Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3745282)   #151
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Too many races, should really be capped at 19
Opposite. I'd like to see a few more.

Really liking the directions the new management is taking f1.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3745298)   #152
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's not fair on the personal to have so many races. NASCAR only works because it is one country
Old 19 Jun 2017, 18:36 (Ref:3745302)   #153
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay let's make the sport even more expensive?
Old 19 Jun 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3745306)   #154
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Too many races, should really be capped at 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
what is the point of going out to Singapore, to come back to Russia to then go back out east again to Japan.
China and Singapore have yet to come to terms so it still could be a shorter calendar...shorter as well is my preference.

Sing i would think is a no brainer to re-sign so perhaps a more stream lined flying order can be set once a long term deal in place.

Russia is the odd one out with it's request to change its date back to sept/oct...i thought they didnt like that time of year for a race hence why they asked to be moved earlier into the season...anyways i dont believe any change of date will lead to better attendance there.

curious to see if China re-signs though...the teams say its an important market and for sure it is but does a race really impact on Merc or Ferrari sales in China? these cars sell there in ever increasing numbers and it has nothing to do with F1 imo. i can see that race not going ahead.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 04:05 (Ref:3745421)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren Alfa Romeo?

Take note of the source... and who owns it...

An aside, how do you reckon Mr Brown felt to get his United Autosports LMP2 prototype to the finish at Le Mans.. that would be a unique feeling this year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Jun 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3745449)   #156
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
McLaren Alfa Romeo?

Take note of the source... and who owns it...

An aside, how do you reckon Mr Brown felt to get his United Autosports LMP2 prototype to the finish at Le Mans.. that would be a unique feeling this year
An interesting/thought provoking story. Bearing in mind who does own the source, could this be diversionary smoke & mirrors?
Old 20 Jun 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3745466)   #157
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
With Jolyon, he has his Dad negotiating deals with Renault for Motorsport Vision. You can see there's Clio's at Bedford Autodrome etc - that's the type of deal Jolyon brings.

In terms of real driving talent / raw speed, Jolyon and Lance Stroll, perhaps with Ericsson have to be the weakest drivers in the field by a margin.

To be honest, it says a lot about Renault's approach, that Jolyon has a 'works' seat.

For Renault to wriggle out of his deal this season, would surely cause ramifications for the company with the MSV arrangement. So, perhaps you could imagine if they were to ditch Jolyon for Robert, it would have to be at seasons-end, when the termination clauses are nowhere near as steep.

Plus, that MSV platform, for Renault longer term, probably isn't worth losing. Sacking the son of the owner of that platform isn't a good strategic move.

Jolyon is clearly a nice guy - smart, a good talker - just not in any way an 'A Grade' driver. Makes a bit of a mockery of GP2 that he's one of their previous champions, to be honest. But, he'll probably cling on to a ride for the rest of 2017.
This is an interesting theory but in the cold light of day the board at Renault will be far more interested in maximising the results of the F1 team over keeping a partnership going with MSV that in the greater scheme of things is small fry, and only relevant to the UK.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3745483)   #158
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Palmer will not be at Renault in 2018.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3745493)   #159
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Palmer will not be at Renault in 2018.
Or likely after the summer break...
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3745495)   #160
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rereading Cyril's comments re. Kubica I read it entirely as - a) Robert needs to prove he's commercially viable ie. he can attract money to the team either directly or indirectly and b) yes, how will he hold up on different types of circuit.

The Goodwood demo is just another step of rehabilitation (less so) - and building awareness of him commercially, to a wider audience, again.

If some company stumps up some backing, he'll get the ride - but without it, Renault has to go where the money is on Nico's teammate.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3745554)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Unless Palmer improves in the next few races, his days at Renault will be numbered. Doesn't help having a great driver in Hulk as his team mate though
Old 20 Jun 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3745572)   #162
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Unless Palmer improves in the next few races, his days at Renault will be numbered. Doesn't help having a great driver in Hulk as his team mate though
It definitely doesn't help that Hulk was beaten by someone (Perez) that was let go already by a big team.
It (unfairly IMO) tarnished Perez, and his beating of Hulk has lowered Hulk's stock to a degree, which in turn makes Palmer look like he's doing even worse than if he was getting beaten by someone everyone thought was awesome.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3745679)   #163
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Quote:

Claire Williams: "We had a fantastic relationship with them back in the 1980s, but I can categorically say that we have not talked to Honda."

"We are not here ready with a press release saying we are joining forces with them in 2018. We haven't talked to them."

"We all know that Honda do put a huge amount of money at McLaren but when I weigh up the pros and cons, would I rather have the budget we have and be the fourth quickest car or have a huge amount of money and finish P9 again?"

Ouch!
Old 21 Jun 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3745723)   #164
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Ouch!
Brilliantly blunt. This is Honda's trouble...they do need to sort themselves out.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3745743)   #165
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Brilliantly blunt. This is Honda's trouble...they do need to sort themselves out.
Funny Ms Williams says that with Lance Stroll in the second car...
Old 21 Jun 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3745747)   #166
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Exactly, fourth quickest car but going to be seventh or eighth in the championship.

Williams has such little credibility these days sadly
Old 21 Jun 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3745775)   #167
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Bit early to be making predictions like that. There's a long way to go.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3745781)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

I am amazed to see people critical of Williams, they are doing a decent job and Stroll hopefully can build on his points duck in Canada
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3745790)   #169
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I really hope Stroll can step up a gear now he's got his first points on the board. He seems like a nice kid and has taken a lot of stick despite a very impressive junior record. Would he have been better doing a season or two in F2? Maybe, but he is where he is. Opportunities to race in the top flight come along but rarely, and I don't blame him or his dad for taking this one. With a clear head and his feet on the ground, hopefully he can show the talent I think he has.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3746332)   #170
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please Renault, please sign Kubica as of tomorrow! What do you have to lose??
Old 24 Jun 2017, 00:16 (Ref:3746337)   #171
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I really hope Stroll can step up a gear now he's got his first points on the board. He seems like a nice kid and has taken a lot of stick despite a very impressive junior record. Would he have been better doing a season or two in F2? Maybe, but he is where he is. Opportunities to race in the top flight come along but rarely, and I don't blame him or his dad for taking this one. With a clear head and his feet on the ground, hopefully he can show the talent I think he has.
I'm up for this too. I've not been impressed so far, including last race. However, you're right; who gives a whatsit about where he came from. That's just silly. He's had some success before and I'd like to see it continue.

Based on his season so far I'm not sure we'll see much success, but I'd like to see it.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3746342)   #172
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I just don't see these risk averse, highly strung teams handing Kubica a race seat.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3746383)   #173
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Meanwhile, Briatore spotted having dinner with Lauda and Wolff. And Garcia spotted having lunch with Prost and Abiteboul. Silly season is well and truly here.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3746406)   #174
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Is Flavio still Alonso's Manager?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3746446)   #175
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it's Luis Garcia Abad.