Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2552944)   #1
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10/10ths 'End of Season' Historic Dinner/drinks?

Just a thought that occurred to me.

Since the 2009 season is slowly heading towards its finale, would any other 10/10thers on here be interested in an end-of-season-dinner-p*ss-up type affair?

I know the 'other place' has regular meet-ups, and a lot of us do see each other (albeit briefly) at race circuits, but just wondering what the consensus was to having some sort of dinner/drinks, location to be decided but somewhere easily accessible in the UK (realise not so easily accessible for JR, Roger W etc!), to 'chew the fat', have a gossip, ditch the dirt, and plan next season.

Thoughts?

James
Old 3 Oct 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2553066)   #2
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James,
Yes, I would be up for that - great chance to meet some of the 10/10ths personalities .... and have a sherbert or three.
Nick
Old 3 Oct 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2553075)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great when and where. 25th Dec good for me. "i hate Christmas"
Old 3 Oct 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2553115)   #4
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our 10/10ths-and-friends SW London pub meet this week seemed to be well received - great to put faces to some names at last - so we've booked the Triple Crown in Richmond again for 28th October, with a view to confirming last Wednesday of each month from then on if there's enough interest. Hardly central UK I know but all welcome.

An end-of season something on a weekend sounds good though!
Old 3 Oct 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2553151)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Im going to be buisy on the 28th cars to get ready for WHT. But would like to come to the Nov meeting. Brilliant.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2553231)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What about between Christmas and New Year.
We have VSCC at Hawkendon Queen ,Suffolk on New Years Day and Bengy Lunch same week somewhere North Of London.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2553280)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'll go if its in Watford :-)
Old 4 Oct 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2553641)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Back in the early 10/10s days we organised a do at one of the Motel style places in the midlands. It was basically a mass dinner and loads of beer etc. Nothing formal just a bit of a laugh. Can't see why it shouldn't be something similar, we don't need five star stuff or indeed collar and tie.

I'm up for something but timing is my problem. If I can be in the UK, location wouldn't really be an issue.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2553780)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I'll go if its in Watford :-)
All round to Al's house then
Old 4 Oct 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2553841)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In fact I think this is a great idea,not really concerned on the distance thing though.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2553947)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
James,
Yes, I would be up for that - great chance to meet some of the 10/10ths personalities .... and have a sherbert or three.
Nick
Warm welcome, Nick.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2554031)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If all else fails i can put the Delta awning up and we can finnally drink thise beers JR has for me.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2554040)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!

I shall be in the warm for the duration of Christmas and new year, but you could all charter a plane and come down here.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Oct 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2554048)   #14
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
In fact I think this is a great idea,not really concerned on the distance thing though.
Your place then Terry
Old 4 Oct 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2554132)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
All round to Al's house then
No but I could probably get a good deal at a Ramada Hotel via my daughter :-)
Old 5 Oct 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2554286)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The beers are in Trailer unless the boys pinched them this weekend.
We did Paddock walk to find Delta van on Thursday at Spa and failed.
The gathering needs to be somewhere off south part of M1 so max no of people can attend
Old 5 Oct 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2554291)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
As I said my daughter could arrange a do at the Ramanda Hemel which is just off the M1/M25 as she is duty and events manager there and I know we could get a good price which is why we are having our club do at the Watford branch also just off the M1.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2554325)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Sounds like an answer.So who is going to organise it and presume for about 20/30 people.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2554346)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ok we have a venue can someone throw in a date. Looks like Al is organising. Thanks
Old 5 Oct 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2554437)   #20
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'm up for it.....if somebody in my position would be welcome......

.....and I don't want to talk about driving standards all evening!!!!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2554454)   #21
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`m sure a few marshals would also be up for it as well, you can count me and Fay in as long as date suits OK.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2554530)   #22
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Scotch Corner Hotel is off the radar then ??
Old 5 Oct 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2554538)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Only 20 or 30!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2554563)   #24
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff!

My suggestion, if it's difficult to fit in at the end of this year (what with all the office parties etc. etc.) would be maybe early Jan, assuming you're not all off racing in South Africa, wintering in Mustique etc. etc.

If the venue gets tight for 30+ people, I have a couple of other ideas for venues, albeit 'in my neck of the woods' (i.e. Cotswolds).

Alternative would be a Sunday lunch type affair.

James
Old 5 Oct 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2554602)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Early Jan is ok we dont leave for ZA untill the end of the month.
Closed Thread