Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3725452)   #1176
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
So many famous from Audiard. So many still up to date like "Les cons ça ose tout c'est même Ã* ça qu'on les reconnaît!" Put that in the mouth of actors like Lino Ventura, Bernard Blier or Françis Blanche and you have an all time collector. Bauble is a Tonton flingueur!

Many thanks, merci. I am sure that is a compliment,

Uncle Bob.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3725456)   #1177
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Oui, Oncle Robert, no doubt about this you can make sure its a true compliment. Well deserved.
I'm still looking for a correct translation of another famous Audiard's sentence meaning something like: "If one day the jerks are sent into orbit, you gonna turn for a long while…" We have a lot of astronauts on the continent! Want some??
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3725460)   #1178
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Oui, Oncle Robert, no doubt about this you can make sure its a true compliment. Well deserved.
I'm still looking for a correct translation of another famous Audiard's sentence meaning something like: "If one day the jerks are sent into orbit, you gonna turn for a long while…" We have a lot of astronauts on the continent! Want some??
Perhaps; If the idiots are sent into space your turn will be a long way off.
Not sure it is a true compliment, although possibly well intentioned. One thing for sure Viva would be right at the head of the queue
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3725464)   #1179
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
One thing for sure Viva would be right at the head of the queue
Shoerly…*
Old 11 Apr 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3725478)   #1180
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps; If the idiots are sent into space your turn will be a long way off.
Not sure it is a true compliment, although possibly well intentioned. One thing for sure Viva would be right at the head of the queue
You are quite right Baub, I would be there, but purely in my administration capacity to ensure that the most deserving/relevant applicants are there. (No names, no pack drill, I know the score, but it will be nice to meet you face to face eventually...)

Last edited by VIVA GT; 11 Apr 2017 at 10:38.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3725509)   #1181
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You are quite right Baub, I would be there, but purely in my administration capacity to ensure that the most deserving/relevant applicants are there. (No names, no pack drill, I know the score, but it will be nice to meet you face to face eventually...)

Be careful what you wish for!!
Old 11 Apr 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3725533)   #1182
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Old 11 Apr 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3725549)   #1183
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's OK John, I'm not frightened of an ex-cyclist...
Old 11 Apr 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3725550)   #1184
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's OK John, I'm not frightened of an ex-cyclist...
They are the most dangerous & aggressive people on the roads these days. Saw something the other day about one throwing his bike through a car windscreen.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3725692)   #1185
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
What's the law on using drones in public places? I thought they were severely restricted, but at Jarama race circuit recently not only was one being used for photography, it was the organisers employing it!

Weird standing on the grid while the cars formed up after green flag lap to see this machine flying along above the cars as they moved into position! Have to say that it's manoeuvrability was very impressive, and pilot obviously not an amateur......
Old 12 Apr 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3725697)   #1186
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, do remember:
Rule #1: Peter Auto do what they want, when they want, where they want.
Rule #2: The rule # 1 is enough.

The use of drones is strictly restricted in public spaces. When you rent a track and all its facilities, it becomes a private area. Because your team must read the rules edited by PA when filling the entry form, I guess you had a look to the "on board images" article

You're right, those are not toys anymore, a famous Chinese brand is more than appreciated in war zones now. Cheaper in price and human losses than a chopper.
In France, we had several regulations. The use is strictly documented by our DGAC specially in public areas and if your drone is fitted with a camera. When I play with mine I always carry my plane licence. It helps to calm down the police.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3725712)   #1187
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, it largely depends what country you're in as to the regulations on drones. In this country the CAA provide guidance / rules. But it varies considerably across the world - some countries ban them altogether - even Sweden won't allow cameras on drones. In others you can't even get them in through your baggage in airport customs etc.

Some circuits and organisers have their own rules but difficult to police if someone flies it from outside the circuit limits.

This might help:

http://www.droneguideuk.com/dronegui...dronelaws.html

Last edited by gary396; 12 Apr 2017 at 07:32. Reason: Missing link
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3725803)   #1188
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks both. From the link, sounds like definitely a no-no in the UK....

I didn't see the drone above the track during races, only on the formation lap, so some common sense being applied! I'm sure they are used in the WRC now to film cars on stages, but from footage I've watched they usually fly to one side of the track or road car is on. Hopefully.....

The main pit straight at Jarama has the busy Madrid motorway a matter of metres behind and running parallel, so hardly the safest place for an unmanned aircraft, especially if poorly piloted!
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3725808)   #1189
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks both. From the link, sounds like definitely a no-no in the UK....

I didn't see the drone above the track during races, only on the formation lap, so some common sense being applied! I'm sure they are used in the WRC now to film cars on stages, but from footage I've watched they usually fly to one side of the track or road car is on. Hopefully.....

The main pit straight at Jarama has the busy Madrid motorway a matter of metres behind and running parallel, so hardly the safest place for an unmanned aircraft, especially if poorly piloted!
Maybe it was making an urgent delivery from Amazon or wherever?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3725812)   #1190
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Maybe it was making an urgent delivery from Amazon or wherever?
You mean a brand new pair of castagnettes or tong shoes for someone here…
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3725819)   #1191
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have a drone flying over the track at Super One kart events as they film all the races for TV.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3725820)   #1192
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As often the case, the appreciation of those fantastic machines depends of the kind of use. We have several small companies offering service to farmers. A drone is sent and brings back a full detailed study of each field plot. Very useful to know where to apply some fertilizer, money is spared and ecologically correct. Win-win flight.
In our south (a very particular area, ya see) they are used to spot people "forgetting" to declare they have a swimming pool in their garden. In this case, they are registered as water suppliers in case of forest fire first then as cheating with their tax declaration. Win-win-lost flight! It helps to detect people who dig a well and get water for free… before being sent a fine! A kind of profitable airlines company !
Old 12 Apr 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3725905)   #1193
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of fantastic machines, I see Tornado has achieved 100mph today during tests..... http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/20...ast-main-line/

Can't wait for the loco to be in service and travelling at 100mph regularly. Perhaps greater angular can replace their old inter-(s)citty electrics with Peppercorn class steam and improve reliability!
Old 12 Apr 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3725918)   #1194
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Homologation will be a piece of cake for sure! They can serve boiled half potatoes to the scrutineering team! I'd rather the Clarkson version!
Old 12 Apr 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3725920)   #1195
bauble
Veteran

England
Electric bicycles, drones, steam trains!

Have I wandered into some parallel universe?

Now, where did I put my roller skates.

Sacre Bleu. Incroyable!
Old 12 Apr 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3725930)   #1196
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Electric bicycles, drones, steam trains!

Have I wandered into some parallel universe?
No, you've wandered into a normal universe.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3725944)   #1197
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's your fault Bauble. You demand we talk about anything other than cars on this thread.

Old 12 Apr 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3725957)   #1198
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's your fault Bauble. You demand we talk about anything other than cars on this thread.

Oh! So it's all my fault as usual. All I ever wanted from life and the Tea Break was a chance to relax, and enjoy a little time far from the cares and worries of this world, sharing a few light hearted moments with friends, and like minded individuals.
What do I get? Discussions on all sorts of things that add a helping of misery to my humble existence, forcing me to concern myself with the problems of daily life. I now feel guilty because I don't have an electric bicycle. I fear the sight of a drone spying on me as I go karting, terrified that my next train journey might be in some replica dinosaur.

Midge; I hope you feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for adding to my distress, as I toss and turn through the night. (No salacious interpretation, please Viva).

Salut.

Bauble.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3725969)   #1199
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh! So it's all my fault as usual. All I ever wanted from life and the Tea Break was a chance to relax, and enjoy a little time far from the cares and worries of this world, sharing a few light hearted moments with friends, and like minded individuals.
What do I get? Discussions on all sorts of things that add a helping of misery to my humble existence, forcing me to concern myself with the problems of daily life. I now feel guilty because I don't have an electric bicycle. I fear the sight of a drone spying on me as I go karting, terrified that my next train journey might be in some replica dinosaur.

Midge; I hope you feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for adding to my distress, as I toss and turn through the night. (No salacious interpretation, please Viva).

Salut.

Bauble.
Quelle malheureuse!
Old 12 Apr 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3725973)   #1200
midgetman
Veteran

========Midge; I hope you feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for adding to my distress, as I toss and turn through the night.==========

Nope.