Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Jul 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2256049)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS Round 7: Road America 2008

Entry list is up on the ALMS website. No new protos, but the Bell Aston is back along with the 2nd Vici car. Vice split the Pastorelli bro's up for this one. No info on the #1 Audi drivers or the 2nd driver for the AGR car.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2256074)   #2
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But with 2 and a half weeks til the race, I'd think we could still see an LMP or 3 added.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2256077)   #3
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully at least Cytosport or Team Eco can at least show up.

The Bear mentions 3 possibilities, although I'm not sure who the third is.

Quote:
Murphy’s hoping you can add those two GT cars not at Mid-Ohio, plus he still believes it’s very possible to add three prototypes. That depends on (1) completion of “due diligence,” (2) the cost of salad oil, and (3) a big change for one team – actually entering after you say you’re going to.
Eco, Cytosport, and .....Corsa?

Last edited by The359; 22 Jul 2008 at 18:51.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2256082)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would love to see Cytosport back, and the official debut of the ECO car(s). What is Corsa doing these days???? I believe they said they were going to sit out the Lime Rock and Mid Ohio races, but didn't specifically mention missing any others.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2256127)   #5
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Bear's hints range between clear and fairly clear. 2 is obviously the ECO Radical, 3 obviously Cytosport. 1 is almost certainly referring to a Corsa Motorsports Zytek in my opinion, but your interpretation may vary.

Good to see Basseng back in the series with Vici after being removed from F-L in favour of true factory pilot Richard Westbrook, signaling that Basseng retains some sort of favoured status at Porsche.

Last edited by cmk; 22 Jul 2008 at 20:04.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2256147)   #6
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
If we could even get 1 of those 3 speculated cars for Road America, it'd it a win! That'd be 3 new entries in 3 races, which is a pattern I'm really enjoying. I kinda think it'd be nice to get another entry at Mosport and Detroit instead of all 3 at once, it'd be something extra to look forward to each race.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2256202)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Don't expect to see Corsa or Eco at Road America. I'm not sure what to make of Cytosport either... maybe one day they'll think about entering a race....
Old 22 Jul 2008, 23:32 (Ref:2256258)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I expect to see 0/3, with an outside hope at 1. Not for Mosport though - even when Cytosport was competing they did not bother to show up there. Strange little effort that.

I was only interpreting the hints, not commenting on their likelihood. If anything, however, I suspect Corsa to be the most likely by year's end. Who would have thought I'd be saying that a year ago!
Old 23 Jul 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2256274)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Other pertinent race info.....

Schedule
Entry List

Radio Le Mans
Timing and Scoring
Road America Track Map
Old 23 Jul 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2256301)   #10
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I was only interpreting the hints, not commenting on their likelihood. If anything, however, I suspect Corsa to be the most likely by year's end. Who would have thought I'd be saying that a year ago!
VDS at least showed up for that one, hopefully they will again this year.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2256648)   #11
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Don't expect to see Corsa or Eco at Road America. I'm not sure what to make of Cytosport either... maybe one day they'll think about entering a race....
Oh, I'm sure they're thought about entering...
Old 24 Jul 2008, 06:14 (Ref:2256970)   #12
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Looks like Eco now plans to have their debut at the Silverstone LMS race and then run the final 2 ALMS races.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2257237)   #13
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
VDS at least showed up for that one, hopefully they will again this year.
That one meaning Mosport? It would be nice, but they ran a lot more on the whole last year, so I'm not holding my breath. They also pranged the car pretty bad there when the suspension failed on Pecorari going into T1, so bad memories may discourage them!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2259471)   #14
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcel Fässler will replace Dindo Capello at Audi, in the next two rounds of the ALMS. first run will be at Road America..
Old 29 Jul 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2259648)   #15
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The second Audi to be driven by Fassler and Pirro. Great move to get Fassler into the Audi.

DK
Old 29 Jul 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2259661)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Didnt see that one coming ..... good choice .
Old 29 Jul 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2259751)   #17
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Apparently Cytosport did not purchase the ex-Charouz Lola and they won't be running at all in 2008. Here's hoping they aren't just throwing in the towel all together and are looking to put something together for 2009.

So hopefully we get Eco and/or one of the rumored Zyteks since Cytosport isn't happening.

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 29 Jul 2008 at 17:41.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2259788)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Apparently Cytosport did not purchase the ex-Charouz Lola and they won't be running at all in 2008. Here's hoping they aren't just throwing in the towel all together and are looking to put something together for 2009.

So hopefully we get Eco and/or one of the rumored Zyteks since Cytosport isn't happening.
It is true that Cytosport does not at this moment have/own the Charouz Lola. But as to not running at all in 08, that is not. Things are still being evaluated/looked at and the doors have not been closed on anything. But that is also not a guarantee that they will race in 08.

L.P.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2259825)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
It is true that Cytosport does not at this moment have/own the Charouz Lola. But as to not running at all in 08, that is not. Things are still being evaluated/looked at and the doors have not been closed on anything. But that is also not a guarantee that they will race in 08.

L.P.
If it isn't the Charouz Lola, what other used pieces of equipment are available for sale, and at least as competitive? Ordering a new piece at this point, that isn't already ordered, is likely to completely remove them from competiting further in this calendar year.

Either they are looking at an already completed car, or they won't be back until next year.. "if".
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2259834)   #20
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The fact that they'd sell their B06/10 to Intersport without already having the Charouz B07/17 just seems to indicate to me that they have no plans for 2008.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2259845)   #21
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
If it isn't the Charouz Lola, what other used pieces of equipment are available for sale, and at least as competitive? Ordering a new piece at this point, that isn't already ordered, is likely to completely remove them from competiting further in this calendar year.

Either they are looking at an already completed car, or they won't be back until next year.. "if".

Hmm,...

I would agree that for them to appear on the grid at all this year it will have to be in a car that is already complete.

L.P.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2259873)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I am dissapointed by this news ..... there was some decent drivers involved with Graff & Gidley and a well sorted car too .
Old 29 Jul 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2259888)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I am dissapointed by this news ..... there was some decent drivers involved with Graff & Gidley and a well sorted car too .
Yes, me too.

L.P.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2259956)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Cytosport is the equivalent of vapourware in the P1 world.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2259970)   #25
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least they did make some races.