Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Aug 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3446172)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R9 - Buxtehude, Germany

I know, its a bit early. But the first bit of news about Germany and, guess what, its another driver moving to another team...

http://emailmarketing.createsend.co....40EF23F30FEDED
Old 3 Sep 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3449971)   #2
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very happy to see P-G Andersson in the Hedström-Skoda. But even more happier to see Ole Kristian Nøttveit with Stina and Guttorm Lindefjell with Donna . I hope that they really will be in Buxtehude in two weeks.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3451322)   #3
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone knows when the entry list will be published?
Old 10 Sep 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3451898)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
Anyone knows when the entry list will be published?
Its now online:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/W...%20list%20.pdf

41 Supercars
25 Super 1600
11 Touring Cars
Old 11 Sep 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3452108)   #5
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holte instead of Nøttveit dating 'Stina': http://erc24.com/archives/19274
Old 11 Sep 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3452110)   #6
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Construction error on the I20. Anyone shed any light??
Old 20 Sep 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3455446)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Rene Munnichs Audi will make it's WRX debut - has it competed anywhere at all yet or is this its first competitive outing? I wonder how it will compare to the smaller A1s that are already out there.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3455468)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Rene Munnichs Audi will make it's WRX debut - has it competed anywhere at all yet or is this its first competitive outing?
Rallycross Challenge Europe at Sosnova.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3455600)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I wonder how it will compare to the smaller A1s that are already out there.
Not much to compare, seen the class of the drivers in the other Audis...
Old 21 Sep 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3456303)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Hansen and Timur ruin their good start in semi-final 1.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3456306)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Solberg on pole in final.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3456307)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Close finish between Ecky and Solberg but the latter wins.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3456552)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Close finish between Ecky and Solberg but the latter wins.
"Close" is an understatement! I thought Ekstrom had it, but just pipped by Solberg.

(Out of interest, what is the closest finish in rallycross?)

52 point Championship lead for Solberg now according to the RallycrossRX site (rallycross.com is showing a 49 point lead?). He's not got the title in the bag yet, but one more strong weekend should put him pretty damn close.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3456560)   #14
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
This is possibly the closest finish in Rallycross. A very similar finish happened between Kenneth Hansen (4:02.51m) and Martin Schanche (4:02.52m) in the Swedish 1995 ERC round at Arvika, but the time-keepers were only able to measure up to one-hundreds of a second back then.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3456827)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
This is possibly the closest finish in Rallycross. A very similar finish happened between Kenneth Hansen (4:02.51m) and Martin Schanche (4:02.52m) in the Swedish 1995 ERC round at Arvika, but the time-keepers were only able to measure up to one-hundreds of a second back then.
Cheers for the info Guru, just spotted it was mentioned in the ERC24 write up (speaking of which, some awesome pictures from JKR in that article).

Just seen this on Facebook...

...shame to see such a good looking rallycross car in such a state.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3456845)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watched it back today

Gotta say some of the driving in that first corner was pathetic, just a total lottery and plenty of peoples races ruined by cretinous driving.

Noticeable that since this regime took over there is very little penalizing of poor driving, they oviously want it.

I can think of Bakkerud, Hedstrom, Walfridsson, Larsson who all just drive into the side of a rival on the outside to take the bend.

Garbage really, sorry but thats a sport I can watch any weekd with more skill and control, called Saloon stock cars.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3457100)   #17
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127287...h/15338691502/

some pics of last weekend
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3457948)   #18
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Watched it back today

Gotta say some of the driving in that first corner was pathetic, just a total lottery and plenty of peoples races ruined by cretinous driving.

Noticeable that since this regime took over there is very little penalizing of poor driving, they oviously want it.

I can think of Bakkerud, Hedstrom, Walfridsson, Larsson who all just drive into the side of a rival on the outside to take the bend.

Garbage really, sorry but thats a sport I can watch any weekd with more skill and control, called Saloon stock cars.
It wasn't just me then! Well said chunder. I'm glad somebody said it. It was appalling driving at times, utterly unnecessary. I think it got a bit better towards the finals, maybe it says something about those progressing through the mayhem in the early heats that the level of contact seemed to reduce.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3459796)   #19
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, got round to watching the coverage last night, I'm a bit behind at the moment as I seem to have a bit of a back log of stuff and been a bit busy. Never been a massive fan of this track and the driving in the first corner was pretty poor in some instances. A lot of drivers seemed to get collected by just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think a lot of it is down to there not being a lot of room around the place.

That said the highlights of the Super 1600 race looked more like a Stock Car Race, but that often seems to be the case in Super 1600. Good drive by Solberg in the final. I thought he'd blown it on more than one occasion.

Hopefully, I'll have watched Italy by the time we get to Turkey!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3462030)   #20
Janneman
Rookie

Netherlands
Janneman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Watched it back today

Agree that the stewards have to penalize more.
On the other hand, this is rallycross and much much better than for instance Lydden were the pack is already split before the irst corner.