Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Mar 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3720946)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just For Zefarelly

The oldest Vespa in existence is up for auction
It's registered as No. 3 of 60 prototypes built.

But don't expect the scooter to go for cheap. Catawiki, the company hosting the auction, expects it to sell in the ballpark of $268,150 to $348,600. At the time of writing, the leading bid was $174,297, with five days of bidding left.

Last edited by bauble; 23 Mar 2017 at 18:10. Reason: Additional Information
Old 23 Mar 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3720947)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hope you don't mind Bob, but I've corrected the spelling of Zef's name in your title.......
Old 23 Mar 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3720950)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hope you don't mind Bob, but I've corrected the spelling of Zef's name in your title.......
Once I had started I could not check, so I hoped he would know who I meant, if it was wrong, so many thanks Mike.

PS; Met short, clean shaven, grey haired truckie, received parcel. No mention of money changing hands. I remain in your debt.

Mind you poor old heart still recovering from shock of finding invoice for £30 inside!!
Was this a joke?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3720999)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You've not given him his shoes back? Good God there'll be no stopping him now!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3721099)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've always been a Lambretta man. I'm sure some of the early models are house money now.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta_Red Bullet_Record.jpg  
Old 24 Mar 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3721119)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You've not given him his shoes back? Good God there'll be no stopping him now!

Midge, I once won a 'Dad's Race' by running without shoes. When the (younger) and faster father slipped on the shiny grass, my barefoot ploy proved the right option. I won a bottle of Lea Perrins sauce. Sadly long since disposed of.

The Unstoppable Bauble.

OOPS! Entirely wrong thread. Mike please move to Tea Break.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3721506)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've always been a Lambretta man. I'm sure some of the early models are house money now.
Is that a recumbent or standard?

Old 26 Mar 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3721575)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
My bet is on the knees. Inspired from the driver's position on the old racing side cars. May be Zef will confirm Innocenti established/broke so many records using Montlhéry facilities (close to Paris). Probably not the model shown but previous ones, because the Parisian banking was not designed for having a 2 wheeler at speed exceeding 125 mph (I did more than 146 myself with a Japauto Special and keep a wet souvenir from).
Old 26 Mar 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3721607)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The SIluro record breaker ( supercharged 125cc ) has recently been restored and is up and running ( minus blower) The Rimini Laambretta guys are also working with CASA Lambretta to build a modern replica.

There are some very good modern kits for Lambrettas now, I run a 186cc reed valved kit in my Series 2 Li125 which chucks out around 20 bhp. Should get me to the Celtic run in Normandy in June in good time.
Attached Thumbnails
Li125.JPG  
Old 26 Mar 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3721613)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Joe, are the parts from the Dealer Special made again? Did they have a console under the handlebar?
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3721689)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Looks like you fell off it Joe !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3721813)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Gerard
There are lots of old, and new companies making parts. the dash board you are referring to was from an LD 150 ?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3721832)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
The SIluro record breaker ( supercharged 125cc ) has recently been restored and is up and running ( minus blower) The Rimini Laambretta guys are also working with CASA Lambretta to build a modern replica.

There are some very good modern kits for Lambrettas now, I run a 186cc reed valved kit in my Series 2 Li125 which chucks out around 20 bhp. Should get me to the Celtic run in Normandy in June in good time.
I could not work this one out until I realised it had fallen over.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3721835)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes Joe thats it a 150. Our regulations made that the more than 125 cc category was merged with motorbikes hence we had few accessories or even series like your Dealers Special. Sad.
And I never understood why the Vespa was so popular vs Lambretta which seemed better in many aspects (road holding, performances, reliability). Probably marketing only?