Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Apr 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3524721)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New IndyCar teams?

2007 we had 20 teams in IRL and 9 in ChampCar, 2008 in the year of the merger we had 22 teams and in the years until 2014 this was the development of IndyCar teams: 18-17-18-16-15-13. This year we have 12/13 teams, depends on Dreyer-&-Reinbild really will return in Indianapolis (Jonathan Byrd's racing is returning, Carpenter and Fisher merged).

The trend is that the IndyCar teams get bigger or merge with each other and the very small teams are at the end of their life. Although we could see more IndyCar teams in the future. What's your opinion, which teams could we see in IndyCar in future?

1) Carlin
They compete in Indy-Lights in preparation for IndyCar and are very successful. They really could make the grid in 2016. I think: 80% chances of Carlin competing in IndyCar in 2016.

2) Jonathan Byrd's
They return in Indianapolis and want a full-time drive (again Bryan Clauson?) for 2016. 50% chances.

3) Fan Force United
They wanted to enter IndyCar fulltime this season with Stefan Wilson but couldn't find the budget. They will try it next year again. 50% chances

4) Davey Hamilton
He is planing a team of his own. 50% chances

5) Dreyer-&-Reinbold
Denis Reinbold wants a full-time drive, but it is very difficult to find the budget. 30% chances (but Indy is very likely again)

6) EuroInternational
Antonio Ferrari is helping Stefano Coletti in his first IndyCar year and wants his team also back in American Racing, but 2016 is likely Indy-Lights first and for the future ahead back to IndyCar. But who knows. 15% chances.

7) Menard
He was linked to a comeback from Vitor Meira in Indy this year, but in collaboration with an existing team. Very unlikely that he will make his own team again. 10% chances

8) Lazier
Lazier Partners do one-offs in IndyCar. No money for a whole season although that's not impossible. 5% chances

9) Dragon
Currently in Formula E but perhaps back in IndyCar in the future. 5% chances.

10) Wiggins
He is linked with a drive from Ryan Briscoe at Indy this year, but also in partnership with an existing team. Own team: 5% chances

More possible new/renewed IndyCar teams for 2016 or ahead?
Old 7 Apr 2015, 16:47 (Ref:3524755)   #2
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a better chance of playing naked twister with Salma Hayek than any of these teams answering the bell next year..
Old 8 Apr 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3524911)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Carlin seems to be the kind of business that can get to IndyCar.

Dragon (owned by Jay Penske) seems to have dropped IndyCar.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3525048)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems odd to me that teams can have chassis & infrastructure laying around for 11 months of the year, yet can find the people and the money to run the car at Indy

Sure, the starting money likely covers the entry cost.. but all that gear is sitting somewhere, just waiting to be used.

If all the spare cars and once-a-year cars and what have you showed up all on the one weekend, Honda & Chevy would likely need upwards of 60 engines to fill them...

What a problem to have!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Apr 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3525092)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Carlin is the only team that is credible for a season long commitment here. Maybe Davey H. has the intent and the prospects behind the scenes. Once the Venezuelans bailed from his outfit, Michael Shank went dead quiet. I don't rate any of the others to make anything other than brief appearances if they materialise at all.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 15:22 (Ref:3525402)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Davey Hamilton was at Sam Schmidt. Now he's at Kingdom Racing, which has some kind of Christian mission.
Old 8 May 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3535457)   #7
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juncos is going to build a new factory for a future in IndyCar.
Old 8 May 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3535592)   #8
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Junco's
Old 8 May 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3535677)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Juncos is going to build a new factory for a future in IndyCar.
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods