Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3699160)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
ALGARVE CLASSIC FESTIVAL

Well established, and popular. Usually coincides with school half term, and in previous years entry fees have included 5 star hotel accommodation overlooking the beach at Praia da Rocha...

Oh- and there are rumours that some much needed track resurfacing will have been done over the winter!

Includes Motor Racing Legends Grids, GTSCC, U2TC (x2) and local races.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3758422)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just thought I'd bump this one.

I'm looking for a co driver for the MRL 2hrs race. Split the costs etc. If anyone is interested do let me know.

Thanks
Old 12 Aug 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3758992)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to be there Peter . Would love to share . We better PM . I'm back from Nurburgring tomorrow. Cheers Iain
Old 12 Aug 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3758996)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'm going to be there Peter . Would love to share . We better PM . I'm back from Nurburgring tomorrow. Cheers Iain
Ok I'll pm you with details later in the week.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3759018)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There's now a 60 minute 'Pre-1975 Algarve Sports Cars' race as well. Classes for (up to end of 1984) Sports 2000s, Crossle Drivers Club cars, Sports racers (pre '66 & pre '75), GTs and Touring cars 'pre 1975' and 'pre 1979'..... The first two mentioned get to run on their normal tyres, others have to run Dunlop M, Post Historic or Avon All Weather A37 compound. it's a joint venture with HMRN (1000km cars), Flavien & Vanessa Marcais (Pre - 80'Endurance) and Diogo Ferrao (I.H.E.)

It's all a bit complicated, but if anyone hasn't seen the regs, and would like to, PM me and I'll email!

Also, the weekend now includes HGPCA front and rear engine (combined), Formula Junior, Iberian Historic Endurance and Formula Ford Portugal......

Old 12 Aug 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3759034)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's all cracking off!
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:19 (Ref:3759056)   #7
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Hey Mike do you have the weekend timetable?
Old 13 Aug 2017, 05:40 (Ref:3759090)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Hey Mike do you have the weekend timetable?
No, nothing yet. I'd be surprised if its sorted- probably working out who gets the short straw of an early start on Sunday! Given that the event is one weekend further into winter than before, the later sunrise will make for an interesting start to the days......

I thought it was written somewhere that the MRL 2hr touring car race will be on Saturday, but can't find it now!
Old 13 Aug 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3759093)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It is because it runs into the night.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3759096)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It is because it runs into the night.
Ah, just found the email from Duncan and it says the race is Saturday morning! Maybe it starts in the dark.......
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:17 (Ref:3759097)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol,

Shows how much I know!
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3759100)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Lol,

Shows how much I know!
As long as you're there for the correct weekend, Peter...... I did reserve a hotel for a race at Zandvoort once, but got the date wrong and booked for the weekend after. Slept in the trailer.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3759102)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Accommodation is included with the entry fee so shouldn't be an issue. But I've done the same so now for weekends like Goodwood I book the same days two weeks running, then cancel the weekend I don't need. That said it also depends on an invite for that particular event.

The GTSCC race is, I'm told, Sunday morning.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3759117)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:

The GTSCC race is, I'm told, Sunday morning.
Good, that's normal. Vanessa doesn't like the racing interfering with lunch.....
Old 13 Aug 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3759211)   #15
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to returning this year, and hopefully with more of our cars.

Space available in transporter loading near Stansted airport on weekend prior to the meeting. Secure storage possible for trailers etc. while you car is away.

Please contact me via PM for further details.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3762557)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Entry for the MRL HTCC/Tony Trophy now in. Delta will be sharing the Rover.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 05:54 (Ref:3773815)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Only two weeks away. Who's going?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3773818)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Only two weeks away. Who's going?
Mr Rowley and you certainly, as seen in MRL press release...

I'm leaving base this coming Monday afternoon as there is the small matter of Le Castellet weekend after this one coming. Should get to AIA by 1700hrs Wednesday before the meeting, which is usually when the circuit staff relent in their practiced refusal of access to all and sundry!

No doubt several others will be travelling via Estoril, including your co-driver.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3773819)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We fly in Thursday afternoon. Friday practice and qually.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3774829)   #20
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We fly in Thursday afternoon. Friday practice and qually.
Look forward to seeing you, our cars are leaving at the weekend and will be in the paddock before your arrival.

Watch out for the flag of St Piran, understand the old Cornish Pirate is supplying the beers!.

Last edited by eamonn ledwidge; 18 Oct 2017 at 11:32. Reason: typo
Old 18 Oct 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3774929)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I would love to buy you a beer Eamonn . ��
Old 19 Oct 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3775041)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
MRL HTCC and TDT Entry list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ACF MRL Historic Touring Car Challenge Entry List V1.pdf (393.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 27 Oct 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3776837)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Wow what a fantastic car Peter letting me co drive with him . I'm really enjoying the Rover . Race tomorrow will. Report in with results
Old 27 Oct 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3776844)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wow what a fantastic car Peter letting me co drive with him . I'm really enjoying the Rover . Race tomorrow will. Report in with results
Hope for your sake you don't bend it!
Old 28 Oct 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3776953)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, eventful for box 19 so far. Arrived from Ricard with two dead cars, so was working from moment of arrival. The SLR has had engine out to replace flywheel spigot, and that’s proved successful. The B19 is not raceable so the owner has had his B8 rushed out from UK to replace it.... That has qualified OK.

The SLR I’m co driving (all 3 are here ) was flying during Thursday test, but died at the end of free practice yesterday. Diagnosis was that timing had slipped, and as both engine failures this season were down to dizzy problems I had the whole drive out to check. No faults found so reassembled and re timed. Gave it a razz down the local roads and felt OK, so fingers crossed for qualifying later today. Worrying when no obvious reasons for something.....

Good stuff- weather fab, all fellow racers smiling and chilled, and had two superb evening meals without even venturing to the seafood places on the beach! Just to make Delta jealous- excellent pizza last night, followed by best ice cream in the Algarve and free limoncello’s at the end........