Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2486408)   #1
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
stuartscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Lloyd's Camaro

I have recently purchased the 1971 Camaro Z28 that Richard Lloyd had used on the Tour Britannia the last few years. I would like to restore it to how the original car looked in the 70's and was wondering if any one had any pictures of the original car.
Many thanks
Old 19 Jun 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2486414)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have one of Richard's car in the BTCC I believe back in the 70's, its in a book on Camaros I have at home, if I get the chance I will scan it in tonight. Thats a lovely looking car you have there and very quick as I raced against it last year in the WHT supports I also just grenaded the old engine that was originally in the car before Peter Knight worked his magic on it, I thought it looked pretty original as is. There is an open place for it where I race in Classic Touring Car Racing Clubs Post Historics where it would fit in beautifully.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2486466)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I happen to have one of it on the Texaco Tour,it was stopped just outside of my house which just happened to be the end of the special stage. James Hunt was at the wheel at the time.I will have to search for it
but have a pretty good idea of where it is,I had promised it to Richard a week before his departure,but then I lost interest in looking for it.From memory though,Richard did get the recreation pretty accurate to the original.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2486529)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
BTW I have digititised a set of original GM RS stripes from a stencil kit so can produce them in vinyl if thats of any interest to you. I cannot remember whether the car had them or not.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2486938)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have scanned these in plus article which may be of interest, I would think it is the same car (look at teh vinyl roof) but the livery may have been changed but there is mention of Hunts entry in the text.

Old 20 Jun 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2487004)   #6
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
Thanks Al for the article. I have entered the Tour Britannia this year with the Camaro and I am also looking at some historic track events.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2487065)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish you more luck than Richard had on its first one Stuart,constant little niggles through-out.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2487113)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think judging by the way Alan was literally giving it to some of the Chevrons in the wet at the WHT support last year that its fully sorted now! Good luck with it they are great cars and I personally think better than the 1st gen.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2487147)   #9
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
Thanks guys for all your comments. It is in the bodyshop as we speak having a little tlc prior to the Tour. I drove it at Silverstone two weeks ago for the firrst time and was amazed how quick it was. Breaks were a little suspect but the handleing was brilliant.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2487167)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What is the brake set up, I have a good pair of 11" grooved discs and uprated pads (several sets I think) for standard calipers that came with the ex Lloyd engine I bought and they are no good to me as I use Wilewoods and Brembos on a set up I fabricated and some 3rd gen discs so these can be purchased very reasonably. Shame I smashed my car in qually at the WHT as I felt a bit nervous in the race after we taped it up because if it had been dry my better brake set up may have meant I could have stayed with Alan a bit better although I had one of my own engines not a Pete Knight one like yours unfortunately. Just building another engine in preparation for the CTCRC Lydden Hill Historic Festival on the 25 July, fancy entering? It will be a great event and reasonable entry at £150 with 2nd race entry at just £90.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3230330)   #11
voiceofreason
Rookie

voiceofreason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Lloyd's Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Original One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartscott View Post
I have recently purchased the 1971 Camaro Z28 that Richard Lloyd had used on the Tour Britannia the last few years. I would like to restore it to how the original car looked in the 70's and was wondering if any one had any pictures of the original car.
Many thanks
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._1533280_n.jpg

Here is a picture of me with Richard Lloyd and Alan Rivers in 1972 !