Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jan 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3194259)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SVRA Sebring Spring Vintage Classic 26 Feb-03 March

This race meeting is usually supported by some cars from UK thanks to Bernie Chodosh. Anyone making the trip?

Cliff Ryan will be there with his US based Mustang in Gp6, and I am very excited to be joining him for the event. The provisional timetable for the weekend is here and I understand that there will be big gathering for that American icon, the Corvette, which is celebrating the model's 60th birthday.

The race car drive into town thursday evening sounds like fun!

Edit- typo on dates Starts 28th Feb....
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3194282)   #2
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really looking forward to racing at Sebring for the first time and sharing the Mustang with Mike

JR or any one else please pop along if your in the area, with or without your dog
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3194285)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It's not the race meeting it was a few years ago.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3194289)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It's not the race meeting it was a few years ago.
Luckily, not having been before, I won't be able to make any comparison!

Old 26 Jan 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3194465)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Muse are on in Orlando about 26th!
Old 26 Jan 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3194503)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
John you old rocker you!

Wish I was going with you guys but have planned a trip to Thailand instead and no I am not bringing back a TingTong I am quite happy with the lady I have got thank you!
Old 26 Jan 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3194512)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Muse are on in Orlando about 26th!
Wow, if could get to that it would be 'mmmmmadness'.........

Darn it, the concert is 25th.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 26 Jan 2013 at 16:13.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 05:55 (Ref:3194774)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Come a day early.Went to country rock concert their tonight.Superb.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3199829)   #9
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Medical done & licence renewal delivered to MSA, everything coming together nicely - roll on Sebring
Old 17 Feb 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3206195)   #10
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Mike, went to check Mustang at Brion's yesterday to help with loading up on trailer to find it up on ramp with sump off, oil pump & distributor out as when Brion fired it up after refresh there was no oil pressure as oil wasn't pumping

Good news is bearings & everything checked out ok & oil is now pumping so should be all good today when he fires her up

We may have to finish off the cleaning at Sebring, as I didn't get to give her her usual cost of pre race polish
Old 17 Feb 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3206217)   #11
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVRA Sebring Spring Vintage Classic 26 Feb-03 March

If you go to SVRA's website, select events - upcoming events - the Spring Vintage Classic. Scroll down, the entry list is there by name and by race group.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3206225)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Mike, we may have to finish off the cleaning at Sebring, as I didn't get to give her her usual cost of pre race polish
Looks like that will be my job as am not all the entry list to co-drive....
Old 17 Feb 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3206334)   #13
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike/Cliff. Owing to a series of events (and, probably, the sun currently being in Uranus, if you believe in that sort of thing) I find myself in Florida from 23rd to 28th February - 97 miles due west of Sebring according to the Florida mileage charts. The 24th has been taken up with a visit to the Daytona 500 but I might well travel over to Sebring on either 27th or 28th for a look around. Do you have a timetable or can you point me in the right direction?
Old 17 Feb 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3206353)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Mike/Cliff. Owing to a series of events (and, probably, the sun currently being in Uranus, if you believe in that sort of thing) I find myself in Florida from 23rd to 28th February - 97 miles due west of Sebring according to the Florida mileage charts. The 24th has been taken up with a visit to the Daytona 500 but I might well travel over to Sebring on either 27th or 28th for a look around. Do you have a timetable or can you point me in the right direction?
Peter, that all sounds highly suspicious! Cliff and I will be at the circuit first thing Thursday 28th for documentation, scrutineering etc. Late pm there is a race car cavalcade into town. Not sure if you go onto SVRA website and events if a timetable is on there. Don't think any track time until Friday. I may have a link on PC- will look in morning.

Old 17 Feb 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3206388)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Peter, that all sounds highly suspicious! Cliff and I will be at the circuit first thing Thursday 28th for documentation, scrutineering etc. Late pm there is a race car cavalcade into town. Not sure if you go onto SVRA website and events if a timetable is on there. Don't think any track time until Friday. I may have a link on PC- will look in morning.

Flight back to blighty is early evening on the 28th so looks like I will miss out this year. B*ll*cks!!

Hope you have a good time out there.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3206428)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds like filter anti drain back valve could be faulty Cliff, I have heard of problems with Fram products.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3206462)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Leaving Orlando about 9 am Friday morning so at Sebring track at 10 30 am Will be at the track until about 2 pm Friday and back in Orlando 3 30pm.

If anyone wants a lift shout or if anyone needs a lift to and from Orlando for Shootout or 500 I am going.Lets hope it's better than yesterday's yawn feast.Todays thing about that lady being on pole will make the 500 a lot more crowd appealing.Sure it wasn't a fix.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3206500)   #18
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Peter, we have a test day on Thursday 28th so will be at circuit from about 9am, full timetable is on SVRA.com event details tab.

Al, that's what Brion thinks it was, all reassembled & oil pumping ok. Brion is firing her up in the morning as he wants to let the gasket sealant go off properly before generating any heat or full pressure.

JR, look forward to seeing you again.

Mike, just remember 'wax on, wax off'
Old 18 Feb 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3206576)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Todays thing about that lady being on pole will make the 500 a lot more crowd appealing.Sure it wasn't a fix.
Danica Patrick on pole for Daytona 500, that's going to get a lot of publicity!

196mph lap in a Nascar beast. Mmmmmm......
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3206725)   #20
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
If you go to SVRA's website, select events - upcoming events - the Spring Vintage Classic. Scroll down, the race schedule is there.
Photohsr
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3206733)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Thank you.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3207438)   #22
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

We have oil pressure

Looks like you were right Al !

She's loaded up & polished ready for the trip to Florida, snow permitting, so Mike you're not even needed for car cleaning
Old 19 Feb 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3207477)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
See I told you, you should have paid me ticket over lol!
Old 20 Feb 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3207695)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
She's loaded up & polished ready for the trip to Florida, snow permitting, so Mike you're not even needed for car cleaning
SNOW PERMITTING? I can get that here!

Old 20 Feb 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3207733)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its as far away from new York as Scotland is from the south of Spain so there won't be any snow in Sebring