Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3562481)   #576
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read somewhere they've got their official practise soon, I'm guessing that means media is invited.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3562482)   #577
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Spy video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGabsXD9lpY

"Shot at Calabogie MotorSports Park outside Ottawa, Canada."

The downshifting sounds like some sort of shooting too.
The label says 2017 Ford GTE. I thought it is a '2016' (50 years since 1966).
Old 30 Jul 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3562561)   #578
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
The label says 2017 Ford GTE. I thought it is a '2016' (50 years since 1966).
Just a mistake/typo, which they should fix.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3562568)   #579
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Also new promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb1O3xR703I
Old 30 Jul 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3562570)   #580
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Wonderful looking car.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3562571)   #581
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
I will be a ford supporter next year, always rooted for Aston Martin but me and the brother have had fords.

So it's ford all the way
Old 30 Jul 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3562660)   #582
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks better in motion
Old 3 Aug 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3563522)   #583
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Could Ryan Briscoe be in the mix for a seat?

Quote:
It's believed Ryan Briscoe, who has been fast as Hinch's stand-in, is headed for a full-time ride in sports cars.
from http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/11...on-update-no-1
Old 4 Aug 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3563647)   #584
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Could Ryan Briscoe be in the mix for a seat?

from http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/11...on-update-no-1
He has had some time with Corvette, so he has experience. I also wonder if they will nab any nasacar drivers for a fulltime or 3rd driver role. It could raise exposure. Same for a recent f1 driver - yes the allure isn't the same as P1, but I'm sure they could make something work.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3563745)   #585
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Testing at Road America today!

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...merica-photos/

The name of Billy Johnson can be added to the possible-drivers-list.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 17:05 (Ref:3563748)   #586
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure they happened to test here this week so that they can compare times with the GTLM cars who will be on track starting Friday. Wish I was there.....
Old 4 Aug 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3563761)   #587
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Damn that rear diffuser is BIG! Especially on the side view photos of the car.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3563766)   #588
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wonder what kinda lap times they ran?
Old 4 Aug 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3563792)   #589
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Jaguar4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
According to Marshall Pruett it was lapping in the 2m05s range. For reference the 2014 GTLM Pole set by BMW's Z4 was 2m03.7s. Pretty impressive out of the gate.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3563793)   #590
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
MP had an article on Racer that had a 2:05 range for lap times, while last years pole was a 2:03.7.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3563800)   #591
Coach Ep
Veteran

The number 66 didn't dawn on me until now, how cool is that (the #, not my limited brain working slowly! ) I'm getting a bigger fan of the project by the minute, can't wait to see the car in flesh (that'll be Sebring for me)!

Didn't see this one before and since I love to play guessing games, this is one of the better! http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...=1&limitstart=
Old 5 Aug 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3563840)   #592
deggis
Veteran

Finland
https://www.facebook.com/ivo.boric/v...3387472041391/

(link won't work if you're not in the Mulsannes' Corner group)
Old 5 Aug 2015, 04:34 (Ref:3563853)   #593
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...-america-test/
Old 5 Aug 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3563907)   #594
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seeing that it's a two year program from most sources, I'd be surprised if they managed to poach anyone from a team that has a good relationship going. I mean sure, driving a Ford GT with Ganassi at Le Mans and all that would be pretty cool, but if you know it's only going to last two years then I wouldn't think guys would want to leave a place where they might have a longer future going for them.

I guess they could feel that they could earn a place at Ganassi for other future things though... But still, aside from Pruett and Hand I would expect this program to mostly host Ford tied guys like Braun and Johnson and Maxwell, a few Ganassi guys like Dixon for enduros and maybe Karam if funding for Indycars doesn't work out, and the rest be made up of wandering guys doing the pro side of pro/am stuff or ex-factory guys from teams that closed up shop.

Biggest "steal" I would think they could get would be Briscoe, since he has ties with Ganassi already... Maybe Westbrook if he's tired of his GM placing at Spirit of Daytona and annoyed with losing his Corvette Racing seat at Le Mans.

I sorta hope I'm wrong though and they come up with some surprises.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3563944)   #595
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The number 66 didn't dawn on me until now, how cool is that (the #, not my limited brain working slowly! ) I'm getting a bigger fan of the project by the minute, can't wait to see the car in flesh (that'll be Sebring for me)!

Didn't see this one before and since I love to play guessing games, this is one of the better! http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...=1&limitstart=
I just noticed the 66 in those pictures as well. Good stuff!
Old 5 Aug 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3563945)   #596
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They had 66 on the car at the Le Mans launch.

Also it's finally sprouted mirrors, the car at the launch looked rather odd without them.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3563956)   #597
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Seeing that it's a two year program from most sources,
3 years according to Marshal Pruett:

Quote:
The Ford GT program is only scheduled to run through 2018
(from http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...=1&limitstart=)
Old 5 Aug 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3563958)   #598
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Scheduled = budgeted/greenlighted for now?
Old 5 Aug 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3563987)   #599
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Scheduled = budgeted/greenlighted for now?
You just never know. I don't remember Dodge putting an expiration date on the Viper program, it just happened one day. Maybe Ford says 3 years, but decides they like racing and stick around to become part of the landscape. I mean we don't hear about 2 or 3 year plans from Ferrari, Porsche or Corvette, we just expect them to be there.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 03:29 (Ref:3564060)   #600
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The diffuser is nuts. Really, the whole back of the car is.