Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3347931)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oulton Park Gold Cup

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf

Includes a round of the FISCAR Challenge. http://fiscar.org/
Old 31 Jul 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3440520)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just so as to avoid confusion (or cause confusion ), as well as the HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy cars having two 20 minutes races (qualifying Saturday, races Sunday and Monday), the Motor Racing Legends Historic Touring Car Challenge cars have a 40 minute race, also on Monday. Not sure when their qualifying will be, but guess Monday as well.

So with the HSCC HTC cars there on Monday as well, that's (hopefully) a lot of tin tops.......

Old 31 Jul 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3440529)   #3
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just so as to avoid confusion (or cause confusion ), as well as the HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy cars having two 20 minutes races (qualifying Saturday, races Sunday and Monday), the Motor Racing Legends Historic Touring Car Challenge cars have a 40 minute race, also on Monday. Not sure when their qualifying will be, but guess Monday as well.

So with the HSCC HTC cars there on Monday as well, that's (hopefully) a lot of tin tops.......

Yes the HSCC HTC,the mainstay of the club,get 20min qually and one 20min race.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3440543)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Yes the HSCC HTC,the mainstay of the club,get 20min qually and one 20min race.

I was waiting for that! Right on cue, Robyn....

I'm not trying to justify anything, but- The HTC entry fee is also considerably less per minute than MRL require. Best VFM though is the Super Tourers. Maybe get some slicks on that Anglebox......
Old 31 Jul 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3440557)   #5
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
The HRSR have for the last 3 years at least, asked the HSCC for a couple of 40min races per season. Did we get them,did we f**k.

Go figure!!
Old 31 Jul 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3440584)   #6
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just so as to avoid confusion (or cause confusion ), as well as the HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy cars having two 20 minutes races (qualifying Saturday, races Sunday and Monday), the Motor Racing Legends Historic Touring Car Challenge cars have a 40 minute race, also on Monday. Not sure when their qualifying will be, but guess Monday as well.So with the HSCC HTC cars there on Monday as well, that's (hopefully) a lot of tin tops.......
I have the entry form for Oulton Park in front of me and don't see any mention of the MRL race. But Robyn does have a point there!

No doubt they (MRL) will get a reasonable entry being a prestige meeting but would they support Cadwell in early season, Snetterton or Brands Indy?
Old 31 Jul 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3440602)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is there any word yet on how many super tourers will be entering?
Old 1 Aug 2014, 05:23 (Ref:3440668)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Nope.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3440671)   #9
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Hopefully more than 6 !!!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3440674)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Jason M will be out in his Super Tourer ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Aug 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3440686)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I have the entry form for Oulton Park in front of me and don't see any mention of the MRL race. But Robyn does have a point there!

No doubt they (MRL) will get a reasonable entry being a prestige meeting but would they support Cadwell in early season, Snetterton or Brands Indy?
Correct Peter. Some confusion over what was happening at Oulton, hence me posting the information I had to a wider audience!

Yes, Robyn does have a point. If I raced an HRSR car I would like some races more than 20 minutes. As for why HSCC don't run any- I have no idea, but they must have a reason..... Has anyone asked?

I don't see it as a case of MRL 'supporting' HSCC. MRL only run 4 races for their HTCC cars, one in Europe (no more or dreaded FIA intervention), one at their own event (Donington Festival), one as invitees at Classic, leaving one other. I guess this last has to fit in with both organisation's calendars, and other requests the HSCC get from likes of GTSCC, etc?

As for possible numbers for either grid at Oulton, the Super Tourers have already raced there this season as guests of BTCC, so not sure how many of them will want to repeat the trip. And Robyn, the reason for low turnout at Brands was fairly obvious and predictable. Just a case of poor timing!

The Minshaws had their S40 at Classic but not sure if it finished either of the races? Their M3 expired in first race in a cloud of smoke but reappeared for Sunday.

Old 1 Aug 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3440776)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;3440686]Correct Peter. Some confusion over what was happening at Oulton, hence me posting the information I had to a wider audience! QUOTE]

Thanks for that, Mike. It was news to me - and not in a good way.

[QUOTE Yes, Robyn does have a point. If I raced an HRSR car I would like some races more than 20 minutes. As for why HSCC don't run any- I have no idea, but they must have a reason..... Has anyone asked?QUOTE]

Not yet.

[QUOTE I don't see it as a case of MRL 'supporting' HSCC. MRL only run 4 races for their HTCC cars, one in Europe (no more or dreaded FIA intervention), one at their own event (Donington Festival), one as invitees at Classic, leaving one other. I guess this last has to fit in with both organisation's calendars, and other requests the HSCC get from likes of GTSCC, etc?QUOTE]

So a double header for them at Snetterton in early June falls very nicely between the Donington and Silverstone festivals.

[QUOTE] And Robyn, the reason for low turnout at Brands was fairly obvious and predictable. Just a case of poor timing!QUOTE]

So the Snetterton June event would suit these too. Looks like we've all got a win/win here. It's good to feel I've been helpful.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3440791)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
So the Snetterton June event would suit these too. Looks like we've all got a win/win here. It's good to feel I've been helpful.

OK, bearing in mind the event had to be stretched into Friday afternoon to accommodate everyone this year, which of the established HSCC championships would you like them to leave off the programme in order to incorporate the tourers?

Old 2 Aug 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3440924)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My entry for the MRL race is in.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3441165)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going to watch this for the first time, very much looking forward to it, Oulton is a fabulous track. But I find the complete absence of a timetable a little bit odd!? Nothing on the circuit/event website and nothing yet on HSCC site. Only going for one day (as a taster - may stay longer next year) but not sure which is the best day to go?
Old 3 Aug 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3441183)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Going to watch this for the first time, very much looking forward to it, Oulton is a fabulous track. But I find the complete absence of a timetable a little bit odd!? Nothing on the circuit/event website and nothing yet on HSCC site. Only going for one day (as a taster - may stay longer next year) but not sure which is the best day to go?
The norm with HSCC that timetable will be published same time as entry lists. You can get an idea which series are running which day by looking at the entry form. Normally that is close to correct, except in this case that the MRL touring cars are racing Monday but not mentioned, and most Sunday races will be qualifying Saturday if you look carefully.....

Old 3 Aug 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3441266)   #17
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The norm with HSCC that timetable will be published same time as entry lists. You can get an idea which series are running which day by looking at the entry form. Normally that is close to correct, except in this case that the MRL touring cars are racing Monday but not mentioned, and most Sunday races will be qualifying Saturday if you look carefully.....

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Looks like a full weekend visit is required in order to see the best of everything! Will probably visit on the Monday.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3441273)   #18
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Looks like a full weekend visit is required in order to see the best of everything! Will probably visit on the Monday.
Monday is a full day of track action while Sunday does not start until after 12.

Have booked 3 day and camping tickets.
Assuming they have repaired the main entrance bridge, I suppose the new campsite will be in operation
Old 4 Aug 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3441383)   #19
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am entering some of my weirder cars

Mitter DKW in Formula Junior Front engined
PBA DKW in Formula Junior Rear engined

both two strokes....

rengdengdeng......

Rudolf
Old 5 Aug 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3441697)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable: http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...ulton_Park.pdf
Old 6 Aug 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3441867)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I wanted to go Sunday but if the MRL TCT are on Monday then a very early start for me it us then! !

I thought they were on Sunday's programme but apparently not?
Old 6 Aug 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3441898)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just received a message from MRL. The HTCC race is cancelled due to lack of entries.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3441908)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received a message from MRL. The HTCC race is cancelled due to lack of entries.
That is a shame. As an alternative, I would have thought it possible for you to enter the SuperTourer races, if the logistics worked for you.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3441909)   #24
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
il be there with my dragster on display, pop by and say hello if you get chance :-) always nice to put faces to usernames
Old 6 Aug 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3441912)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Mike, it's an option but frankly the speed differential between the St's and my car on that circuit will mean I'll be lapped more times than a slow thing in a slow place! Have to wait until the Algerve. Testing at Mallory on the 20th though.