked Alex out. http://www.motoring.com.au/motorpsor...-again-105477/
Old 16 Jan 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3702860)   #1078
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your post is a bit ridiculous, the wording is:
Quote:
Curiously, it is the second Frenchman DJR Team Penske has signed from Triple Eight in the last few months following on from the move of technical guru Ludo Lacroix.
No "poached", just facts.

Plus from the facts available it would seem Premat signed with DJRTP of his own accord, rather than being "poached" or "pushed".

Alex is a hot property in the enduro market and rightly so. Just as Steven Richards moved from PRA to Red Bull, good drivers will have options open to them.
Old 16 Jan 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3702862)   #1079
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Your post is a bit ridiculous, the wording is:

No "poached", just facts.

Plus from the facts available it would seem Premat signed with DJRTP of his own accord, rather than being "poached" or "pushed".

Alex is a hot property in the enduro market and rightly so. Just as Steven Richards moved from PRA to Red Bull, good drivers will have options open to them.
I was typing as I was looking for the information and found it. I was going off the title. I had been told about it so looked for it. The title is ridiculous, if he wasn't poached, which he wasn't. Typical media hyping it up to be more than it was. And the truth is, Premat would have been pushed out of Red Bull. Dumbrell is with Whincup, Richo with Lowndes and Campbell with SVG. What was Roland going to do with Premat
Old 16 Jan 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3702863)   #1080
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I was typing as I was looking for the information and found it. I was going off the title. I had been told about it so looked for it. The title is ridiculous, if he wasn't poached, which he wasn't. Typical media hyping it up to be more than it was. And the truth is, Premat would have been pushed out of Red Bull. Dumbrell is with Whincup, Richo with Lowndes and Campbell with SVG. What was Roland going to do with Premat
I'm actually not sure PD will be back, but I have no information from the powder room or otherwise to support that
Old 16 Jan 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3702866)   #1081
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I'm actually not sure PD will be back, but I have no information from the powder room or otherwise to support that
Whincup wont find many who will be as good as Paul. I have heard that but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it as it's rumour. He is a better driver than Jamie when it gets to obeying orders. May deserve a drive again with triple 8 in car 4 with Lowndes and Autobarn sponsorship
Old 16 Jan 2017, 23:59 (Ref:3703044)   #1082
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What will Premat add to DJRTP over the co-drivers of previous??

Last edited by Just Do It!; 17 Jan 2017 at 00:06.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3703067)   #1083
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
What will Premat add to DJRTP over the co-drivers of previous??
Won the 2016 Pirtek Enduro Cup alongside the 2016 series champion...
Pretty good credibility right there..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jan 2017, 03:15 (Ref:3703068)   #1084
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... when are Nissan launching their 2016 squads?

The CarSales deal has now concluded hasn't it? So there may need a fresh backer there, while it was hard to see how Sengled would continue off the back of no leverage around what the product actually does.. Plus the 'works' car of Mr Caruso, and Ms De Silvestro's rocketship...
Old 17 Jan 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3703085)   #1085
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... when are Nissan launching their 2016 squads?

The CarSales deal has now concluded hasn't it? So there may need a fresh backer there, while it was hard to see how Sengled would continue off the back of no leverage around what the product actually does.. Plus the 'works' car of Mr Caruso, and Ms De Silvestro's rocketship...
Link: http://www.nissanmotorsport.com.au/2...nch-new-livery

Sorry, smart arse by nature.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3703244)   #1086
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Decision Looms on #17 Engineering Group

How hasn't this decision already been taken?

The team signed Mr McLaughlin what seems like months ago (because it was..) and knowing that they were running 2 cars in 2017, knew the resourcing required to put them on the grid..

Do these blokes & blokettes sit in the lunchroom, and draw straws to see who will engineer the cars? Or use tea leaves? Or flip a coin?

It's likely an attempt at creating puffery & suspense... to drag in the fans... or maybe they really don't know....

Not sure which one is worse?
Old 17 Jan 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3703250)   #1087
Mixer
Veteran

Also in there the answer on whether Premat was "poached":

Quote:
Meanwhile Triple Eight Race Engineering managing director Roland Dane said he had offered Premat the opportunity to remain with his squad for this year’s Enduro Cup but the Frenchman declined.

Dane explained that the Las Vegas-based driver had parted on good terms with the Brisbane team.

I offered Alex the opportunity to come back and he said he’d got something else to look at,” Dane told Speedcafe.com.

“You didn’t have to be a rocket scientist to see what it was.”
Old 18 Jan 2017, 01:36 (Ref:3703275)   #1088
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Quote:
AA suggest today that there will be a mandatory all-in test at Eastern Creek on Tuesday February 21st.. to familiarise the teams with the new 2017 tyre constructions!
Compulsory Feb 21 Test - CONFIRMED
Closed Test Day

And NOT compulsory!
Old 18 Jan 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3703277)   #1089
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How will the new tyres being a softer compound, wonder how they will cope with Bathurst and Phillip Island? (The re-introduction of the 2016 spec harder tyre, bringing in Super-Soft, Soft and Endurance)
Old 18 Jan 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3703278)   #1090
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
How will the new tyres being a softer compound, wonder how they will cope with Bathurst and Phillip Island? (The re-introduction of the 2016 spec harder tyre, bringing in Super-Soft, Soft and Endurance)
Compounds are staying the same (i.e. Soft & Option), its all work on sidewalls apparently..
Old 18 Jan 2017, 04:58 (Ref:3703284)   #1091
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Quote:
Compounds are staying the same (i.e. Soft & Option), its all work on sidewalls apparently..
As GTR said the sidewall is the only alteration. They have just renamed them to be super-soft and soft.

Negative connotations on "hard" tyres.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 05:27 (Ref:3703289)   #1092
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GRM To Run Commodores In 2017

Plus...Garry's View
Old 18 Jan 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3703293)   #1093
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Decision Looms on #17 Engineering Group

How hasn't this decision already been taken?
Yes the team knew how many heads it would need, but maybe was or even still is, in negotiation with some faces. McLaughlin may have been signed up in June, but some like Ludo only started this month.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3703299)   #1094
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
GRM To Run Commodores In 2017
This is just the only thing that makes sense.

1. I am not sure they would have ever got approval to run the car which Supercars requires
2. Surely running a Volvo shell with Chev engine means all your data is meaningless
3. With Commodores at least GRM can continue to develop the cars and be able to sell them to someone in the future
4. Garth Tander is a popular driver and has plenty of sponsor exposure, particularly with Holden links, and I suspect he can leverage Simon Mc and perhaps other Holden-related sponsors to GRM's or his own advantage.

GRM's Commodores were pretty good, so will be interesting to see how they go.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3703300)   #1095
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With GRM, Walkinshaw Racing, Dragon Racing and Holden all having had an input, hats off to those involved in keeping a lid on things. Particularly when some supposedly learned people both on this forum and in the trade press were confidently predicting Chev powered Volvos as recently as earlier this week.

One of the positive by-products is that Garth Tander will get to see out his career as a one-brand driver, while James Moffat becomes the most travelled man in the V8 era in brand terms having raced Ford, Nissan, Volvo and now Holden products.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3703303)   #1096
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Running Volvos this year, was a long shot.

At least now they can get on with things.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3703366)   #1097
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
As GTR said the sidewall is the only alteration. They have just renamed them to be super-soft and soft.

Negative connotations on "hard" tyres.
Since all racing tyres can be considered to be 'soft', albeit largely chemically so, then it would make more sense to call them soft and not-as-soft. Or normal and softer. Super-soft is a ridiculous concept grammatically!
Old 18 Jan 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3703431)   #1098
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Format Changes

No more 4x100km races at Pokeakiwi (Hooray!!)

Also 2x 250km races at PI

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/01/19/...ercars-events/
Old 19 Jan 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3703442)   #1099
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Story Here
Old 19 Jan 2017, 00:21 (Ref:3703443)   #1100
Mixer
Veteran

Proper Red Bull colours but doesn't gel with me, the Holden logo on that is just meh.