Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 17 Sep 2002, 16:04 (Ref:382585)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andretti Green: Kannan, Franchitti & Andretti!!!!

Andretti Green Racing (AGR) today announced it will field three entries in the 2003 Indy Racing League for Michael Andretti, Dario Franchitti and Tony Kanaan.

yes! IRL 2003 will be the best racing yet!

http://www.indyracing.com/

Last edited by Down F0rce; 17 Sep 2002 at 16:05.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 18:29 (Ref:382690)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't they just have 28 starters at Texas? How many do they plan on fielding? Who's gonna fall by the wayside?
Old 17 Sep 2002, 19:31 (Ref:382727)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ugh...I don't care much for Mickey....But I really hope Tony and Dario can still walk at the end of the season. I know the only reason they went to the IRL was money and they'd rather be racing in Cart, but that still doesn't make up for the extra danger they'll see in the series.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 17 Sep 2002, 20:14 (Ref:382768)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't say I care much for Tony or Dario now either. They ahven't done this for racing reasons, they've jsut prostituted themselves for money. Tony's a very good voal racer, but Dario isn't by any stretch. Can you imagine the job Rockingham will have explaining to all the fans who thrilled at Dario's victory last weekend that he won't be racing next year, because he's a money grabbing scumbag who's probably been corrupted by his Hollywood wife
Old 17 Sep 2002, 20:24 (Ref:382780)   #5
John0087
Rookie

John0087 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boots,

Don't be too hard on the guy. We all forget that while we watch racing as a "sport", to these drivers is a career and lifestyle. Would Dario or Tony be "prostituting" themselves if they switched teams for more money? No way. I do not like the IRL, but its a fact of life, talent goes where the mnoney is. If Dario deems it "best" for him right now to move to the IRL, then good luck to him. Personally, this past win is his first on an oval, so I don't know if it was the wisest decision, but I am sure that he will adapt and be sucessful. I'm sure that when 'lil Dario decided to race across the pond for Hogan Racing, many Europeans were screaming Bloody murder. But in the end, champoions will suceed where ever they end up.

And lay back on the wifey, she's a very nice person.

John
Old 17 Sep 2002, 23:17 (Ref:382935)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Robin Miller summed it up well in his column "It's all about the money" http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2002/0917/1433087.html

I wonder how much they're getting each... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were F1-like.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Sep 2002, 00:20 (Ref:382977)   #7
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Spot on Jay. For whatever reason irl machines seem to incorporate the driver as a 'crush zone'.
Old 18 Sep 2002, 11:59 (Ref:383318)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if you guys hate the IRL so much, then why do you hang around the forums?
Old 18 Sep 2002, 15:43 (Ref:383516)   #9
John0087
Rookie

John0087 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't speak for the others, but I can say its not the IRL that I dislike, its the management. TG seems to be a biggot that doesn't care about racing. He changes his mind and formula not to promote and improve the IRL, but to kill CART. Look at where the drivers come from now. I recall when the IRL started, it was an open wheel racing series that was rooted in the American tradition of oval racing. Great, sounds good, my favorite CART race is at Fontana. But it also became an "All American Series" because other racing series are full of foreigneers that are overpaid, with foreign engines. Hmmmm, isn't the IRL racing in Japan next year, with almost just as many foreigners racing. Its his, and other teams owners in the IRL for that matter (Cheever) integrity, racist comments and lack of real concern about autosports that upsets me.

Personally, I am a big CART fan. I love the diversity of the racing, the idea of giving the best drivers in the world a chance to drive the fastest, most dificult cars to drive around. But right now, it dosen't look too good for CART right now. If CART folds, I guess that I will be watching IRL races, especially since the top teams seems to be moving over anyways. But do you think for one minute, TG will not go to Long Beach, Toronto, Miami or th emany other street and road races that are constant sell outs? Of coarse he will. He'll go where the money is. So, well have a series called the IRL, that races on short ovals, superspeedays, street races, and road races. All I can hope is that TG will be ousted once this happens.

Sorry about the long post.

BTW. this is all opinions.

John
Old 19 Sep 2002, 07:49 (Ref:383923)   #10
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti/Green Racing. The best team japanese money can buy.

Small known fact, TG is bi-sexual. Well known in racing circles though.