Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1612351)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Renault brand change scenarios

With Renault reportedly considering changing brand identity for the F1 outfit, as part of their long term commitment, I've been thinking about possiblities.

If it's rebranded as Nissan that might tempt big Japanese backers into sponsoring them and open up a door for a talented Japanese driver to either a race ot test seat...Ryo Fukuda was an RDD driver a few years ago so maybe they already have someone simialr in mind?

More interestingly if it's rebranded Infinity - Nissan's USA cloak so to speak - then that could well open a door for another new American driver (I'm sure Bernie and Max would be a fan of that idea) or someone well known in US racing circles...

That could mean Sebatien Bourdais finally gets a chance, but a mouthwatering option could be Marco Andretti, if he continues to develop his skills over the next couple of seasons?

What are the possibilites on the Nissan/Infinit front for other members?
Old 17 May 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1612366)   #2
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think one of the drivers Flavio manages will be at Renault next year.
Old 17 May 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1612371)   #3
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
PLS Mark PLS Mark .....

but I think it would be great to see nissan in F1 but I would like to see mmmm maybe Prodrive become a second team to renault the whole shared info would do wonders if a test ban comes in
Old 17 May 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1612655)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Who owns Renault now? I think Nissan would be interesting, seeing as they would be in direct competition with big rivals Honda and Toyota. They would certainly wanna step up their game if a third japanise manufacturer entered the series. As for drivers, I can't see anyone other than someone under contract to Flavio getting a seat. Renault or whoever they brand themselves as will want to remain at the front of the grid and that means having two top drivers, rather than someone for commericial reasons.
Old 17 May 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1612725)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AFAIK, Renault own Renault.

Nissan certainly would be a viable option for them to rebrand the team. Infiniti clearly compete against BMW, & Mercedes in the US market, but as neither Honda nor TOYOTA have branded their F1 teams as Acura or Lexus respectively, the precedent isn't there for Nissan to be branded as Infiniti. Also, I thought Infiniti was only marketed as brand in the US though the cars are marketed as Nissan's elsewhere.

My suspicion is that Renault are on the way out and that this is a red herring.
Old 17 May 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1612735)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Renault owns 44% of Nissan, which owns 14% of Renault, and Nissan owns Infinity (what would be that Renault owns 22% of Inifinity ????? )

Now how come they will re-brand their F1 team ? Renault is struggling to keep its brand in the world market, it's a marketing disaster if they drop the main jewel they have !
Old 17 May 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1612823)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it should be Dacia

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1612844)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm....somehow the Nissan name in F1 is somewhat unattractive!

I hope Renault stay personally, if only because they have a heritage in the sport.
Old 17 May 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1612985)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a non-sense, rather leave F1 then.
Old 17 May 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1613025)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
So, Infinity is Nissan. Right. There are a couple of fantastically annoying radio adverts for that brand that I have been hearing for months now. They drive me nuts, and finally I know who to direct the negative feelings towards.

In the Calgary area, at least, we have both Infinity and Nissan. There are a fair few Nissan dealerships about, but I can't think off hand of seeing an Infintiy one (though I probably have, but unknowingly). I presume there must be some about, otherwise it would be seem rather pointless advertising the brand.

Regarding F1 rebranding: I don't care. It is just a name.

However, having said that, would the involvement of a third Japanese manufacturer risk a rather extreme spending war? Hopefully the Nissan branding woould follow Renault's current system.
Old 17 May 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1613035)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
However, having said that, would the involvement of a third Japanese manufacturer risk a rather extreme spending war? Hopefully the Nissan branding woould follow Renault's current system.
I would imagine that if any rebranding was to take place, then the culture of the team and the way it operates would remain pretty much the same given that I would imagine that the personnel would be unchanged and the funding systems would remain
Old 17 May 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1613036)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, this is the hope.
Old 17 May 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1613068)   #13
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another comment

Click HERE
Old 18 May 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1613087)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FWIW, Nissan is also sold in the United States along with Infiniti. Infiniti is just their "luxary" line.

I think marketing the Nissan line is a smart move. It certainly makes sense considering that Honda does not use the Acura name in F1 and Toyota do not use the Lexus name in F1.
Old 18 May 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1613261)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
If they are remaned Infiniti, how long do you think a news headline will read -

'To Infiniti and Beyond!'

'New F1 team's budget set to reach the Infiniti mark'
Old 18 May 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1613273)   #16
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well can a team rebadge cars for different races ???

Can they be Renault in Europe, and Nissan in the rest of the world ??
Old 18 May 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1613349)   #17
littlefarny
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
littlefarny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see the Nissan name being used, Japan is F1's biggest market (well, according to BusinessF1), so it would make sense to use their Japanese brand in the sport.
It'll be more like 2008, rather than 07, when the big changes happen anyway.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1613376)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

If Renault wants to give away his own brand for his japanese counterpart then that's Ok, anyway it's somebody else's money we're talking about...
Old 21 May 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1615358)   #19
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
renault FI to change name????????

How True Is This ?????????

Last edited by Knowlesy; 21 May 2006 at 11:50.
Old 21 May 2006, 06:47 (Ref:1615361)   #20
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How true is what?
Old 21 May 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1615366)   #21
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
How true is what?
FROM RENAULT F1 to another subsiduaries name [NISSAN OR WHAT] ????
Old 21 May 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1615385)   #22
Cevert
Rookie

United States
Asheville,NC.USA
Cevert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All a lot of poop.
Old 21 May 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1615387)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old news.

Pay attention.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83536
Old 21 May 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1615389)   #24
Cevert
Rookie

United States
Asheville,NC.USA
Cevert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally someones who's up to date.
Old 21 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1615395)   #25
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevert
Finally someones who's up to date.
It's about time some come out of the dark ages, NISSAN is CONTROLED by RENAULT from PARIS - FRANCE.......