Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Jan 2003, 17:45 (Ref:478319)   #1
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport TV show

Having checked out the TV schedule this, did anyone else notice theres a half hour programme about the Autosport show on tuesday night at 12.30am on Channel 4. Didnt really see any cameras there though.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 21:21 (Ref:478446)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They normally do a show each year of the shows main happenings on tv....but often they show it on a sunday afternoon or something......might have to set the video for that one .
Old 21 Jan 2003, 22:31 (Ref:481734)   #3
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey, i just found out about this
Old 22 Jan 2003, 19:53 (Ref:482738)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Having watched it, all I can say is that if that was the best of the show, I'm glad I didn't go!
Old 22 Jan 2003, 20:16 (Ref:482781)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
saw that, it was a bit pants really, and any attempts to make it appear otherwise on telly failed. shame.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 21:24 (Ref:482833)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Missed, blast, someone at work watched it and said it was pants.......
Old 22 Jan 2003, 21:44 (Ref:482849)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was - a lot of pointless interviews that could be shown in the coverage for their respective sports, some throwaway "funny" lines like "I'm exhausted" by an exhaust stand (Gosh, so funny.), and some brief clips of vaguely interesting cars. Pants indeed.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 23:17 (Ref:482948)   #8
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
yeah it really didnt do the show justice. they focused(haha) too much on the odd star that was there. and didnt show many stands or give the impression of how big the event was (even tho some ppl say it wasn't as big as before)

They said 80,000 people went over the weekend, which didnt sound a lot compared to the motorshow.

Anyway, i thought the actual show was pretty good.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 11:20 (Ref:483322)   #9
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the sounds of it, my dodgy video recorder saved me then. Bloody thing, you would have thought i could work out the 24 hour clock!!
Old 23 Jan 2003, 19:01 (Ref:483762)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why was it half of the program was taken up with telling us what is coming up?

A bit pointless.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 21:08 (Ref:483845)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Why was it half of the program was taken up with telling us what is coming up?
That's the way TV is now - saves the need for too much content......anf of course, every 'story' has to be broken down into several segmewnts to satisfy the viewer with the attention span of a goldfish.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 23:56 (Ref:484028)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
anf...segmewnts
Oops! My excuse is that I'd just been doing a lot of Compuserve forum stuff using OzWin, which has the luxury of a spill chucker!
Old 24 Jan 2003, 00:02 (Ref:484038)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it me or are these shows getting amazingly dull? the motorshow was insanely dull and as usual I got lost.
Old 25 Jan 2003, 23:19 (Ref:485936)   #14
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
dunno, lots of cars., seemed ok to me