Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3729814)   #301
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Look at australian rugbys publishings and the A-Leagues they'll openly state a sum around 50% capacity when in reality it'll only be around 25%
What are your calculations based off there?
Old 29 Apr 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3729816)   #302
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look at australian rugbys publishings and the A-Leagues they'll openly state a sum around 50% capacity when in reality it'll only be around 25%
You don't think Supercars haven't ever done the same thing?

They are all as bad as eachother
Old 29 Apr 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3729817)   #303
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
What are your calculations based off there?
I'm making a general example about their practices lol super rugby and Australian international rugby is much worse in their over exaggerations of crowd attendances than what Supercars has done in the past all of the sporting divisions do it by my point is that Supercars is far off being the worst offender

Last edited by PS2244; 29 Apr 2017 at 03:15.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 05:29 (Ref:3729834)   #304
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Just for general information, the community event was predicted to be attended by 10,000 people today pretty good if you ask me and that's a conservative measure by all accounts

Last edited by PS2244; 29 Apr 2017 at 05:50.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3729837)   #305
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Just for general information, the community event was predicted to be attended by 10,000 people today pretty good if you ask me and that's a conservative measure by all accounts
Glad you got a good turnout, based on their previous form, Supercars will call that an average over three days, multiply it by 20% to account for the people who snuck in over the fence and call it 36,000.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3729952)   #306
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Story on the fan day from Supercars website: Nice day for it
Sorry Backagain, looks like they're talking 10K through the day.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3729980)   #307
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Glad you got a good turnout, based on their previous form, Supercars will call that an average over three days, multiply it by 20% to account for the people who snuck in over the fence and call it 36,000.
Dont forget they will claim all 36,000 stayed on average for 2 bed nights, each spending upwards of $500 per day in Newcastle with economic impact of $25million for the fan day.

When it was asked that was Newcastle residents who were attending and not requiring accommodation - V8SC offered no comment.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3730002)   #308
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Dont forget they will claim all 36,000 stayed on average for 2 bed nights, each spending upwards of $500 per day in Newcastle with economic impact of $25million for the fan day.

When it was asked that was Newcastle residents who were attending and not requiring accommodation - V8SC offered no comment.
I'm sorry, but you are Backagain are being juvenile. Just trolling because you don't like that a heap of people turned up and makes your previous comments look idiotic
Old 30 Apr 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3730014)   #309
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I'm sorry, but you are Backagain are being juvenile. Just trolling because you don't like that a heap of people turned up and makes your previous comments look idiotic
Don't get your knickers in a knot dearie. I did say I was glad that they got a good turn out, the rest of the comment was what is commonly known as "tounge in cheek" sarcasm. (a joke)
So what numbers will this translate to for the race, 10,000 will not make it a success.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3730015)   #310
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Don't get your knickers in a knot dearie. I did say I was glad that they got a good turn out, the rest of the comment was what is commonly known as "tounge in cheek" sarcasm. (a joke)
So what numbers will this translate to for the race, 10,000 will not make it a success.
10,000 for a community event is very strong, the ticket purchase line stretched a kilometre
Old 30 Apr 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3730019)   #311
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have no doubt year 1 will draw a big crowd just as Homebush and Hamilton did.It is whether the experience is good enough to get them back repeatedly that will be the crunch.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3730022)   #312
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I have no doubt year 1 will draw a big crowd just as Homebush and Hamilton did.It is whether the experience is good enough to get them back repeatedly that will be the crunch.
If novocastrians can produce one of the biggest average crowds in the nrl for a team that's won only 2 games in the span 2 years I'm fairly sure this won't be a "one hit wonder"
Old 30 Apr 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3730030)   #313
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
I think Newcastle and the East End has well and truely spoken today, the counter demonstration held today only drew 10 east end residents which pretty pathetic when 950 live on the east end according to the 06' census and it shows this movement is losing members head over heel

Last edited by PS2244; 30 Apr 2017 at 09:45.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3730044)   #314
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
10,000 for a community event is very strong, the ticket purchase line stretched a kilometre

Did you buy your tickets?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3730051)   #315
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Did you buy your tickets?
No I only went for the event festivities not ticket purchasing as I live in the circuit precinct and get accreditation for the event being in the east end directly adjacent to the track

Last edited by PS2244; 30 Apr 2017 at 11:46.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3730057)   #316
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No I only went for the event festivities not ticket purchasing as I live in the circuit precinct and get accreditation for the event being in the east end directly adjacent to the track
Got a spare bed ? - I need one but can't afford the prices asked.
Price gouging seems to go hand in hand with these events.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 12:24 (Ref:3730061)   #317
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Got a spare bed ? - I need one but can't afford the prices asked.
Price gouging seems to go hand in hand with these events.
No unfortunately I can't sorry to say, but have you tried airbnb? The prices are usually very good on there you can get accomodations ill PM you some good listings from it

Last edited by PS2244; 30 Apr 2017 at 12:44.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 12:33 (Ref:3730062)   #318
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
10,000 Tickets Sold Already

And additional grandstands likely!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Apr 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3730068)   #319
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
10,000 Tickets Sold Already

And additional grandstands likely!
Told you all we could do it bravo Newcastle
Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3730070)   #320
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

50 v's 10,000 .......
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3730080)   #321
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

50 v's 10,000 .......
Coincidently gtr it wasn't even 50 in truth they hijacked a workers rights march and added their numbers on to theirs and it was only 10 people genuinely protesting the event
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3730202)   #322
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know i am repeating myself but I love Newcastle town and I really hope this event brings people to the town who will return for all that the region has to offer.

I love the work going on in The East End and I see the race fitting in with that effort, which the nimbys are also against.

I also work in an industry that will indirectly benefit from events like this, but you can't doubt the increase in employment, even if you make the claim that the economic benefit numbers are exaggerated at a race 15 years ago that was run in the middle of winter...
Old 1 May 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3730225)   #323
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I also work in an industry that will indirectly benefit from events like this, but you can't doubt the increase in employment, even if you make the claim that the economic benefit numbers are exaggerated at a race 15 years ago that was run in the middle of winter...
The claim?

The Audior general's report doesnt make 'claims' does it?

I think you guys may be missing the point - its not the negative economic impact of the Canberra and Homebush events (read that - not small, actual loss) its the actions and information from the promoter to "overstate and provide significantly inaccurate and incomplete information".

Why is it possible Newcastle Council and the NSW Government haven't been sold and bought the same thing.

I am not sure what winter and 15 years ago has to do with this - aside from some posters wanting to throw in some avoidance.
Old 1 May 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3730226)   #324
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The claim?

The Audior general's report doesnt make 'claims' does it?

I think you guys may be missing the point - its not the negative economic impact of the Canberra and Homebush events (read that - not small, actual loss) its the actions and information from the promoter to "overstate and provide significantly inaccurate and incomplete information".

Why is it possible Newcastle Council and the NSW Government haven't been sold and bought the same thing.

I am not sure what winter and 15 years ago has to do with this - aside from some posters wanting to throw in some avoidance.
Isnt the NSW government who are funding this event the same people who commissioned the homebush report, Are you suggesting that policies and procedures not put in place to deal with the issues in the homebush report
Old 1 May 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3730235)   #325
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Isnt the NSW government who are funding this event the same people who commissioned the homebush report, Are you suggesting that policies and procedures not put in place to deal with the issues in the homebush report
I have zero confidence in the NSW Government to apply learnings from these events - highlighted by ICAC and other investigations into the government.

For example - this shows the disconnect between the Premier and cabinet and those providing recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW Audit Office
We recognise that the event was prepared in a tight timeframe, attracted a large crowd and was proclaimed a success by the Premier. However, we concluded that:
 Government received inadequate advice when assessing the proposal
 Post-event analysis indicates that costs are more than planned and that economic impacts are less than estimated largely because of fewer visitors from interstate.
Was direct negotiation with the proponent properly handled? We concluded that direct negotiation with the proponent was not well handled. The approach to assessing the proposal and negotiating an agreement did not follow established procedures for investing public funds. We found that:

Audit conclusion and recommendations Government investment in V8 supercar races at Sydney Olympic Park
 Initial advice by State Development to Cabinet in June 2008 was not based around a business case and did not allow Government to make a well informed decision.
 Further advice provided to Cabinet in July and September 2008 was based on limited analysis and restricted consideration of options.
 Events NSW, the major event experts, were not requested to provide advice to Government before the Cabinet’s in-principle support in June.
 The Government’s negotiating position was weakened by the media reports in July 2008 about the Government’s in-principle support for the event at Sydney Olympic Park. The Government and the proponent negotiated an agreement ten months later.

Were estimates of costs and benefits complete and accurate?

We concluded that estimates of costs and benefits were not complete and accurate.

We found that:

 Costs to Government are estimated to exceed the cap of $35 million of cash and inkind costs approved by Cabinet by $10 million relating to government agency support.
There is no indication that the contribution to V8SA will be exceeded.
 Government received advice that the net direct cost to government would be approximately $33.9 million. The cost to government will also be reduced by an estimated $2 million from the sale of infrastructure purchased for the event.
 Estimated economic impacts of the proposal have declined by at least 24 per cent. They are now near the level of earlier benefits analysis that rejected the event at Sydney Olympic Park. While the global financial crisis was a factor in the decline, the 2008 economic analysis of the event proposal was based on increased attendance figures for interstate and overseas visitors.