Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Aug 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3444371)   #1
rayspeed
Rookie

rayspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink Le Circuit International des Remparts d`Angoulême 2014

Hi any one going to see or compete at Circuit des Remparts, Angouleme this year, it sounds to be a good event? i like to go and if i can help some one it would be more interesting. 07836558666
Old 17 Aug 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3444806)   #2
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going with Jon Wolfe and friends. I'll be competing in the Grantura, Jon in the GT6. We are in the FISC races. Never been before but everyone that has been in the past says it is a great event. Really looking forward to it and a bit of a change from the Spa 6hrs meeting that we usually do.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3447253)   #3
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave

John and I are giving the 6 Hours a miss in favour of Angouleme with Pieter this year, so we will see you there. First time I have not done a race at the 6H meeting for over 10 years and first time we have not done the main event since 2007.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3449775)   #4
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi chaps - For only the third time in 20 years I won't be attending this year, but I can be pretty sure that you will have a good time and enjoy it, whether you're racing or spectating. If you haven't bought your grandstand seat, I think you will be out of luck, but you can also get a general admission that allows you to view along the top straight and down towards the lower hairpins and access to the paddock.
Enjoy your visit, and I'm sure you'll want to return some time.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3449777)   #5
Alan Cox
Rookie

One of the delights you can look forward to
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2 (409) - Copy_edited-1.jpg  
Old 3 Sep 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3450071)   #6
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cox View Post
Hi chaps - For only the third time in 20 years I won't be attending this year, but I can be pretty sure that you will have a good time and enjoy it, whether you're racing or spectating. If you haven't bought your grandstand seat, I think you will be out of luck, but you can also get a general admission that allows you to view along the top straight and down towards the lower hairpins and access to the paddock.
Enjoy your visit, and I'm sure you'll want to return some time.
Alan,

First time there and we have 3 guests that I assumed we would get some sort of access passes for with our entry. Do we need to get additional tickets for our supporters to enable them to spectate or are there some passes included in the entry?

Thanks

Dave
Old 10 Sep 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3451970)   #7
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to get there...The GT6 is pretty much ready; partly because I have not raced it for so long!!! Last time was Spa Summer Classic in 2013 when it broke down...
Old 21 Sep 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3456203)   #8
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
well what an amazing place! Bugattis everywhere you look. Just about to get set for qualifying on what looks like the most barking mad circuit ever.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3456864)   #9
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As usual amazing place, amazing racing. Yes Dave it is a mad course, but fab. There with three cars, customers and friends, unfortunately not racing, boo hoo! There is nowhere else you can drink in the atmosphere of 30s racing, huge supportive crowds, an eclectic mix of vintage, historic and classic cars on track and in the town, some of which are only seen there, along with genuine entente cordiale and great food and wine. Down side was more cars damaged than we have ever seen, along with Daves' TVR having overheating (head gasket?) problems, Tonys' Alfa being brought to a halt by a Cortina that didn't make the second hairpin, leaving Tony nowhere to go, and Patricks' beautiful Allard breaking its' bonnet straps leaving Patrick wearing the bonnet and completely blind, also going into the second hairpin causing him to hit the wall. Thankfully no damage to him although the bonnet had a helmet sized dent in it! That's street racing though and fingers crossed please don't let it be the last one.
Few photos trying to capture the atmosphere. The one with the cathedral in the background is the road before racing being prepared. The other road picture is the grid by the cathedral!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0753.jpg   DSC_0785.jpg   DSC_0797.jpg  

DSC_0808.jpg   DSC_0811.jpg   DSC_0787.jpg  

Old 24 Sep 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3457318)   #10
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Celia, you were right, it is a fantastic event and so glad you "sold it" to me. Brilliant weekend with atmosphere like nothing else I have been to. Your pics give some idea of the eclectic mix of cars and the ambience of the place.

Patrick seemed to have a fairly positive view of the bonnet wearing experience! I Have to say that seeing around 20 Bugs racing was something else - and the battle between Justin and Dougal in the chain gangs was inspirational.

Sure I'll be back again but lots of lessons learned - for such a short course it is certainly a challenge to both car and driver.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3457614)   #11
rainbow
Rookie

rainbow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with my brother as spectators, was a toss up between here and spa 6hrs , luckily warm weather and free accomodation at a relations 50mls away won.
Great racing and cafes, looking at the photos I just noticed myself standing next to the ginetta with my arms folded!
I liked john,s overtaking at the conker tree hairpin, mgb,s can,t have such a good steering lock as his gt6! I can remember racing against him and his spitfire in the 750mc roadsports in the 90,s hasn,t got any slower!
I am already thinking of going to pau again next year,went there in 2008 and really enjoyed it.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3461225)   #12
Alan Cox
Rookie

Pleased to hear that you guys (and gals) all enjoyed yourselves. Hope to see you there again next year.