Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 May 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3071593)   #251
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Funny enough I have seen those Starions do that so many times when the turbo kicks in. I used to regularly race against a guy with one and we were very evenly matched and I knew if I stuck up his exhaust for a few laps he would eventually just put the power in a second too soon and be off. I wish I had made this event now but never mind.
Old 9 May 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3071596)   #252
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Funny enough I have seen those Starions do that so many times when the turbo kicks in. I used to regularly race against a guy with one and we were very evenly matched and I knew if I stuck up his exhaust for a few laps he would eventually just put the power in a second too soon and be off. I wish I had made this event now but never mind.
We missed ya but hey....if all goes well you can make (and even enter) the Mini Enduro we are planning at Brands GP in September!!
Old 9 May 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3071602)   #253
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
John,

Rae Davis retired with a head gasket failure. Hardly surprising considering the caning he gave the engine. It was a good dice though. He was testing on the Friday and I passed him on the way into the esses (hate the phrase "into nelson") and as I pulled over to take the racing line, I looked in my mirrors, only only to see a big pair of red lips and blue eyes looking at me. Most unnerving!
Thanks, Peter; he was certainly trying. Don't think that frontal treatment, whilst amusing, does the car favours, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
It helps keep the pressure on John to perform with his box brownie
Very close to the truth. I was using my Pit and Paddock camera for all shots (see below) but I'm always happy to defer to proper photographers anyway, so I feel no presure, Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
John (et al), results should be sorted now. I understand that there were some internet connection / updating issues on the day which may have caused the problem?

http://www.tsl-timing.com/special/2012/1218916hr.pdf
Many thanks, Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
You may not be far wrong as we nicked one of his camera bodies saying that it was going to be repaired, but I've already flogged it and flown out to the "Costa Crime" with the proceeds
Gordon it was great to meet you, at last, and the very lovely Sue, and thanks for introducing me to your friendly camera expert and arranging for it to be repaired/cleaned. Might actually be back to using it properly again, soon.

In the meantime, I will post a few shots of Race 2 taken with 'Box Brownie', hopefully later today!
Old 9 May 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3071611)   #254
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Mike, I hope you know that I'm liable to get excluded the next time I go to post as my jacket absolutely reeks of booze!
So does mine!!

Right, some help needed, this was on the table in our Monday night B&B, what the heck is it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120507_001.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	36917
Old 9 May 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3071616)   #255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
So does mine!!

Right, some help needed, this was on the table in our Monday night B&B, what the heck is it?

Attachment 36917
Terri & Grant! Apologies if your orange attire smells of champagne. So does my Snetterton baseball cap, thanks to Mr Ryan!

The thing in your pic is a BIRD. Sometimes see them up in the air around here......

Getting a bit more serious, looks like one of the types of seashore inhabitants you will see on our coast running up and down on the shoreline looking for little creatures disturbed by the waves. Sandpiper? Possibly.
Old 9 May 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3071617)   #256
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The thing in your pic is a BIRD. Sometimes see them up in the air around here......
I'd got that far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sandpiper? Possibly.
Cheers! I was refering to it as the Duck!
Old 9 May 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3071623)   #257
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So does mine!!

Attachment 36917
Breakfast!

Got the Max's Eye View of the 360 on www.midgetmax.com at last, plus one picture.
Old 9 May 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3071626)   #258
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was refering to it as the Duck!
Glad I read the rest of that. I was about to say that's no way to talk about Gordon's flying Anglia!
Old 9 May 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3071632)   #259
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to know what that bird is, I saw a few on the river bank in Shoreham a few weeks ago and had not seen them before.
Old 9 May 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3071636)   #260
The Veteran
Rookie

The Veteran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Caterham driver writes

Great weekend, 1st time any of us had done an enduro as may have been judged by our Keystone Cops pit stops... Thanks for the kind comments and we hope to be back at Brands
Old 9 May 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3071643)   #261
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum The Veteran.
Old 9 May 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3071649)   #262
europa
Rookie

europa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd like to know what that bird is, I saw a few on the river bank in Shoreham a few weeks ago and had not seen them before.
It's an Oyster Catcher - like a Sandpiper, but different.

Cheers,

Gwyn
Old 9 May 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3071657)   #263
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I thought I'd logged on to the RSPB website by mistake!
Old 9 May 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3071664)   #264
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ha ha! thanks Gwyn, thats what I thouht, but only seen muscles on the river down here.

John we don't want to know what sort of websites you go on when no ones looking
Old 9 May 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3071676)   #265
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ha ha! thanks Gwyn, thats what I thouht, but only seen muscles on the river down here.

John we don't want to know what sort of websites you go on when no ones looking
Jeez, I thought Delta was here

Mussels? Or blokes with bulging arms
Old 9 May 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3071678)   #266
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Delta were here it would be mooools.
Old 9 May 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3071680)   #267
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
marinised moooles and cwussants

hopefully this drivel will prompt John to finish emtying his box brownie!
Old 9 May 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3071742)   #268
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zef big congrats on your maiden win on Saturday, I was watching the infield section from behind Tyrells & you definately had a tussle on your hands with the two Jaguars snapping at your heels and snatching the lead at least a couple of times
Old 9 May 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3071769)   #269
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
THanks Cliff, it was quite a tussle for a while, really looking forward to Spa now . . . apart from the cost! £420 on a new seat this morning and it looks like my extinguishers no good either, just because its 200ml too small seems daft as I've had the same system since dot and its always been fine.

I don't object to the seat so much, but the extinguishers couldn't put out a swan vesta
Old 9 May 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3071780)   #270
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 2 - HRDC TC63

Starters - 20
Classsified -18

Julius Thurgood seems to take a fairly flexible view of what constitutes a Gp 2 Touring car, but it seems to work and we get to see cars that don’t get many opportunities to race. It was therefore, extremely disappointing that frontrow man, Ian McDonald was unable to start due to the aforementioned pulley failure on the Warwick 350GT. However, one Joe Allenby-Byrne (71 - Cortina Mk1) of this ‘ere parish was on pole position, displayed his prowess and engaged in battle with the Jaguar 3.8 Mk2 (10) of Peter Dorlin, the lead changing hands several times before Joe prevailed to pull away to score a fine victory by nearly 20 seconds. In fact it seems that Dorlin had a poor lap 6 and fell into the clutches of the similarly mounted Nigel Webb (21), these two engaging in a classic Mk2 battle to the flag, with Webb taking the runner up spot by a couple of seconds. Another Tenther, Ben Shuckburgh was a strong 4th in his Alfa Romeo Guilia Super (68) and another Alfa, the Guilia Sprint GT of Geoff Turral 5th albeit over half a minute further back. 6th went to another Jaguar Mk2 (69 - Peter Burton). I'll do a second lot of pics for this race but since Joe has displayed such impatience, I'll do that tomorrow morning!
Attached Thumbnails
360MRC6May2012 100wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 139wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 179wb.jpg  

360MRC6May2012 183wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 196wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 212wb.jpg  

Old 9 May 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3071781)   #271
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've updated the pics on Flickr from Saturday practice. No HRDC pics just the 6hrs.

http://flic.kr/ps/CdqWX
Old 9 May 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3071786)   #272
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 2 - HRDC TC63 (2)

Ok, so I lied. A few more. Of particular interest was the Studebaker Lark Daytona 500 (88 -see previous post) of Micky Bolton. Also Madge, who was a heroine of last years 6 hours, taking it rather easier this year, but joined by a sister MG1100 in this race:-
Attached Thumbnails
360MRC6May2012 205wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 215wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 217wb.jpg  

360MRC6May2012 225wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 249wb.jpg   360MRC6May2012 269wb.jpg  

Old 9 May 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3071787)   #273
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent photos Peter and John. Thank you.
Old 9 May 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3071809)   #274
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John that little paddock cam of yours seems to perform remarkably well considering its turbo lag etc. good pics mate. I think its just as well Gordon S sold your other one. I have slapped a few pics of the event on my website... will pop a few more on when I get time .. whenever that might be.
Great event as always. Well done to Claire, John and everyone else involved. Very enjoyable.
Richard S.
Old 9 May 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3071887)   #275
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
..... it looks like my extinguishers no good either, just because its 200ml too small seems daft as I've had the same system since dot and its always been fine.

I don't object to the seat so much, but the extinguishers couldn't put out a swan vesta
Go for a 4 litre one then, and make sure the retaining straps are bolted together, not held with over-centre clips which are now verboten