Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 May 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2461613)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Racing Car Display

Hi everyone "me and my big mouth". Somehow Ive talked myself into helping the local school to raise money for a new mini bus for them.I'm going to have a racing car /rally car/custom car etc display at my workshops in Stoke Row near Reading on June 14Th.We would like around 30 cars doesn't matter what they are to have on display only for the afternoon.12 to 4 pm,after we will have a BBQ just for the exhibitors and have a good old natter and noggin or two and just chat about how fast we used to be racing.So if anyone can help me please can you e mail for more details on iain@deltamotorsport.co.uk Many thanks Iain Rowley.
Old 13 May 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2461617)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Iain,

We don't really approve of giving out e mail addies on the forum. People should really use PMs? However yours is a business e mail so I'll leave it for now.

Thanks.
Old 13 May 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2461636)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
All the best Iain .We are to far away but would think you can get enough cars in Home Counties to put on a good show .
I am a loss to understand the second post as this is being done for charity and if the boy wants to get cars needs to put his address.The contents(2) are pedantic nonsense.I understand for corporate advertising and self publicity but not a decent charity.
Referees ,as should some in in the Premiership , use some common sense(not we will leave it for now)Damocles sword!

EDIT - JR, if Peter hadn't already replied to you, and in a restrained manner, I would have done some serious editing here, GRUMPY! - JT

Last edited by John Turner; 13 May 2009 at 15:46.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2461638)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John,

You are being mischevious. You know very well that there are security issues with publicising e mail addresses and the site owners take no responsibilty for anything that may occur. Seeing as you have now read the FAQs.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2461648)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Iain like JR my meagre contribution is too far away but you might want to ask Richard Thorne as he must be just round the corner and as well as being a good bloke he is a fellow HSCC man so might be able to help....
Old 13 May 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2461649)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow ive had some responce allready. Sorry Peter i did ok it with JT but admit i did not ask him about e mail address. Hey JR i have a nice bottle of "Pineau Des Charentes" guess we will have to sample at the Classic.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2461653)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No,I don't do Trivia at my age and I am sure Ian knows the situation with publicising his address !Iain ,want a Capri?
Off thread.Does anyone know of a good Low Milage Manual Ferrari 550 for sale.If I can find one via forum will throw a grand into Iains kitty.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2461661)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how low mileage? Hammy did have Eddie Irvine's car for sale not sure if he still has it
Old 13 May 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2461664)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Hammy's car 46000 miles(the one he's advertising ?).He has a big overhead to sort.

Back to Iains thread or we will get *******ed again.

Last edited by John Turner; 14 May 2009 at 13:31. Reason: Autocensor evasion!
Old 13 May 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2461670)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
PM sent John.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2461672)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

quite so...
Old 13 May 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2461682)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kent Ferrari Centre,8,600 miles.
Old 13 May 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2461767)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Iain, I'd pop round the M25 but as my car is a fake D I doubt it would fit in.
Old 13 May 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2461778)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's a racing car isn't it?
Old 13 May 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2461806)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's a racing car isn't it?
Yep, and a winning one as well, (just thought I'd subtly drop that in)
Old 13 May 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2461818)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes please we can park you next the Galaxie.What we are hoping to do is make our locals aware of Motor Racing ,how to get started,how to get involved with supporting the local drivers.We do have a very famous F1 team owner who might make an appearance. I want to have Go Karts FFords, FF2000,F3 cars,all the historic cars,FJ's Historic F1.So anything please will be much appreciated.
Old 13 May 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2461901)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm planning on doing ther same at the playgroup Zef junior attends, they're all under 5, but they literally hover off the ground buzzing when they see anything vaguelly racy and non bling/modern . . . teach them right and they're the future, you never know some of them may even grow up to repsect some history, which would seperatre them from most abusing old cars now
Old 14 May 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2462160)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
And also Joe you get a lot of attention from the lovely scummy young mums..I will post up a list at the weekend of the cars we have got entered then have a look at the gaps. I want cars from all sises of motor sport.So we have got Go Karts, Dragsters, Stock cars and so on. The idea is to introduce the locals to motor sport and how to get involved.
Old 14 May 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2462170)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we also have a Dad with motorbikes, I could introduce them to mods n rockers as well with a few Lambrettas and a Triumph Bonneville . . .not sure how well that would go down though
Old 14 May 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2462181)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
And also Joe you get a lot of attention from the lovely scummy young mums..I will post up a list at the weekend of the cars we have got entered then have a look at the gaps. I want cars from all sises of motor sport.So we have got Go Karts, Dragsters, Stock cars and so on. The idea is to introduce the locals to motor sport and how to get involved.
I hope none of the "Scummy"s read this!
Old 14 May 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2462205)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Good timing.Not many other top line sporting things available now in Reading area!
Old 14 May 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2462282)   #22
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain,

Would you like a couple of marshals to come along and help you out on the day, if so drop either me or Fay a PM. We should both be available and could find you a few more if required.
Old 14 May 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2462323)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Alan one of my idea's was to introduce people to Marshaling as well. George Bunn who works for me is a Marshall but he is on Holiday that week.So yes please i will PM you details.Im overwelmed with the responce from everyone . Thankyou.
Old 14 May 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2462332)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Good timing.Not many other top line sporting things available now in Reading area!
I actually did a motor racing event in Reading years ago probably the only one ever. I believe it was the first and last short circuit race at Reading Stadium and it peeded down the whole night, the pits were reminicent of the Somme. Fortunately I had a Mini that night and it performed reasonably well on the very wet shale track. I think the speedway bikers complained we ripped up the track so that was that.
Old 14 May 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2462363)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We did have our own Hill Climb track called Great Auclum. Just outside Burfield. I went there as a spectator in the late sixties and early seventies.They had a bit of a reunion some years ago which was great fun with lots of the drivers sharing stories and photos.The most famous being Sir Nick Williamson who i knew quite well as he was a retained fireman in Mortimer as i was in Sonning. We would meet up some times if it was a big fire in Reading and talk motor racing.Trouble was Nick had a stutter so it took sometime telling his stories. A lovely man much missed.