Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Aug 2001, 03:08 (Ref:126918)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
80's F1 game

Wonder why there isn't any F1 games from the 70s and 80s. I think they should have one based on about 1977, at the start of the turbo era, one in about 82 or 1983, and then another based on 1986, at the height of turbo power. That would be wonderful, and could be made by the same people who made GPL, and with a multiplayer internet linkup, imagine races over the net with 1500 horse power cars around monaco.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 03:41 (Ref:126926)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there really any need? We can modify GP2 or GP3 to any year/series we wish!
Old 7 Aug 2001, 08:44 (Ref:127002)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
exactly DNQ ...I have all the add ons for GP2 and its awesome..all the tracks and all the drivers are available as well..i am currently playing the 1989 season driving for the underfunded Coloni team...I like seeing if i can get these slow cars onto the grid.. all the add ons are great and i will probably never buy another F1 game ..except maybe GP 4 when it comes out in a few years hopefully.

go for the add ons and you wont be dissapointed in the results.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 11:44 (Ref:127073)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except I can never get the add-ons to work...
Old 8 Aug 2001, 07:02 (Ref:127442)   #5
Jozo
Rookie

Jozo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 80's F1 game

Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Wonder why there isn't any F1 games from the 70s and 80s. I think they should have one based on about 1977, at the start of the turbo era, one in about 82 or 1983, and then another based on 1986, at the height of turbo power. That would be wonderful, and could be made by the same people who made GPL, and with a multiplayer internet linkup, imagine races over the net with 1500 horse power cars around monaco.
It's a great idea which has been suggested several times at various GPL sites. Unfortunately, money counts and there doesn't seem to be enough interest in 'historic F1' to justify development of such a product. Apparently GPL sold very poorly even though it's an absolutely amazing racing-sim, miles ahead of GP2/3. There's no doubt Papyrus would be able to do it (brilliantly), but a market of a few thousand enthusiasts just isn't enough to justify it. Therefore, I think it's more likely we'll see NASCAR 5 than GPL2. Sadly...
Old 8 Aug 2001, 14:19 (Ref:127595)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL2: the Turbo years... Ohhh, I'd wet myself!!!

Actually the Ferrari on GPL does that to me anyway!!!

Ohhhhh, up Beau Rivage........

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRPPP!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! Brake. Attempt to brake again. Brake?? BRAKE!!!! Die. In a fireball. Uugh.
Old 12 Aug 2001, 17:56 (Ref:129290)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 12 Aug 2001, 18:36 (Ref:129293)   #8
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watch out for a game called WSC (World Sport Cars) which will be released soon. Check this for more info. It's built by Chris West (on his pc, duh ) and it's bound to fulfill all you ever wished for in a racing sim. The initial setting is Sports Cars, but the sim engine is ready for editting with whatever seriesformat (cars, tracks .. everything) you desire. Compared to the GPL engine it's much improved and much more parameters are added so everything is possible, from truckracing, through rallying to '80's F1 so to speak. A friend of mine is betatesting it and it seems to be really really awesome.

Last edited by Dino IV; 12 Aug 2001 at 18:43.
Old 12 Aug 2001, 18:37 (Ref:129294)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
exactly DNQ ...I have all the add ons for GP2 and its awesome..all the tracks and all the drivers are available as well..i am currently playing the 1989 season driving for the underfunded Coloni team...I like seeing if i can get these slow cars onto the grid.. all the add ons are great and i will probably never buy another F1 game ..except maybe GP 4 when it comes out in a few years hopefully.

go for the add ons and you wont be dissapointed in the results.
Marcus, I got the carsets for the 60's, 70's and 80's... but how did you managed to get the tracks... I looked in many sites and never found any pack providing this.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 02:18 (Ref:129469)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try

www.grandprix2.com

or

www.f1racingonline.com
Old 13 Aug 2001, 03:53 (Ref:129482)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks for the seond one racer69 ..I didnt have that site.

there are heaps of sites around for these add ons...now I only have GP2 but im not sure about GP3.
but try the ones racer has mentioned and you can also try www.alphaf1.com they are pretty good..just download the zip file and follow the read me file and you should have no problem ...you will also need the NOCDROM patch to get the tracks to work ...after that you dont need your CD anymore.

hope this helps
Old 13 Aug 2001, 10:47 (Ref:129575)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do you get the new carsets into the game. do you need a program or anything? Also is there a game based on the Group C series or a Le Mans game without the chicanes?
Old 13 Aug 2001, 15:22 (Ref:129702)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Paul what you need is a program called GP edit created by a guy called steven young...a genious

its simple to use and you can load all the cars to the game through this simple program.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 17:34 (Ref:129754)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

racer69 and Marcus, I have already tried these sites, but no help...

Most of the tracks on Grandprix2.com are broken links...

AlphaF1.com is the best I found, but there are no packs of the tracks of the past...
Old 14 Aug 2001, 02:12 (Ref:130042)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ok ..broken links are a pain thats for sure.

are you sure you looked hard enough on alpha F1 bononi???

at the top of the home page go to grand prix 2 (this link works )
then click on downloads and then scroll down and find on track and there you have listed real life tracks and track packs and a few others.
Ive never useda track pack so i dont know if they work but i can tell you that the single tracks do work.
I think thats easy to understand.
Old 14 Aug 2001, 11:56 (Ref:130262)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yep Marcus. I did it. The broken links are only in the GrandPrix2.com, those on AlphaF1 are fine... and all the tracks avaiable there I've already downloaded.

What I need, if possible, was a track pack for each season, specially from 70-80, it would be more easy to manage it into GP2 !

Otherwise, we would have to research in historic sites like FORIX to gather the tracks for each season... and then try to find the track design for that year. Not an easy task.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 02:50 (Ref:130602)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
glad you found it Bononi

as i said i have never used a track pack and have downloaded single tracks only..I have single tracks everywhere ...but amazingly i seem to be able to organize it very well..I just find it easier that way so i can chop and change betwwen tracks anytime I want.

in the single tracks section they do have different track layouts for whatever year ..for example they have at least 4 or 5 different Silverstone layouts which i have all of them for whatever season i want to play.

Happy GP2ing

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 15 Aug 2001, 12:00 (Ref:130718)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

How did you got information for the tracks each season ?
Old 16 Aug 2001, 02:08 (Ref:131072)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I have a book giving detailed info about every grand prix from 1950 to present day ...kind of my bible really..it cost me $100 and is jammed packed with info ..its called the Grand Prix data book..an invaluable reference guide really.

check it if you see it
Old 16 Aug 2001, 11:10 (Ref:131200)   #20
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you need info about circuits and other stuff about any F1 Grand Prix you can visit http://www.forix.com, a complete site with all the results, grids, entry lists and other stats.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 12:32 (Ref:131237)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
If you need info about circuits and other stuff about any F1 Grand Prix you can visit http://www.forix.com, a complete site with all the results, grids, entry lists and other stats.
Yes, that's one of my faves.
Old 25 Aug 2001, 09:04 (Ref:135626)   #22
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was an F1 game from the early 80s called Ferrari I think. It was a cross between a manager/driving game and you'd do everything including testing the car. I've never seen it, only heard about it.
Old 25 Aug 2001, 11:00 (Ref:135670)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I just remember "Pole position", I used to love that one...
Old 28 Nov 2003, 12:12 (Ref:796992)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just completed the 2000 season in GP2, and followed Marcus' directions above, but i cannot find a car set for 2001-2003.

Little help please?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 13:14 (Ref:797061)   #25
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ok Dave they are available , but I will have to hunt the site down again.

give me a day or two.

on a sad note im now running windows XP which doesnt have a Dos mode and therefore at present I cant play GP2, but I can run windows 98 as a partition which im trying to work out but saldy ive lost my product key for 98

oh well maybe I can snaffle it from somewhere