Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jul 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2242187)   #1
Mike Wroe
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincs
Mike Wroe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Oulton Park Gold Cup

Sent my entry off yesterday for the Guards trophy race on Monday which I noted is for GT cars only, the sports racers are catered for elsewhere, so may have a chance of being in the top half of the field (mind you first we have to get to the start which is more than we've acheived so far this year). Just wondered who else might be going and if we could maybe generate some extra interest as the GT cars can challange for a win instead of watching the sports racers disappear into the distance.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2242203)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats good news IMO, post 66 SR's are out of period to my mind and another race (as they're doing) whereas an earlier SR will dice with a good pre66 GT ?

we've entered the U2TC race, which reminds me, I need to remortgage to finance it!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2242208)   #3
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John and I will be out in the Crossle and Formula Junior so looking forward to this wonderful circuit!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2242232)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, welcome!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2242279)   #5
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual, out in my SZ (HRS) and Nick's GTA (U2TC).

Looking forward to it as well. Hope my tyres have more grip than last year, when a combination of my completely bald Dunlops, plus no stock at either HP Tyres or BMTR, made for some scary moments...!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2242528)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have another stand alone race for the HistoricFF2000 so looking foward to that. For some reason Oulton has allways been kind to me and i have had some great races there over theyears.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2242996)   #7
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be out in HRS in the TR5, assuming it's still working that far into the season ... Have conned the wife into including the Gold Cup in the middle of our 2 week summer holiday, so we'll be playing at being multi-millionaires, with a motorhome parked next to the road-driven TR.

Looking forward to it - I love the circuit.

James
Old 12 Aug 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2267955)   #8
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone had their entry confirmed yet ?
Old 12 Aug 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2268032)   #9
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, but I had a chat with the HSCC team at Coombe and they said that they had been very busy due to the Silverstone Classic and also that one of the team had just left, so I took the old fashioned route and phoned them last week to get a confirmation. I'm out in my GRD for the F3 race, and a Macon for the Formula Ford race.

Matthew
Old 13 Aug 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2268303)   #10
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, I'm doing the U2TC in Alfa - lets hope the weather is kind...
Old 13 Aug 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2268491)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well anouther engine has just arrived for the Galaxie just when i thought i had a weekend of. Looks like i will be flat out installing the endine plus big red oil warning light. Will keep you posted on progress.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2268639)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm staying at home, CC fraud cancelled my card, HSCC didn't acknowledge my entry form, U2TC is way too expensive and quitre frankly I can't be ar5ed!

Spa is the target, and I've got a new engine . . .if I get it finished
Old 15 Aug 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2269713)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Engine in starter does not fit. Hey Ho. Looking good for Oulton if we can get an entry.I might even have Sunday off.Will have to have a tidy up as it seems there is anouther arriving on Monday. " Terrance " !!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Aug 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2269776)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I know I talk drivel, so its just as well I only really talk to myself!

a very nice man said I'm racing, although not for free , but an even nicer lady isn't mad keen on another weekend away in a van with a 2 year old . . . . . . but the HSCC grid for tin tops looks fantastically good, varied, and competitive at all levels, both ends of the pack . . . I think we'd better turn up and slot someowhere in the middle, ITs 1-1 with Mr Benoy in that pesky Imp . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I'm staying at home, CC fraud cancelled my card, HSCC didn't acknowledge my entry form, U2TC is way too expensive and quite frankly I can't be ar5ed!

Spa is the target, and I've got a new engine . . .if I get it finished
Old 15 Aug 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2269785)   #15
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glad your going, after reading the article in Classic Ford I wanted to have a chat with you about my Mk1 Cortina that's been siting in my garage since 95 as my "next winter project". I'm there all weekend so will look out for you.

Matthew
Old 16 Aug 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2269962)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Zef i had the most fun going racing when my kids were that age. Pitching up a tent or sleeping in the truck,they used to love going.Now that they are teenagers my son and daughter dont want to go anywhere near a race track.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2270395)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
As predicted i have today off. Done as much as i can on Galaxie just waiting for new cooler ,filter housing ,pipes ect and were ready for Oulton. Looks like the testing is fully booked on Saturday anyone know if Donnington is available this Thursday.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2270408)   #18
sidsnot
Rookie

sidsnot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the total lack of "Hype" and the emphasis on racing rather than "Off track activities" . When one looks at the size and quality of the entry list, the Gold Cup weekend must rank as one of the most important in the calendar alongside Spa and LMC.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2270417)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Zef i had the most fun going racing when my kids were that age. Pitching up a tent or sleeping in the truck,they used to love going.Now that they are teenagers my son and daughter dont want to go anywhere near a race track.

That worked out rather well Iain,at least your not having to pay for thier racing,did you plan it that way or did it just happen.
Zef,sounds like a good plan!
Old 17 Aug 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2270516)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not so Terrance my daughter show jumps and 18 year old son is on his 4th car allready. Think my daughter might me good at racing as she has no fear what so ever going to get her down to Blackbush this winter and see how she gets on.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2271527)   #21
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there an entry list online ? as I can't see it on the HSCC site.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2271560)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
tthey usually put it up on their website, not sure if its public property as of yet, I can confirm theres lots of saloons going, 4 different types in U2TC

the HSCC should be sponsored by Berty Basset for its assortment of tin tops
Old 19 Aug 2008, 15:38 (Ref:2271609)   #23
Catchpole
Rookie

Catchpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Folks

Any staying over at Oulton on Sunday night?
There will be a jazz band followed by a pub quiz in Chequers.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2271629)   #24
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
tthey usually put it up on their website, not sure if its public property as of yet, I can confirm theres lots of saloons going, 4 different types in U2TC

the HSCC should be sponsored by Berty Basset for its assortment of tin tops

Good news about all the saloons....the public side of the HSCC website hasn't been kept upto date for several months sadly.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2271641)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Were having our Historic FF2000 BBQ Sunday but sound like we could end up in the bar after. My mate Alan Morgan is mega at quizes. Will the questions be all motor racing. If so we would like to put a team in.