Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3695864)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CSCC THRUXTON

CSCC visit to one of the faster circuits....
Old 18 Apr 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3727563)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone here have a link to the entry for next weekend at Thruxton?
Old 18 Apr 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3727640)   #3
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can never get CSCC entry lists online, just the timetable within the finals.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3727684)   #4
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think CSCC post it on line till after the event!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entry List Thruxton Printed 13.04.pdf (208.1 KB, 44 views)
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 19 Apr 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3727685)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Many thanks, going Saturday-love Thruxton!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3727843)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Thanks for the entry list. Planning on going Sunday.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3727886)   #7
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the idea that the CSCC don't have a lunch break on the Sunday - they have "Afternoon Tea" according to the timetable

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=ti...017/171664.pdf
Old 24 Apr 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3728915)   #8
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a few from my weekend, sorry again for the watermark but I'm afraid needs must! Speaking with a couple of the other photographers who have 'been around a while' - the club and it's grids have been going from strength to strength, we are soon going to need a 4 day weekend to get everyone in lol

#1 think the phrase is "on it"

#2 two wheeling Lotus

#3 is this where the saying "fire in the belly" comes from? oil breather onto hot exhaust I'm guessing

#4 seriously, what's not to love

#5 oh yeah!!!

#6 we also had lots of the newer stuff out as well

Have so many to choose I keep changing my mind everytime I look through, feel free to check out the weekend if you're bored
Thanks for your time

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 24 Apr 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3728935)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picture 5 shows Baby Bertha and what the fence fairies have erected over winter at the chicane. BSB and BSCC fans beware.

Enjoyable Sunday entertainment with some lovely grids and decent weather down at the complex. Photo angles aren't too bad down there but there's no catering for smaller events.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3728961)   #10
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Picture 5 shows Baby Bertha and what the fence fairies have erected over winter at the chicane. BSB and BSCC fans beware.
(
Yep - new fencing outside the cafe / banking at the chicane, heard a few choice words from some of the spectators.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 24 Apr 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3729000)   #11
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the debris new fence was a pain in the bum.
Fortunately there was just space at the grandstand end to shoot directly into the chicane.
It was not too busy for CSCC but for BTCC in a couple of weeks its going to be like the first day of the Harrods sale for those with long lenses!
I thought the code 60 flag minimised the delays and gave competitors more racing time compared to a safety car intervention, but code 60 discipline was somewhat lacking by some.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3729045)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
I thought the code 60 flag minimised the delays and gave competitors more racing time compared to a safety car intervention, but code 60 discipline was somewhat lacking by some.
That's the problem at the moment- to work properly all cars on track need to stick to 60kph, not just some of them!.....

BTW Is the flag really that pink (see above)?
Old 25 Apr 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3729051)   #13
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps with a slight hint of purple!
Old 25 Apr 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3729058)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Perhaps with a slight hint of purple!
Ah, I can see pink/purple clothing being banned on the pitwall in case it is mistaken for a flag, like red is sometimes! Darn....
Old 25 Apr 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3729085)   #15
Clearways
Rookie

United Kingdom
West London
Clearways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion Code 60 would work significantly better if drivers had radios as well as the marshals. The problem is a 'raceceiver' system will cost the club between £500-£2000 for the base station plus £50-300 per competitor, although maybe this competitor cost would be passed on to the competitors. Something possibly worth exploring for the clubs using Code 60.

The code works exceptionally well in qualifying and saves a lot of time. In a race situation it is unlikely to ever work satisfactorily as there is always a chance for competitors to gain an uncontrolled amount of time. Yes there are always competitors that benefit or lose out from a safety car, but the effect is generally known and controlled if race control follow the safety car procedure properly (which can take a lot of time!).

For events like CSCC where the racing is non-championship, Code 60 has more scope for working. For highly competitive race series like the national Formula Ford championship, code 60 will only cause disputes and problems.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3729116)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearways View Post
In my opinion Code 60 would work significantly better if drivers had radios as well as the marshals. The problem is a 'raceceiver' system will cost the club between £500-£2000 for the base station plus £50-300 per competitor, although maybe this competitor cost would be passed on to the competitors. Something possibly worth exploring for the clubs using Code 60.

The code works exceptionally well in qualifying and saves a lot of time. In a race situation it is unlikely to ever work satisfactorily as there is always a chance for competitors to gain an uncontrolled amount of time. Yes there are always competitors that benefit or lose out from a safety car, but the effect is generally known and controlled if race control follow the safety car procedure properly (which can take a lot of time!).

For events like CSCC where the racing is non-championship, Code 60 has more scope for working. For highly competitive race series like the national Formula Ford championship, code 60 will only cause disputes and problems.
Agree. From memory Fun Cup competitors and their pit crews are in radio contact with Race Control. (Or other way round!) I did SC for one of their enduros and was impressed how useful it was. But as you say, there is a cost.....