Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Sep 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2955559)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ALMS Round 8 - ModSport American Le Mans Monterey (Laguna Seca!) - 16/17 September

No one posted up a thread yet and its Wednesday and the Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide is up , so thought I'd do the honours. Apologies, if this steps on anyones toes!

Schedule

Entry List

Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide

Track Map

ALMS International Video Feed

ESPN3 Video Feed
(will also be on ESPN2, Rogers Sportsnet Canada, Motors TV in Europe)

Weather

World Times

Fire away! We have 36 entries for the 6 hour race with some 3 driver teams including Dyson. Level 5 are also suppose to debut their HPD car.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2955571)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
No one posted up a thread yet and its Wednesday and the Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide is up , so thought I'd do the honours. Apologies, if this steps on anyones toes!

Sorry to spoil your fun then
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130026
Old 14 Sep 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2955575)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm really looking forward to this race. I haven't been able to watch the last few rounds live, but I think I can work this one out.

Is Kevin Buckler running in one of his GTC cars?

The Level 5 HPD will be nice to see. Their livery makes me chuckle though, because whenever new cars debut in all black before they get "painted" I always like them. But for some reason Level 5's all black livery hasn't inspired the same feeling.

Also, I think there is another race thread already, but not much action on it http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130026

Mods: perhaps a merge is in order?
Old 14 Sep 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2955576)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
ah bugger. maybe the admins can do a merge
Old 14 Sep 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2955618)   #5
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Ragginger will be driving the #30 NGT GTC not Sean Edwards.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2955628)   #6
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty good day when you can sub Ragginger for Edwards! NGT spoiled much?

I wish Level 5 would let you design the new scheme, Andy.

Chris
Old 14 Sep 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2955667)   #7
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Chris
Henzler does alot of work with NGT as well, he is often testing NGT's cars.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 05:36 (Ref:2955729)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Chris
funny you should say that, i did some proposals for them at the end of the season, but they went with the all-black car in the end.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2955731)   #9
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
funny you should say that, i did some proposals for them at the end of the season, but they went with the all-black car in the end.
Wish it would have panned out... the black just looks lazy.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2956161)   #10
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
At least put some wild fluorescent color wheels on to make it stand out. Come to think of it, all but one of the P cars are running black wheels.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2956170)   #11
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI, the test session has started. I wonder if Muscle Milk will participate. They have usually skipped these sessions this year.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2956174)   #12
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Aston being there may affect Cytosport's testing schedule.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2956181)   #13
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I wonder if Aston being there may affect Cytosport's testing schedule.
I'm not sure. On the one hand, there may be more parts available if the factory team is there, but maybe there are less parts available since there are two cars running. I don't know, but the Muscle Milk car is on the track right now. They were the last car to make a lap, but they are running fast laps now.

It's still early, but Andy Wallace is making the rest of the LMPC field look silly. He's got about 3 seconds on the 2nd LMPC car.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2956182)   #14
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No big deal, but it is the ModSpace American Le Mans Monterrey Presented by Tequila Patron. Although ModSport makes me laugh, because it sounds like somebody mispronouncing Mosport.

Chris
Old 16 Sep 2011, 02:48 (Ref:2956196)   #15
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
AMR in fourth after first practice.
1.7 seconds behind Cytosport.
I wonder if G H-C will complain and lobby for adjustments, as they've spent too much money...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:25 (Ref:2956204)   #16
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Considering that the P2 HPD ran a 1.10.xxx back in 2008. Look at how far we've come. The HPd of yesterday ran a 1.20.xx.

A staggering 10 secs have been lost at Laguna Seca alone. And yo usee that the problem is the 10 secs has come from only the Prototype classes. Gt hasnt been slowed down very much. The ACO is really afraid to mess with the GT equivalency.

i tried to ignore the ACO slowing down the cars but having that 1.10 i the back of my head just reminds me of how far we've come. or backwards rather.

of course this was only a test session. Who knows?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2956207)   #17
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's kind of obvious the cars are going to be slower due to the changes made for this season....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:39 (Ref:2956211)   #18
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post

i tried to ignore the ACO slowing down the cars
...already said that. I'm merely commenting on the magnitude of speed differential from 2008 to now.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2956215)   #19
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
AMR in fourth after first practice.
1.7 seconds behind Cytosport.
I wonder if G H-C will complain and lobby for adjustments, as they've spent too much money...
Dear Fogelhund,

The reason why the other teams are faster than ours is because the other teams are running scared from us.

Sincerely,
AMR
Old 16 Sep 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2956245)   #20
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Considering that the P2 HPD ran a 1.10.xxx back in 2008. Look at how far we've come. The HPd of yesterday ran a 1.20.xx.

A staggering 10 secs have been lost at Laguna Seca alone. And yo usee that the problem is the 10 secs has come from only the Prototype classes. Gt hasnt been slowed down very much. The ACO is really afraid to mess with the GT equivalency.

i tried to ignore the ACO slowing down the cars but having that 1.10 i the back of my head just reminds me of how far we've come. or backwards rather.

of course this was only a test session. Who knows?
P2 has lost ten seconds, yes. But P2 is an "all-new" class. In concept anyways. Yes the cars have been reigned in, the P1 cars are roughly 5 or 6 seconds slower and part of that can be attributed to the loss of factory competition.

Chris
Old 16 Sep 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2956333)   #21
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wouldn't panic just yet. Laguna has no grip at the best of times, so an early evening test session on a cold track with no rubber down was never going to fast.

I'd save this debate until Sunday.

Ben
Old 16 Sep 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2956367)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Considering that the 2008 GT1 pole was in the low 1.19s, 1:20 for a P2 machine is far from impressive (even if it's just a meaningless test session)
Old 16 Sep 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2956371)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Considering that the 2008 GT1 pole was in the low 1.19s, 1:20 for a P2 machine is far from impressive (even if it's just a meaningless test session)
plus, Level 5 hasn't exactly blazed the timing sheets in LMP2 this year - no matter which of their 3 cars they have used.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2956390)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just noticed that Jay Cochran has rejoined the 16 Dyson car as the 3rd driver. Also, no GT team has a third driver this weekend which is sort of interesting.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2956392)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

So what do you guys think, does the Porkie hybrid finish ahead of the entire GT2 field this time round? They weren't quite up to the pace at PLM last year but in Zhuhai they beat every other GT car out there (GT1/GT2/GT3)