Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 May 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3737031)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Austin Dillon takes the #3 back to victory lane and gets his first win. Good for him and Mr. Childress.

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Old 29 May 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3737115)   #107
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've been watching racing all day but I had to cut it out for family and packing for a trip.

I see Chase was taken out by not fault of his own so I don't how much time I'll be watching the last race on the single greatest day in motor racing.

Edit: tuning in to see 58 laps to go in stage 2. How many laps to finish? They won't show that so they can keep me hooked? I think I see through their ploy now!

Edit x2. Lightning in the area. Red Flag.
Quote:
Austin Dillon takes the #3 back to victory lane and gets his first win. Good for him and Mr. Childress.
I'm not a fan of these glorified "heat races". I'd rather see them just run the full race, like they always have in the past. I watched the whole race. I played it smart, since the weather was threatening for the entire day here, after I got home from Church, I took a nap. Got up at 5:00 pm. had a bite to eat then watched the Pre-race show and then into the coverage for the race. Gut told me that there would be a rain delay, that would last around 1 1/2 to two hours and that the race would run long into the evening, early morning and I was right. Had I not taken the nap, I doubt seriously, that I would have made it to the end of the race. It is unfortunate that NASCAR has allowed sponsors and TV networks to dictate race starting times. This is the longest race of the season and it SHOULD NOT be run at night! NO 400, 500 or 600 mile race should be run at night! Fine with short tracks, where they run lap numbers instead of miles and fine for a superspeedway, like Phoenix, where they run 300 some odd miles, instead of 400 to 500 miles. Those races are short enough that baring rain or extended red flags, for accidents, finish at a reasonable time. This race NEEDS to revert back to it's original afternoon starting time!!! Had it started in the afternoon, like it did for most of it' history, it would have been finished, well before the rains/thunderstorms came! PUT THE 600 BACK TO AN AFTERNOON START TIME!

Happy for Austin Dillon getting his first win! He and Johnson gambled and the gamble for him, paid off, it didn't for Johnson! No doubt that Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch (What an childish JERK, his post race interview and microphone drop were inexcusable) were faster and were closing FAST. But Dillon was able to hang on and win. Yeah, bad luck for Chase, he seems to be "snake bitten", just can't catch a break, same with Ryan Blaney. They will both get wins, soon, they just need a change of luck. While I don't care for "fuel mileage" races, this one was interesting, seeing if Dillon could hang on or if the two rocket ships, of Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch would overhaul and pass him in the last lap and a half.
Old 6 Jun 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3738996)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Darrell "Bubba" Wallace, Jr. will make his Cup debut at Pocono this weekend, becoming only the 4th black driver to race in the top series, joining Bill Lester, Wendell Scott and Willy T. Ribbs. He is subbing for the injured Aric Almirolla.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-pocono-060517

Old 6 Jun 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3739033)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Green flag at 6pm means a possible 11pm finish. Not too bad for Sunday night TV before a holiday, although less favorable for a spectator.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3740526)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Another young gun gets a win before Chase. That's fine; his day is coming.

Good for Ryan Blaney taking his first win and good for the Wood Brothers. Always neat seeing the 21 in victory lane. I watched a decent bit of this race as I still love Pocono.

JJ lost his brakes going into 1 and had a scary crash / hard hit. Glad he's okay. In the same incident, Jamie Mac got into junk from Jimmie's car and had a hard hit and a fire on the #1 car.

The segments are stupid, but the racing (when left alone) at good tracks is still as good as it gets.

It was a hot day in PA and Bubba Wallace passed out after his first race; not from the heat, but because he was mad. Finishing 26th in his debut.
https://sports.yahoo.com/darrell-wal...235538135.html

Old 14 Jun 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3741323)   #111
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Always neat seeing the 21 in victory lane.
Yes
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3741676)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Can we pick on Danica a little?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO4su6VTg08

She has time berate someone but no time for autographs?

Still wish Danicafan was around...

Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3742178)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Wow, snippy Danica doesn't get modern PR does she?
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3742395)   #114
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
According to herself there was more to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpC0PErKTs
Old 17 Jun 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3742416)   #115
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, that seems a little convenient. Had that been the case, explain it to the boo birds, not some random camera in a clean environment.

Maybe this same thing has happened to others and DP just gets shade for it.

She makes more money than I do.

Old 20 Jun 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3745536)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Interesting quote from Junior and some criticism finally coming from drivers on debris cautions:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...ebris-caution/

Quote:
"I don't know why they've got to throw so many damn debris yellows," Earnhardt said during a postrace Periscope broadcast. "The purpose of having stages was really because the networks want more cautions, more restarts, because people tune in when we have a caution. They tune in for a restart. That's the whole reason why we have the stages to try to create a little more drama, so I don't know why we keep throwing the damn debris yellows and stuff."
TV influencing the cautions??? Well, I never!!

Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3745551)   #117
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Juniors out at the end of the year, he doesn't care any more hahaha
Old 20 Jun 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3745577)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Juniors out at the end of the year, he doesn't care any more hahaha
Ha! Kinda wish he or some driver would've call NASCAR on their BS years ago...

Old 26 Jun 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3746853)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
For some reason, I thought I'd enjoy the race today at Sonoma, so I recorded and just finished it. The road course races are so chopped up and confusing with pitstop strategies because of the stages. Still fun to watch stockcars hustle through the esses and bound off curbs, but the actual race product is garbage.

Speaking of garbage, I guess this is the last race people have to deal with FOX for 2017. They have six people in suits covering the race and each is just as annoying as he other. Put more people in the pits and maybe out on the course / track. That's much more informative than listening to Mikey and Chris talk about whose hair has more product in it...

The good news is, it looks as though they have a contract through 2024

Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3747263)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Some of it is, at least to me, the FOX guys almost resent the road courses and put zero effort in to the production. The TNT crew was a little better but still missed the leaders often and loved the mid-pack battles that often weren't for position, and of course the Robby Gordon late race charge watch.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.