Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Oct 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3775059)   #1176
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like USCR is getting stronger, not only with di Resta getting a drive, but also Jense and Fred being interested in the series. Seems it can only get better. It's becoming as popular as the old IMSA series
Old 19 Oct 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3775083)   #1177
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I don't believe so - Hartley and Senna fulfilled those roles during the recent Petit so there could be an opening for Button although the two aforementioned where excellent additions to the driving squad - if I were ESM I would resign them in a heartbeat (schedules allowing).

I'd be very happy to see both Senna and Hartley back they were both great for ESM this year. Senna often seems to be under appreciated. I personally would love to see him back in Mclarens in Blancpain too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Oct 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3775093)   #1178
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Absolutely solid driver, massively underrated in F1, he's shown some brilliant speed in DTM this year, excited to see how he fairs in P2, let's hope the Ligier can be competitive

S365 reporting Alonso still a possibility to join Di Resta and Will Owen in that car.

Says Button now ruled out for UA, so that could potentially mean he's running elsewhere in the field

Here's a far out question for you all-

DSC said this week Button could well end up in a Nissan in Super GT. if so, maybe part of the deal is to run either the Florida 36, or full NAEC with a Nissan engines DPi team.... so ESM?

Do ESM Have confirmed endurance drivers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
I don't believe so - Hartley and Senna fulfilled those roles during the recent Petit so there could be an opening for Button although the two aforementioned where excellent additions to the driving squad - if I were ESM I would resign them in a heartbeat (schedules allowing).
The only stumbling block for Hartley signing is his likely running in Indy cars with CGR/Honda for 2018 but don't think any of the NAEC conflicts with Indy's schedule. A few are the week preceding an Indy round but no direct conflicts with NAEC, 3 'regular' season races are. But testing schedule and team requirements could limit that.

Course he could run well this weekend in Austin and be kept in the Toro Rosso fold for 2018 as third driver or the last driver left standing stuck having to drive the STR Honda
Old 19 Oct 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3775104)   #1179
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hartley getting his run in F1 with the current Renault engined Toro Rosso, and the Nissan ESM. But Toro Rosso moves to Honda next year. If Hartley stays on, does he continue his Indycar future or stay in F1? I think that's one to look for. Same with Button. He may not drive the United Autosports car, but he'll be linked to McLaren still. With a possibility of Nissan/Renault drives. Maybe in Super GT, maybe in IMSA.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3775266)   #1180
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or is button either super fickle or just unavailable to drive stuff. He is rumored all the time, but nothing ever materializes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Oct 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3775273)   #1181
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ma...eturn-in-2018/
Old 20 Oct 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3775295)   #1182
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having Magnus back would be great. It looks like two strong teams will be back in IMSA with Audi's next season.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3775305)   #1183
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Emotional tribute to the soon to be dissolved Prototype Challenge Class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC8goRJHis
Those memories, I won't ever forget them...
Old 21 Oct 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3775354)   #1184
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty darn funny

Old 21 Oct 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3775398)   #1185
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Is it just me or is button either super fickle or just unavailable to drive stuff. He is rumored all the time, but nothing ever materializes..

I tend to agree. Has he raced anything since his fill-in driver role at Monaco last year, when he was toddling around in 20th place?
Old 21 Oct 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3775399)   #1186
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I tend to agree. Has he raced anything since his fill-in driver role at Monaco last year, when he was toddling around in 20th place?
He raced in the SuperGT Suzuka 1000km. Finished 12th, but they were faster than they appeared - had a couple of punctures and some penalties.

Button reminds me of Webber. I was a bit disappointed when Webber had a bit of a stroppy go at V8SC and Blancpain because they weren't fast enough for him. He was almost insulted at being asked if he'd run the Bathurst 1000. Shame.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3775508)   #1187
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
He did a Super GT race at Suzuka a few months after that.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3775872)   #1188
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Beginning to sound like a done deal:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/al...olex-24-drive/

(Alonso, not Button)
Old 23 Oct 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3775886)   #1189
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"Alonso has directly confirmed he is interested"

Not a done deal to me.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3775910)   #1190
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
"Alonso has directly confirmed he is interested"

Not a done deal to me.
I am also interested. Just wanted to put that out there!
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3775929)   #1191
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I have to say something.

After the events of yesterday's GP, I'm just that much more glad that IMSA switched out CotA for Mid Ohio in 2018.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3775963)   #1192
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I am also interested. Just wanted to put that out there!
You would be a great Gurney flap!
Old 23 Oct 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3775980)   #1193
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR1 Confirms Riley LMP2 for 2018

hmmm let's see

Quote:
“I’ve seen first hand the changes they have made for 2018 and they are impressive. They have definitely done their homework and the initial testing results from overseas are exceeding everyone’s expectations.”
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ba...lmp2-for-2018/
Old 23 Oct 2017, 22:41 (Ref:3775981)   #1194
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll give them bold.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3775983)   #1195
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I have to say something.

After the events of yesterday's GP, I'm just that much more glad that IMSA switched out CotA for Mid Ohio in 2018.
Luckily IMSA doesn't have things like rules or integrity to compromise anyways.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3775991)   #1196
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
And F1 DOES have those things currently? lol

I think I can feel pretty good about ~40-car fields covering three classes, and having Road America, VIRginia, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio, Mosport, and Lime Rock all on the schedule.

Get a McLaren in GTD and a second Ferrari in GTLM and things would be about as perfect as I can imagine. (The only other things that really come to mind would be a race at Mont Tremblant, and perhaps one at Sears Point as well.)
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3775994)   #1197
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
You would be a great Gurney flap!
Lol, thanks!
Old 24 Oct 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3776005)   #1198
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
BAR1 Confirms Riley LMP2 for 2018

hmmm let's see

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ba...lmp2-for-2018/
Sounds like a mainly cost driven deal (read: Adler got a bargain on the Riley) with the possible added bonus of a considerably improved car for free. I feel BAR1's P2 business model is very similar to their, now defunct, PC one. Unfortunately that means a lot of very healthy but also very slow amateur drivers who really shouldn't be in IMSA premier racing series - let alone in the premier class.

I'd better order some more yellow flags for at the race track, the current ones might wear out quickly...
Old 24 Oct 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3776022)   #1199
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like a mainly cost driven deal (read: Adler got a bargain on the Riley) with the possible added bonus of a considerably improved car for free. I feel BAR1's P2 business model is very similar to their, now defunct, PC one. Unfortunately that means a lot of very healthy but also very slow amateur drivers who really shouldn't be in IMSA premier racing series - let alone in the premier class.

I'd better order some more yellow flags for at the race track, the current ones might wear out quickly...
I beginning to think that a Pro/Am P class limited to to ACO P2s is starting to make a lot of sense to IMSA.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3776028)   #1200
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

All the joker upgrades will come for free. The price for the p2's with the jokers should be the exact same as it was before. So if what you're suggesting is true, the Riley must be a bargain! I guess they have to price it competitively since it's pace wasn't