Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Apr 2002, 19:20 (Ref:251152)   #1
Blade
Rookie

Blade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One make championships (Fiesta's & Clio's)

I'm intrested in getting started in motor racing, either the one make Renault Clio championship or the one make Ford Fiesta championship (they used to be part of the BTCC package).

What i'd like to know is roughly how much it costs and who do you have to get in contact with?

Thanks in advance

Blade
Old 3 Apr 2002, 20:03 (Ref:251194)   #2
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fiestas don't exist any more, except in a club racing series. To find out more information about Clios, check out www.cliocup.co.uk
Also check out the official site at www.renaultsport.co.uk , although this site is down at the moment.
Both sites have details of all the teams involved, but it won't be cheap.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 23:01 (Ref:251407)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some guys who own their own team do clios for 30-40 grand a season, while some pay up to 70 000 pounds! Its rather a lot. And if your clio has an itchy roof and you like to roll a lot then just add a couple more grand per big smash.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 19:11 (Ref:252041)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go for Fiestas - hell of a lot cheaper - I just happen to know a team that would probably do a single race just as a try.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 20:31 (Ref:252115)   #5
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Rivett did Clios with the Stancombe team last year for under £40K. Nearly won the title, too.

I know some people were quoted by some teams at knocking on for £70K but I don't think you'll actually find too many people paying anything like that in the end. More around the £50-55K mark. I assure you, these cars do not cost a lot to run for a year. Those stumping up bigger budgets are paying extra just to be part of a team with a big reputation. It doesn't guarantee success.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:26 (Ref:255091)   #6
doug
Rookie

doug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: One make championships (Fiesta's & Clio's)

Hi Blade, as you might already now the Fiestas are not racing on their own this year. as for the Clio's chances are you wont get a car, as they are all gone except for mine. I ran it myself last season for about £40k, but as already said the big teams are taking anything up to £100k. If you are looking at getting started in racing then I have the perfect car and series to put it in. I have my championship winning car from 2000 sitting in my garage, not used in 2001. They are currently running them in the super coupe cup, and are now turning out to be race winners. Let me know if interested.
Cheers, doug drmotorsport@msn.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade
I'm intrested in getting started in motor racing, either the one make Renault Clio championship or the one make Ford Fiesta championship (they used to be part of the BTCC package).

What i'd like to know is roughly how much it costs and who do you have to get in contact with?

Thanks in advance

Blade