Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3780490)   #151
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Got beaten by Rosberg last year. Lewis is alright but getting beaten by his team mates on a regular basis doesn't warrant my top 10 fastest drivers ever.
?????😁
Old 15 Nov 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3780497)   #152
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Got beaten by Rosberg last year. Lewis is alright but getting beaten by his team mates on a regular basis doesn't warrant my top 10 fastest drivers ever.
Well Prost beat Senna to the title
Farina beat Fangio to the title
Reutemann beat Villeneuve, Pironi would have as well to the title if, well you know what happened...

There's probably not many F1 champions that weren't beaten by a team mate in points at least 1 season in their career.

I think Hammy has only had that single loss, maybe a year or two he was behind Button but everyone actually watching F1 knew Button couldn't match. Even with Nico, 1 more race and Ham probably would have beaten him, he was overall faster at more races last year. btw #notahamiltonfan.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3780499)   #153
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Rosberg got the Hat-trick at Monaco, when he was Lewis's team mate at Mercedes, in 2013, '14 and '15. Only three other drivers have achieved that.
Hill: 1963, '64, '65.
Prost: 1984, '85, '86.
Senna: 1989, 1990, '91.

Lewis has won it twice so far, 2008 and '16.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 15 Nov 2017 at 02:00. Reason: Typo.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3780505)   #154
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Well Prost beat Senna to the title
Farina beat Fangio to the title
Reutemann beat Villeneuve, Pironi would have as well to the title if, well you know what happened...

There's probably not many F1 champions that weren't beaten by a team mate in points at least 1 season in their career.

I think Hammy has only had that single loss, maybe a year or two he was behind Button but everyone actually watching F1 knew Button couldn't match. Even with Nico, 1 more race and Ham probably would have beaten him, he was overall faster at more races last year. btw #notahamiltonfan.
How do you get beaten by Button? 😂
Old 15 Nov 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3780509)   #155
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Collectively over three years they shared at McLaren, JB scored more points than LH, although Jenson only actually beat Lewis in the 2011 season.

2010 JB=214 LH=240
2011 JB=270 LH=227
2012 JB=188 LH=190

Total JB=672 LH=657
Old 15 Nov 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3780517)   #156
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Comprehensively so.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3780518)   #157
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton out qualified Rosberg 32 times

Rosberg out qualified Hamilton 33 times
Old 15 Nov 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3780520)   #158
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alternatively you could say that Rosberg was forced to step up above his already good standard in order to beat Hamilton. And in his own words it took too much.

Personality wise he's a tit but there's nobody currently able to match him consistently on track.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3780521)   #159
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In the same way Ricciardo was beaten by:
Kvyat in 2015, Vergne in 2012,
Karthikeyan and Liuzzi in 2011,
Pic, Hartley and Mortara in 2009.

Getting beaten by teammates regularly is clearly a bad thing, and anyone who does should give up.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3780633)   #160
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Collectively over three years they shared at McLaren, JB scored more points than LH, although Jenson only actually beat Lewis in the 2011 season.

2010 JB=214 LH=240
2011 JB=270 LH=227
2012 JB=188 LH=190

Total JB=672 LH=657

Button isn't even remotely known in F1 to be fast. that confirms my theory.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3780637)   #161
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Scoring more points than Lewis confirms that Jenson isn't fast? I don't follow.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3780640)   #162
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He’s just being funny and trying to wind people up.

Time to stop now FAS33. Even I know when it’s time to stop being silly.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3780644)   #163
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Create an account on TenTenths.com.
2. Make outrageous claims.
3. Let other members wonder... Serious or trolling?
4. PROFIT!!!

Richard
Old 15 Nov 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3780645)   #164
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Scoring more points than Lewis confirms that Jenson isn't fast? I don't follow.
It's simple. Based on results against teammates:

Button is better than Hamilton.
Hamilton is better than Alonso.
Alonso is better than Button.

Or to put it another way - comparing drivers based on the points they score is meaningless in isolation, and anyone who keeps pushing the 'Driver A outscored Driver B' argument is deluded.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 00:12 (Ref:3780655)   #165
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's simple. Based on results against teammates:

Button is better than Hamilton.
Hamilton is better than Alonso.
Alonso is better than Button.

Or to put it another way - comparing drivers based on the points they score is meaningless in isolation, and anyone who keeps pushing the 'Driver A outscored Driver B' argument is deluded.
Agreed. These comparisons are totally meaningless, as the points system has completely changed.

From 2003 - 2009 it was: 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

From 2010 - 2017 it is: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 16 Nov 2017 at 00:20.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3780687)   #166
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Am I the only one reading this thread and thinking "Oh my god, it's going to be a long & tedious closed season..."?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3780697)   #167
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Am I the only one reading this thread and thinking "Oh my god, it's going to be a long & tedious closed season..."?
Is this an appeal for an even longer season with more races - just to make the closed season as short as possible?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3780700)   #168
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is this an appeal for an even longer season with more races - just to make the closed season as short as possible?
As much as I hate that idea, unfortunately it might be preferable!
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3780720)   #169
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
you mean, all two and a half months of it?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3780722)   #170
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you mean, all two and a half months of it?
Don't worry it will seem much longer!
Old 16 Nov 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3780723)   #171
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
shhhhh. i'm trying to hang onto the positives here
Old 16 Nov 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3780736)   #172
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Nil desperandum, there is one more race to go and Lewis could get pole and win it.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3780742)   #173
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only because he's got the best car and Bottas's has been turned down so as not to threaten him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Nov 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3780763)   #174
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No. I have been thinking I need a new hobby until the start of the season. The forum has been a bit rough around the edges recently and not particularly enjoyable. The negativity permeates.

Richard
Old 16 Nov 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3780784)   #175
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The forum has been a bit rough around the edges recently and not particularly enjoyable. The negativity permeates.

Richard
i hear that!