Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 5 May 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3246027)   #1
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christian Devereux

Official Donington Park Racing

Donington Historic Festival Statement: It is with great regret that the directors of Donington Park Racing Limited, operators of Donington Park Circuit, have to report that, following an accident in a race for historic touring cars held as part of the race meeting taking place on Sunday 5th May, the driver of car number 67 (a 1965 Mini Cooper S), Christian Devereux of Chiswick, London succumbed to... the injuries sustained at approximately 16.30 hours.

The organising race club, HSCC and Donington Park Racing Limited, together with the circuit’s medical and emergency services, will now be co-operating with both the Leicestershire Police and motorsport’s Governing Body, the Motor Sports Association, in order to determine the cause of this tragic accident.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:36.
Old 5 May 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3246028)   #2
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was there.. not at the scene though... thoughts go to the family and friends of mr deveraux...

ian.. donington marshal.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:37.
Old 5 May 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3246029)   #3
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bare, but born and bred in Birmingham
HornetV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's terrible news, thoughts are with Mr Deveraux's family and friends

Old 5 May 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3246030)   #4
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very, very sad.

Condolences to family and friends.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 5 May 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3246031)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh my goodness, it's just the worst possible news. Sincerest condolences.

Old 5 May 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3246032)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm completely gutted. Met Christian a few times and got along with him really well. Last time was at Barcelona just weeks ago, and was looking forward to seeing him again at Pau next w/end where he was to race the Mini.

Really really hard to take in. Thoughts are with The Deveraux family, the Beightons also involved, plus the marshals and emergency services who had to deal with the incident.

A really sad day.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3246033)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got back home from Donington and have read the news I feared.

My condolences to his family and friends and thank you to the marshals, rescue and medical staff who attended the scene.

Old 5 May 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3246034)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Devastating news ,Christian was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet,sincerest condolences to his family.

A very sad outcome. RIP Christian.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:38.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3246035)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very sad end to a great weekend. Thoughts are with those involved.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3246036)   #10
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What terrible news. My thoughts are with all those involved.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3246037)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
RiP Christian very sad news.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3246038)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Terribly sad news and an awful end to what had been a lovely event. Deepest thoughts to family, friends and those at the scene this afternoon.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3246039)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad news, my thoughts are with Christian's friends, family and all those marshals, rescue crews, medics and officals etc. involved RIP
Old 5 May 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3246040)   #14
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news, My thoughts are with all involved.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 5 May 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3246041)   #15
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was in the race and saw the aftermath. What a tragic and horrific end to a great weekend racing. Christian was a great guy. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Just awful. RIP.
Old 5 May 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3246042)   #16
f1madmatt
Racer

England
Leicester
f1madmatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just heard about this. Really sad news.
Old 5 May 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3246043)   #17
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I am absolutely numb struck by this news....my thoughts are with his family and his friends....... he was one of the good guys and a tenther as well and I just cannot believe this news and dont really want to believe it

RIP Christian
Old 5 May 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3246044)   #18
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
RIP Christian, aweful news and my heart goes out to all involved in the incident.
Old 5 May 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3246045)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A really good bloke.

It's awful news
Old 6 May 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3246046)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sad to read this news. My thoughts go to Christian's family and friends Nd of course the marshals and officials who dealt with the event.

RIP Christian.
Old 6 May 2013, 03:58 (Ref:3246047)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrible news. My thoughts are with all involved and anyone that knew him.
Old 6 May 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3246048)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't know Christian, but very very bad news.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:40.
Old 6 May 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3246049)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Over 12 hrs since the first confirmation of the accident and I still feel numb. I don't think any of us knew much about Christian, from memory he only started racing in 2009, and always in Minis. He was a family man, Managing Director of Hexagon Motorcycles in London and I would guess also involved in Dale Motorsport in Battle, Sussex, who prepared his and other Minis. Always ready for a chat at circuits and enthusiastic to the core.

Pau will seem 'wrong' next weekend knowing that Christian was due to race there, but hopefully we can remember him appropriately and still get on with the racing.

Again, condolences to the Deveraux family and friends. I'm sure the thoughts and prayers of the whole historic racing world are with you.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:41.
Old 6 May 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3246050)   #24
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I shed a tear or two this morning.

RIP Christian

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:41.
Old 6 May 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3246051)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Over 12 hrs since the first confirmation of the accident and I still feel numb. I don't think any of us knew much about Christian, from memory he only started racing in 2009, and always in Minis. He was a family man, Managing Director of Hexagon Motorcycles in London and I would guess also involved in Dale Motorsport in Battle, Sussex, who prepared his and other Minis. Always ready for a chat at circuits and enthusiastic to the core.

Had my B been ready after 09,we had planned for him to do the six hour together Mike.How Christian came over to those who had spoken to him,was pretty much how he always behaved,one of the nicest racers around.