Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Feb 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3797484)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
this may be a bit on the nose then but the Chili Bowl Nationals!
Chilli Bowl, Knoxville Nats, Springfield Mile AMA Championships, before they closed, modifieds at the NY State Fairgrounds, Snowball Derby, etc. Lots of super neat races that need more coverage out there.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3798199)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok IMHO
Le Mans 24
IOM TT (whole week)
Spa WEC 6 hour
Silverstome GP
Bathhurst
Daytona imsa
BTCC Brands hatch Int circuit

top 7 only
Old 3 Feb 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3798216)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans obviously

Bathurst 1000

Spa 24 hours. Sebring.

Bol Dor.

Weston beach race

IOMTT

Ulster GP

NW200

Nurburgring 24H
Old 3 Feb 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3798224)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Indy 500. I've been totally out of breath watching some of those 500s.

LeMans 24 hour isn't far behind. But it's joy is also it's curse in that I dislike being tired watching racing.

Nurburgring 24 -- with its plenitude of machinery and German characters with handlebar moustaches.

Spa and Montreal F1 will be my honourable mentions.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3798255)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

Nurburgring 24 -- with its plenitude of machinery and German characters with handlebar moustaches.
for my tire life, my father has had a handlebar mustache and I have always felt they are too few and far between, and very underrated!
Old 4 Feb 2018, 04:07 (Ref:3798289)   #31
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Top 5 No Particular Order and in my opinion

Le Mans
Indy 500
Daytona 500
Monaco GP
Bathurst 1000

Honorable mentions
Nurburgring 24
Daytona 24
Dakar
Spa 24
Sebring
Old 4 Feb 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3798403)   #32
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
12 Hours of Sebring: easier watch than a 24 hour race, and maybe even tougher test of endurance of cars.
Petit Le Mans: personal bias, as this is my home race and this and Sebring are the two I have been to many times. However, easier to watch than a 24, and if Le Mans is in your list, then its brother should be too, imo. Great track, picturesque scenery, and is still growing its legend as it's a relatively young race.
24 Hours of Le Mans: speaks for itself.

F1 is more of a travelling "event". No one race is big like these 3, but the totality of the series has the history and gravitas.

Indy 500 just doesn't cut it for me, as it is still just an oval. Don't get me wrong, I watch it every year, but never have the excitement for that week as I do those other 3.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3798673)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In late '80s it was a book saga about the Greatest Races in the World.
The Good Doctor, Mike Lawrence, wrote the book about the Mille Miglia on that series.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3798696)   #34
Simmo Writer
Rookie

Simmo Writer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Results.....

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you all for your comments. Across all social media, private forums and groups I received thousands of votes and just wanted to share that with you here:

Again thank you so much, really good stuff.

http://inthegraveltrap.blogspot.co.u...-in-world.html
Old 6 Feb 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3799062)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bathurst 24? Or 12? Not sure the 24 is still going, but the 12 is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
24Hour is no longer but the 12 hour is (and it is on this weekend)
Sorry of course I mean 12h. A 24h return is wishful thinking.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3799389)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo Writer View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to thank you all for your comments. Across all social media, private forums and groups I received thousands of votes and just wanted to share that with you here:

Again thank you so much, really good stuff.

http://inthegraveltrap.blogspot.co.u...-in-world.html
Oh well, only one error there....... I'm (obviously) with you Simmo....
Old 8 Feb 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3799707)   #37
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
F1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mille Miglia was certainly a big event in its pomp.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3801511)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nice work simmo

Interesting to combine 2 and 4 wheels...

As i'm only really into car racing then my top races are this but not necessarily in that order!

1 Bathurst 1000
2 Le Mans 24
3 Spa 24
4 Spa F1
5 Indy 500
6 Monaco F1
7 What was the Silverstone TT
8 Italian GP F1
9 Daytona 500
10 Daytona 24
11 Macau GP
Old 16 Feb 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3801769)   #39
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nice work simmo

Interesting to combine 2 and 4 wheels...

As i'm only really into car racing then my top races are this but not necessarily in that order!

1 Bathurst 1000
2 Le Mans 24
3 Spa 24
4 Spa F1
5 Indy 500
6 Monaco F1
7 What was the Silverstone TT
8 Italian GP F1
9 Daytona 500
10 Daytona 24
11 Macau GP
Do yourself a favour, watch some MotoGP/2/3 this year, you will not be disappointed.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3801954)   #40
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
But 99% of all this is just deciding what you watch on telly isn't it? I'd rather watch my local hillclimb or autograss live than sit on my sofa watching a 2d image with a director deciding what I watch and a commentator telling me what I've seen .
Old 17 Feb 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3801955)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it is a little more than that and does allow for the people there and the experience of it. Probably no one has done all of them, but have experience some, maybe several tomes, know of experienced of others and it will be an impression of what they want to do if possible...

Of course, it’s a good point, much fun can be had at a local track and hill climb, but not for many!
Old 17 Feb 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3802016)   #42
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plenty of people mix a love of motorsport with a love of travel.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3802449)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
But 99% of all this is just deciding what you watch on telly isn't it? I'd rather watch my local hillclimb or autograss live than sit on my sofa watching a 2d image with a director deciding what I watch and a commentator telling me what I've seen .
To a degree perhaps. But at least I've been going to my #1 choice for the last 32 years......
Old 1 Mar 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3804941)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 24h
Indy 500