Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Notices

Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3720187)   #46
mark_l
Veteran

England
Staffordshire
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year will be the last for the blue/white livery, it is only being retained because it is the 40th anniversary of the reopening.

The resurfacing of the paddock is a sign that JP is willing to invest in the circuit.

I noticed last Thursday that the retail unit nearest the petrol station is empty. At the end of last year there was 'Grandprix Racewear' sign above the door and they planned to move in for the start of this season, this appears now not to be the case.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3720193)   #47
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
This year will be the last for the blue/white livery, it is only being retained because it is the 40th anniversary of the reopening.

The resurfacing of the paddock is a sign that JP is willing to invest in the circuit.

I noticed last Thursday that the retail unit nearest the petrol station is empty. At the end of last year there was 'Grandprix Racewear' sign above the door and they planned to move in for the start of this season, this appears now not to be the case.
Maybe somebody tried to put the rent up before they'd even started...
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3720198)   #48
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was my guess, too!
Old 17 May 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3734029)   #49
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!
It looks like the plan has hit a brick wall with the Competitions Watchdog launching an enquiry according to The Leicester Mercury Link Here.
It'll be a shame for Donington if this plan doesn't go through...
Old 17 May 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3734065)   #50
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It looks like the plan has hit a brick wall with the Competitions Watchdog launching an enquiry according to The Leicester Mercury Link Here.
It'll be a shame for Donington if this plan doesn't go through...
The Mockery is a bit slow off the mark there, as that news surfaced in February IIRC. Standard practice, but it does slow things down somewhat.
Old 17 May 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3734068)   #51
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see there was another theft from the Paddock there @ the weekends Bike Meeting.

A Ducati 1098 I believe.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 17 May 2017 at 14:08.
Old 17 May 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3734083)   #52
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The Mockery is a bit slow off the mark there, as that news surfaced in February IIRC. Standard practice, but it does slow things down somewhat.
Greem, I do like your word for our esteemed local rag. (I was told yesterday that it's now owned by The Daily Mail...)
Old 17 May 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3734085)   #53
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Greem, I do like your word for our esteemed local rag. (I was told yesterday that it's now owned by The Daily Mail...)

It's part of the Trinity Mirror Group, not the Daily Wail.
Old 18 May 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3734221)   #54
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's part of the Trinity Mirror Group, not the Daily Wail.
Thanks Mike. I'll let my unreliable sources know!
Old 21 May 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3734845)   #55
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Greem, I do like your word for our esteemed local rag.
I worked in one of the city's concert venues for a number of years in the 90s; the paper's coverage of incidents and licensing issues across the sector (and the occasional show review!) left a lot to be desired so we, er, mocked it. Mercilessly, usually!
Old 21 May 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3734846)   #56
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I see there was another theft from the Paddock there @ the weekends Bike Meeting.

A Ducati 1098 I believe.
Ridden out of the paddock via the pedestrian exit with the frame stand still attached. Someone I know who was there told me it was last seen heading south at high speed on the M1, no lid, with the stand still bouncing behind it.

Security had apparently dropped the barrier and blocked the vehicle exit but the thief simply went through a smaller gap. No stopping some folk.