Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2000, 11:47 (Ref:49441)   #1
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rodney Forbes has been getting on my case all year. He just seems to not quite cut it and he seems to make a lot of mistakes. What drivers really annoy you and why.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 13:46 (Ref:49454)   #2
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forbes is there because he can afford it.

The drivers that annoy me are the ones who stay in a category for a long time and never get any better. They are the ones that spend money on "go faster" bits but basically can't drive so it makes no difference. It can't be enjoyable to always be at the rear of the grid. But its their money so its up to them I guess.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 14:53 (Ref:49458)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
PHEW !!!!..for a brief moment when i looked at the heading of this topic I was expecting to come in and see that Rodney forbes has signed to be Mark Skaifes No.2 at HRT for next year...thank godness that isnt the case ...

Rodney has plenty of cash...and has on occasion shown some reasonable speed..but all to often he falls off the black stuff..maybe he will get better with time ..who knows???

Im getting more and more annoyed with the castrol team and especially mr Ingall..but hey on track they are great to watch..if its team managers..jeff grech gets my vote on mr nasty

Old 22 Nov 2000, 16:30 (Ref:49472)   #4
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like what we used to say about Matt Neal a few short years ago...

Hang on, we still do...!!
Old 23 Nov 2000, 00:20 (Ref:49560)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rodney was the butt of a few jokes last Sunday... but Neal did beat him in the end, GOOSE OF THE CENTURY!

I knwo at QR this year for the sprint round, Rodney was a bit of a dud...he would have lost it 30 times over the weekend...at least he gave the crowd something to cheer for

Old 23 Nov 2000, 03:21 (Ref:49589)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You gotta admit though, that paintjob Forbsy had on his VS for the 99 season was beautiful. The effect didn't really present well on TV but in the flesh it changed colour as it went by. Looked nice.

Doulman tends to crash a lot to ? I remember sitting on Momo Corner Oran Park 99 and seeing him stick it into the tyre wall head on.
Old 23 Nov 2000, 05:48 (Ref:49603)   #7
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
C'mon people..... surely...

Dougal McDougal

btw: was anyone else completely astonished/surprised by his decent performance at Bathurst???
Old 23 Nov 2000, 06:07 (Ref:49604)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh Dougal....he truely pulled his finger out after qualifying...
Old 23 Nov 2000, 11:31 (Ref:49625)   #9
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah yes, Mcdougal, The old kilt wearer himself. I remeber watching him at Adelaide this year, hold up Radisich for about 10 laps, as the rat tried to lap him. That one did annoy me no end!!!!

The ones I feel sorry for are the likes of Mark Poole. Ok, it was more a matter of circumstance than any thing else, but he was leading in Canberra for quite a long time. But I suppose he just didnt have that fat cheque book.
Old 23 Nov 2000, 16:36 (Ref:49653)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forbes finished 4th in 98 gtp, thats hardly worthy of making a good v8 supercar driver......obvoiusly does have money.......wynns win bathurst in 99 and waste there time in 2000, what d*ckheads

hrt bore me because there always at the front, i want to see them qualify 15 & 17th, there just to good....steve ellery's a drivers who got money to, he's been around a while for a younger bloke, dougall aint to bad, hes got a good paint job on his car, only question is how long is pepsi gonna like running in 18th in a race