Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2572706)   #101
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Getting better!

My money is on closer to 20 than 40.

Kids count as one full fare.

Thanks everyone.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2572857)   #102
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Getting better!

Kids count as one full fare.
quite right, especially when he sees the menu and the Milkshakes!
Old 31 Oct 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2572917)   #103
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Should this be moved to HOT TOPICS(well semi hot!).
Old 31 Oct 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2572941)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
quite right, especially when he sees the menu and the Milkshakes!
What you are telling me they don't still do truckers sized Pie, chips and beans?
Old 31 Oct 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2572985)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
What you are telling me they don't still do truckers sized Pie, chips and beans?
They do but its diet rather than heart attack portions.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2572988)   #106
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ah well better than nothing, at least they have our health in mind.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2573296)   #107
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just order 2 portions Al

I've only been once a few years ago and its more American diner than greasey spoon
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2573297)   #108
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No I will settle for a nice salad or pasta have to watch my waistline these days. ;-)
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2573306)   #109
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No I will settle for a nice salad or pasta have to watch my waistline these days. ;-)
Just like you did at Mallory
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2573307)   #110
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
They didnt do salads. :-)
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2573308)   #111
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neither does the Ace!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2573311)   #112
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats it then pie and chips!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2573543)   #113
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just back from Silverstone and on the way up stoped for deisel ,in the petrol station there was a real old rocker type in his leathers bald head been threw the wars face but warm heart. Bit like Gordon without the hairwith the "ace Cafe" on his back. Anyway plucked up courage and said me and my mates are comming up on the 30th Dec and he said ive got to have the breakfast.I said we are getting there for lunchtime. He told me to go early.Sounds like a plan.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2573682)   #114
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
2 courses in a 4 hour visit, I like your style

just make sure you use real 4*star on the way home so the old girl doesn't pink under the strain
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2573702)   #115
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also just back from Silverstone (wish I'd never gone). Supposed to be working 29th & 30th but will do my best. At least 2 and an old Jag.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2573714)   #116
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Was it bad Colin, I went last year and smashed my car into the wall in the appalling conditions so gave it a miss this year, something about this weekend it always seems wet and miserable.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2573972)   #117
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Also just back from Silverstone (wish I'd never gone). Supposed to be working 29th & 30th but will do my best. At least 2 and an old Jag.
Sorry did not get more of a chance for a chat Colin. Glad your race went well.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2574164)   #118
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Been about five days since anyones voted so suppose numbers will be about 12 from Forum and another 10.Will allow for 25 max at about 11.30 onwards and 20 bikes,cars etc.Hope we would have a few more as its at a landmark motoring place but at least its the cream of this place .Can't expect those north of Watford Gap to turn up but they could organise their own.Looking at addresses on here thought there would be lots of Londeners and Southern experts arrive.Can't all be going to the sales ,with their whatever they are, and I assumed 95% of the workforce have the week off.Where is that Gregor Marshall,he usually returns here from the more upmarket place when something is happening.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2574333)   #119
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was it bad Colin, I went last year and smashed my car into the wall in the appalling conditions so gave it a miss this year, something about this weekend it always seems wet and miserable.
For me, the "wet and miserable" feeling evaporated as soon as I got home and took my soaking shoes and socks off (the refreshing beer may also have played it's part).

mk1mart (who was having his first ever race in one of Iain's FF2000 cars) suffered a similar fate to you, Al. Very unfortunate, as he had driven very tidily in the two qualifying sessions earlier. The conditions this year, before the rain abated, were terrible.

It was amazing that the organisers managed to get the timetable back on track - big thanks to the marshals who were denied a lunch break as a consequence.

Edit - sorry we're getting a bit off the "Ace Cafe" focus, aren't we?

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 2 Nov 2009 at 19:06. Reason: Additional thoughts
Old 3 Nov 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2574557)   #120
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a frustrating weekend although I had a great race on Saturday, the highlight being a long dice with Stuart Scott's Camaro which I managed to keep behind me to the finish. Sunday was just a disaster, I was way off the pace in the wet and even at very reduced speed had a struggle to stay on the track never mind keep up with anyone. In a thinly disguised attempt to keep on topic, I'll bore you all with a detailed account at the Ace!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2575249)   #121
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!

Its a pity as I would really like to be there . But I'll be there in spirit and have a few beers to celebrate !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Nov 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2575403)   #122
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Is Stuarts car a red colour with the later front end than mine Colin? If so I have spoke with him on a US site, would like to have a race against the car if i hadnt such bad memories from last year and if I knew Saturday was going to be dry I would have given it a go, isnt that track treacherous in the wet?. And Gordon is that one of my 10/10ths embroidered patches on your arm or have you been at that Photoshop again? And to bring back on topic I will bring some patches to the cafe if anyone wants one (fiver a pop +vat), very nice product simply iron on. (Gotta find the money for me dinner somehow).
Old 4 Nov 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2575435)   #123
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And Gordon is that one of my 10/10ths embroidered patches on your arm or have you been at that Photoshop again?.
No I make my own iron on ones with these cheap kits.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Nov 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2575445)   #124
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'll be there in spirit and have a few beers to celebrate !
Is that Eurofizz?

One must assume the Larkins chunnel pipeline's got a bit of barley blocking the Supply south
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2575832)   #125
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No I make my own iron on ones with these cheap kits.
Just printed rubbish then