Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3805718)   #2176
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
My rotating smiley is indeed a bit too cheerfull.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3805721)   #2177
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Spot the error in picture DSC_0316
I'm not sure if I get the error?
I know that the car in the picture DSC_0317 is the Dome BMW V12 LM, but couldn't it be that the BMW V12 LM #2 Chassis is the one used for the Dome modification?
I don't know the chassis history of the BMW V12 LM's so please correct me if wrong.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3805723)   #2178
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Not about the car. The drivers.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3805724)   #2179
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Not about the car. The drivers.
I still don't spot the error?
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...998-06-07.html
Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3805725)   #2180
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Look better
Old 4 Mar 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3805726)   #2181
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Ok, don't know why I could not spot that before!
Better get my eyes checked...
Old 4 Mar 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3805741)   #2182
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joachim, not Manfred.......
Old 12 Mar 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3807475)   #2183
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just read that Siegfried Rauch, the German actor who played Ferrari driver Erich Stahler, the rival of Steve McQueen's Michael Delaney in the movie Le Mans has passed away at the age of 85.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 09:09 (Ref:3811703)   #2184
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wrote this already in the main forum but the 'working area' in the pitlane will be extended by half a meter
https://www.fia.com/file/66823/download?token=MVxB8__3

Oh and RIP to Rauch, hadn't noticed that before. Didn't realize he had still been alive, great performance in the 71 film
Old 1 Apr 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3812203)   #2185
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Sarthe-Info, the ACO and the FIA has very recently decided that the only colours allowed on the liveries of the cars will be : white, black, grey and red.
Any other color will not be tolerated.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3812207)   #2186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poor Jan Lammers.........
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3812217)   #2187
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to Sarthe-Info, the ACO and the FIA has very recently decided that the only colours allowed on the liveries of the cars will be : white, black, grey and red.
Any other color will not be tolerated.
Heard that the colour red convinced the ACO on this regulation change to limit the number of colours allowed and is the fastest out of all the colours.

Won't be surprised if all the teams use red and in the off-season there is a balance of paints to speed up the other colours.

Also, Alpine will be different and race in the colour rouge which, despite it looking identical to the colour red, they want everyone to call rouge
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3812218)   #2188
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey, from what I'm hearing, there will be no Tracy Krohn this year, all funding having apparently beeen withdrawn over this.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3812227)   #2189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Corvette put in official complaint
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3812255)   #2190
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Corvette put in official complaint
I'm not sure, Simon !
Old 1 Apr 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3812346)   #2191
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have a white, black and red coat which I shall wear over a grey t-shirt. I hear tell that anyone daring to wear green, orange or yellow to the circuit during the race week will have their credentials shredded......
Old 2 Apr 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3812473)   #2192
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I've been known to wear yellow or orange on occasion. Must be some sort of "cultural" thingy in my country of origin
Old 2 Apr 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3812509)   #2193
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If only it was true, but suspect the idea was less to do with offending the dutch and more to make people laugh.

Last edited by GT6; 2 Apr 2018 at 16:15.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3812622)   #2194
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I return to a previous question to which I'm not sure I got an official answer.

I bought a Pitwalk ticket for this year to see what it facilitates in the end. However, I was only given a voucher in the mail to exchange at the track. Does anyone know where the ticket office is located so that I may do that? I know it used to be at the Rotonde but I'm not sure it's there any longer.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3812627)   #2195
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
It has indeed moved. It's now somewhere on the yellow(brick ) road leading Southsouthwest from parking rotonde on this map. It is pretty well signed, but a bit of walk on foot from Houx.

http://bmfiles.beermountain.com/mapr...lan2012big.jpg
Old 3 Apr 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3812630)   #2196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i thought you could get the tickets from the shop attached to the museum. Not certain of this but some people were collecting tickets there on the tuesday when we arrived 2 years ago
Old 3 Apr 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3812639)   #2197
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
ACO being customerfriendly here?
Old 3 Apr 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3812651)   #2198
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
perhaps new staff being helpful before they go on the staff training course

Only joking i actually usually find them all very helpful.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3812662)   #2199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It will almost certainly be at the Actisud, assuming that the ACO haven't moved ticket collection back to the Rotunde now that Porsche have run away. The Actisud is off the dual carriageway that runs along the other side of the airport.

Vincent is right (I think) about the road. If you follow that back past the airport... This is what I wrote in my story in 2015 -

For many years the ACO's base for ticket collection has been the 'Rotunde', about a 15 minute walk from the main entrance near the Centre des Expositions. This year however, as I understood it, the Rotunde had been taken over by Porsche (in much the same way as Audi have been gradually annexing more and more of the area's 'real estate' at and around the circuit. So the ticket collection (and media registration) facility had this year moved to the 'Actisud', a large building on the other side of the dual carriageway running alongside the airport, off of the Voie de la Liberté. It didn't take us long to find it and we spent a very pleasant half an hour enjoying the air-conditioned interior (!) while Tony collected his tickets.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3813519)   #2200
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Investment for this year - a pair of noise-cancelling radio earphones. Buying them for Indianapolis first, but they'll come in handy at LM too while on the main straight, especially with 10 ear-piercing 911s running around.