Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3377677)   #51
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like we might have a Nissan according to DSC- JRM are looking for a funded Bronze driver to partner an un-named pro, although it seems the car will be run by JMH Racing with JRM's support...

http://www.jrm-group.com/nissan-gt_r...supported-team
Old 12 Mar 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3377686)   #52
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
In addition to JRM, I can confirm that Rodger Davies Racing will also be running a car in British GT this year, provided we can get a bronze driver to purchase the car, trailers and pay for mechanics, spares and our bar bills for the year.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3377739)   #53
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
In addition to JRM, I can confirm that Rodger Davies Racing will also be running a car in British GT this year, provided we can get a bronze driver to purchase the car, trailers and pay for mechanics, spares and our bar bills for the year.
I reckon it's supposed to be a season long 2 car effort with options for some 24h races as well...
Old 12 Mar 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3377749)   #54
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
jodyfirth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, did you catch the story announced late yesterday?

http://www.trackspeed.net/?p=557

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=24568
Old 12 Mar 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3377779)   #55
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Saw those this morning, two rather nice liveries there.

Will be strange not seeing Ashburn driving any more.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3377781)   #56
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
jodyfirth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see him again this year! Thats not a hint just a gut feeling
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3377795)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Delighted for you Jody ..... Bloody good driver line up here too , and a good solid car .

Wish you both the best ..... and a championship at the end of it .
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3377900)   #58
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I'm sure we'd all chip in if it was something new to the series- the Reiter Camaro would look good in Welsh flag colours....and if you're looking for volunteers to help keep those bar bills up...

As you suggest, there's a bit of a gap between the 'JRM launching a factory-supported assault on the championship aimed at lifting the title' bit at the top of the article, and the bit where it turns out they're looking to sell a rentadrive for the season, and the car's actually going to be run by a customer team, not JRM themselves....

Looking at it more charitably, let's hope that maybe they've already signed a 'Pro' with a sponsor bringing a part-budget, and are looking for an 'Am' to fill the other seat and top the budget up...

Whether they've got a deal part-done for the season, or are just kite-flying in the hope of selling a drive, I hope they find a decently quick and well-funded bronze-grader to take the deal up- I like the Nissan and it would be good to see one in BGT again.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3377904)   #59
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Me too. For the record.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3382205)   #60
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know when / where the Media day is ? Thanks
Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3382307)   #61
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Does anyone know when / where the Media day is ? Thanks
It's at Donington on the 8th of April (along with British F3). There is testing too - I don't know if the circuit is open to the public or not though?
Old 20 Mar 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3382326)   #62
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many Thanks
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3384044)   #63
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
This one amused me; whilst all around the world teams make plans that 'just require funding', in British GT we've got a mailing from Paul White saying he and Tom Onslow-Cole want to contend the entire British GT season, but don't have a car/team for the opening round and are looking for spaces.

Very upsidedown.

Link: http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=7b065ae446
Old 25 Mar 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3384192)   #64
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
This might be more accurate: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25639

The maximum number of entries for the opening round at Oulton have been reached and they're not granted one.

On the brighter side of things: excellent to see the BGT series doing so well, the decision to go Pro-Am is clearly paying off.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3384298)   #65
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
They DO have a car
Old 25 Mar 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3384386)   #66
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Sorry, my bad, I forgot that Paul has an Aston already. Just looking for an entry spot for Oulton then. Thanks for the extra info on DSC, more than provided in the driver's own PR! Still, after a few years ago ]it's nice that it's this well subscribed.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3387971)   #67
KA
Veteran

Preliminary list of 30 confirmed entries on DSC- with at least one major announcement still to come, and a surprise on the confirmed list- Tom Onslow-Cole/Paul White in a Nissan, rather than an Aston, although they're apparently still looking for an entry for Oulton...

Looks like we've got another good season in hand with this lot confirmed so far....No sign of McLarens or Mercedes so far though...?

GT3 (19 so far)

Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Beechdean AMR (Howard/Adam)
MP AMR (Abra/Poole)
Oman Racing Team/Motorbase (Caine/Al-Harthy)
Oman Racing Team/Motorbase (Hartshorne/Butcher)
Horsepower Racing (Schulz/Bailey)
PGF Kinfaun AMR (Gaw/Dryburgh)

Audi R8 LMS
United Autosport (Patterson/Bell)

Bentley Continental
Generation Bentley (Appleby/Tandy)

BMW Z4
Ecurie Ecosse (Attard/Sims)
Triple Eight (Osbourne/Mowle)
Triple Eight (Johnstone/Hines)

Ferrari F458
AF Corse (Dhillon/Scott)
AF Corse (Lathouras/Lyons)
FF Corse (Eastwood/Barff)
Rosso Verde (Lester/Simonsen)

Ginetta G55
IDL/CWS (White/Sharp)

Nissan GTR
Strata 21/JMH (White/Onslow-Cole)

Porsche GT3R
Trackspeed (Minshaw/Keen)
Trackspeed (Hughes/Firth)

GT4 (11 so far)

Aston Martin Vantage V8
Beechdean AMR (Wylie/Giddings)
TF Sport (Jarman/Modell)

BMW M3
ABG Motorsport (Jones/TBA)

Ginetta G55
Twisted Team Parker (Barwick/Ellis)
Fox Motorsport (Stanley/McNeilly)
Century Motorsport (Parfitt Jnr/Oliphant)
Century Motorsport (Dons/Schjerpen)
Optimum Motorsport (Murrells/Mann)
Academy Motorsport (Nicoll-Jones/Basey-Fisher)

Lotus Evora
ISSY Racing (Yusuf/Kershaw)

Porsche 997
Team Parker Motorsport (Baxter/TBA)

Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3387974)   #68
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I really like the balance between the two classes.... a nice number of GT3s, but GT4 is definitely healthy enough to have its own battles and to make for proper multi class racing.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3388185)   #69
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Looks like we've got another good season in hand with this lot confirmed so far....No sign of McLarens or Mercedes so far though...?
Presumably the Godfreys will be back in their Merc and I'd have expected Fortec on their too with their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I really like the balance between the two classes.... a nice number of GT3s, but GT4 is definitely healthy enough to have its own battles and to make for proper multi class racing.
GT4 is a bit heavy on the Ginettas for my taste but good to see a bit more variety there this year.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3388189)   #70
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a big fan of the GT4 concept and I am hoping this year sees it really take off. Its a big step up in numbers and marque representation from previous years. Yes, it's Ginetta heavy but that was inevitable really given the number of cars there are available. It will be interesting to see how the BoP works out; it really needs to be a competitive year amongst the marques for others to jump in.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3388239)   #71
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Presumably the Godfreys will be back in their Merc and I'd have expected Fortec on their too with their car.
Fortec has entered two cars for BSS. But that should not prevent them from starting in BGT...
Old 3 Apr 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3388248)   #72
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I'm a big fan of the GT4 concept and I am hoping this year sees it really take off. Its a big step up in numbers and marque representation from previous years. Yes, it's Ginetta heavy but that was inevitable really given the number of cars there are available. It will be interesting to see how the BoP works out; it really needs to be a competitive year amongst the marques for others to jump in.
It's definitely got better variety this year but the Ginettas don't appeal at all (don't know why really - I'm just not impressed). I thought I'd read somewhere about a Toyota GT86 being prepared for GT4 but I guess that's not appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
Fortec has entered two cars for BSS. But that should not prevent them from starting in BGT...
Hmm, maybe they won't be out in British GT then - it'd be a shame if they weren't. Do you think any of the teams doing British GT will do the BSS round at Brands?
Old 3 Apr 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3388292)   #73
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In today's Autosport that Fortec won't be back "full time" this year.
So, may be back part time or may choose to skip it entirely.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3388303)   #74
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Well the British GT site has their preview up and they reckon that the manufacturers are:

Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Ginetta, Lotus, McLaren, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota.

So no Mercedes but a McLaren will appear and the elusive Toyota.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3388357)   #75
KA
Veteran

Autosport suggest that the Jones brothers will be back with their McLaren, rather than their Merc (nice to have the choice!), and that Fortec might turn out for a few rounds, although their main programme is Blancpain Sprint.

They also suggest there's a second Nissan to come from JRM, shared by 'an experienced GT driver and a rookie'...

There's not been much news of the GT4 Toyota- IIRC GPRM had it (or at least a show car?) on display in the paddock at Donington last year