Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jan 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1496003)   #801
nkracing5
Rookie

Australia
melb
nkracing5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Its still a historically significant car... if slow...

To me the thing doesnt look as 'shiny' as it did when Moff ran it...

This is the car that was wrecked at Bathurst by Alan Heath, and rebuilt by the SA TAFE....
GTRmagic yea your rigth there are a lot of bits missing from it when moff had it and i wonder how much of the original is there, as heathy desrtoyed the car
it was said the hit was so big that it broke the engine block
on the up side to that the spare is still brand new in my shop i bet ya didnt know there was a spare chassie

nkracing
Old 6 Jan 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1496006)   #802
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently in 1993, GSR helped with the construction of the Moffat Falcon but it still took a fair amount of time to complete.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1496009)   #803
nkracing5
Rookie

Australia
melb
nkracing5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
"XE Falcon Group C Touring Car 1982 Shepherd built for Alan Jones. Driven by Bob Morris. 83 driven by Andrew Harris & 84 by Paul Jones. Currently painted in greenstuf colours. Car is fully restored and in immaculate condition. Original log book & history available. Serious enquiries only $155,000."

This one confuses me
Car claims to be original Bob Morris/Alan Jones XE, tehn claims to be fully restored immaculate but is painted as DJR Greenstuff 17?

Surely Full resto would put it back to one of it's real paint jobs. And the Bob Morris XE was a good looking car.

Thinking as I type now, Maybe this is the car DJ used at Bathurst after his Greenstuff got wrecked in the shootout? I seem to remember that it was an EX Alan Jones, Sheppard built machine, in which case its a real piece of history. (DJ said it was a peice of $h!+ actually)

IT is the morris car and ect
the car had been sitting around for years when i gave garry the phone no to who had it he did the deal and got it it was in poor shape he had done a great job on it and spent a lot of money on it,he has every right to have it in greenstuff as that is the way it was raced on sunday morning after we spent the night rebuilding but personly i would of had it in either morris of 82 or paul jones 84 colours but greenstuff history makes it worth 4 times more and is the most famous groupc car of all
nkracing
Old 6 Jan 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1496153)   #804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The owners of AU Falcon V8Supercars might have a new (and lucrative!) market in the UK. Based on this ad at STG 49,999 the seller would get rid of a car worth probably A$80 for A$125k.

Perhaps Mr Tratt should get rid of his last AU over there.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jan 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1496154)   #805
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkracing5
GTRmagic yea your rigth there are a lot of bits missing from it when moff had it and i wonder how much of the original is there, as heathy desrtoyed the car
it was said the hit was so big that it broke the engine block
on the up side to that the spare is still brand new in my shop i bet ya didnt know there was a spare chassie

nkracing
Why would they need a spare chassis?? Is it a full chassis, or only a built up shell?
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1496171)   #806
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One would think that Mr Moffat would have been able to talk his way into two shells from the Blue Oval for his racing Project and only come up with the funding, time and other support to run one? Number two never seeing the light of day?
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1496176)   #807
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I wonder if the loudest exhaust system ever used on a V8Supercar is still attached to that car? It was ear piercingly loud.... noisy... and would damage the ears at full noise....

If I remember rightly, didnt the 5 speed Holinger get replaced with a GMS-prepared 6 speeder while it was still in Banana Boat/Cenovis colours?
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1496185)   #808
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Not only was it loud but it sounded like CR@P, too different to an XC ute at a B&S!!
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1496189)   #809
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The owners of AU Falcon V8Supercars might have a new (and lucrative!) market in the UK. Based on this ad at STG 49,999 the seller would get rid of a car worth probably A$80 for A$125k.

Perhaps Mr Tratt should get rid of his last AU over there.....
What he wants for it and what he gets are 2 different things. This car is actually the other Toll AU. Adam Sharpe Motorsport have another AU, an ex Paul Weel chassis.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1496395)   #810
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the real value not the asking price

As an interested observer of race car sales, I always stay across auctions rather than ads.
Last one I can think of in Aus was one of the Moffatt 1-2 Bathurst cars picked up by David Bowden at auction for $77k a couple of years back.

Anyone got any facts that would like to share?
Old 6 Jan 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1496487)   #811
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spare shells ???? here we go again!!!!

There is also an EB shell in Tassie, the one that Les Small built , took to Bathurst to sell and it never ever did. What use are they ?? wont even make a good sports sedan
Old 6 Jan 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1496507)   #812
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This is the Moffat car in Mr Heath's hands....

Old 7 Jan 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1496582)   #813
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not really once you pay transportation costs, VAT and import duty, it comes out about the same.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 07:33 (Ref:1496633)   #814
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
These Mondeos are still priced pretty cheaply... for the whizzbang spec they started life with anyway...

Mondeo #1

Mondeo #2
Old 7 Jan 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1496698)   #815
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Is the Toll/Tratt AU that is up for sale the one that Paul Little Racing debuted at Barbagallo in 2000? If so, then this particular chassis didn't go like the blur that Mr Tratt was boasting it would when the chassis was completed.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1496701)   #816
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I think it is later than that SF... the team had 2 AUs, the second one only got 8 months of track time or somethine before the team debuted its BA.

The first AU is in Europe, and is the one for sale in Adam Sharpe's ad above.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1496703)   #817
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Thank you, GTR.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 01:23 (Ref:1497085)   #818
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of Tratt's AUs come from the original Supercheap Team that was built by John Briggs before he acquired the CAT team with John Bowe team from WA.

I am not sure which one that is though. I have a feeling it was garaged for a couple of years and resurrected in 2002, therefore it might be the one currently for sale.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 02:21 (Ref:1497103)   #819
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
They are both for sale B!tchie, the '2002' car from Mr Tratt, and the older car from Mr Sharpe....
Old 9 Jan 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1497682)   #820
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tchie Renault
One of Tratt's AUs come from the original Supercheap Team that was built by John Briggs before he acquired the CAT team with John Bowe team from WA.

I am not sure which one that is though. I have a feeling it was garaged for a couple of years and resurrected in 2002, therefore it might be the one currently for sale.
The 1st Toll AU debuted at the Phillip Island round in 99. The 2nd AU was the car that John Briggs debuted at the Adelaide 500 in 99 and raced for the remainder of the year. It was sold to Toll and after a major rebuild first raced at Bathurst in 01.

I think both cars were used until the BA was debuted at Oran Park in 03.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1500973)   #821
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I presumed there was only one Lotus Esprit turbo that race here with mr Perkins, Mr Jones and eventually Mr Freestone... but the dates dont match... anywsy, the ad is........

Right Here

I always liked the shape of the car, but maybe thats because they looked so good in the movie 'Basic Instinct'
Old 14 Jan 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1501004)   #822
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I presumed there was only one Lotus Esprit turbo that race here with mr Perkins, Mr Jones and eventually Mr Freestone... but the dates dont match... anywsy, the ad is........
Which dates don't match up? The page says it was air-freighted to Australia in February 1993; the car's debut at the 12 Hour was at Easter. They don't mention when the car won the GT series.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1501354)   #823
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Right Here

I always liked the shape of the car, but maybe thats because they looked so good in the movie 'Basic Instinct'
Like you watched it for the cars.....
Old 15 Jan 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1501412)   #824
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
IIRC the car that came to Aus was transformed at one stage to full GT spec, after initially being a N/A, maybe V8, car? Or was there two cars.

There was another driver, Mr Bosnjak, who had a little sucess, maybe in a wet Calder race in '95 or '96?
Old 15 Jan 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1501447)   #825
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I thought it was a turbo at Bathurst for the 12 hr, but not sure what happened to it after that....

Anyone want to buy a dual championship winning Lambo Here

I dont think this chassis is the B24 yellow one though....