Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 11 Nov 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2984264)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The latest MSA scam

Sorry, just got to get an MSA whinge off my chest so here goes.

Thanks to parents fighting at junior karting events, parents/guardians from 2012 will have to hold a Kart PG Entrant Licence, so we can have it endorsed if we have a "full and frank discussion" in the pit lane.

I'd heard it was going to be a nominal amount but it came through at SIXTEEN POUNDS - that's not nominal, a fiver's nominal, sixteen pounds is a round of drinks! Or to put it another way, more fuel than Alex uses in a kart race meeting.

I mean, how much does it cost to press a button and get a plastic card? And let's be honest, even if 2% of parents fight (and I've never seen it at an MSA meeting at Clay) that's 98% who don't and are inconvenienced.

Another money making scheme!

Sorry, rant over!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2984267)   #2
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You only have to look at the number of judicials that go before the MSA to see that it IS a problem.

It is the main reason I don't go to kart meetings any more.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2984269)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason you dont see it at Clay is that Howie doesnt allow it. I'd be careful with this bolshy talk too, he might take it as 'Verbal Assault'!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2984270)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry posted in wrong forum in error. Never post when cross...
Old 11 Nov 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2984329)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Sorry posted in wrong forum in error. Never post when cross...
Moved from Racers to Karts. Why can't they just carry on banning the children of the offender, that would hurt the parents more than a licence endorsement.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2984371)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway dont **** with MSA stewards is the key message. Although I did see one punched at Forest once.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2984374)   #7
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen a few punch-ups down the years when taking fotos for Karting Magazine.

Makes some meetings quite exciting ...
Old 11 Nov 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2984406)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

Thanks for moving it Tim.

Yes I see the need for the licence, sadly, but add a fiver to the junior kart licence and job done. Admin required for penalties etc? Then fine the miscreant. Despite what everyone thinks, it's only a minority of trouble makers in club racing, make them pay not all of us who are out for a good time.

I can think of several problems now...do I need one for me and one for my wife when we take Alex karting? There will be times when I would like a friend to take Alex, will he need a separate licence. What are the sanctions for me forgetting the licence, is the junior racer not allowed to race? Seems harsh, and the very penalty the PG Licence was meant to overcome.

Heigh ho, more ruddy bureaucracy.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2984423)   #9
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Although I did see one punched at Forest once.
Always disappointing to see an MSA Steward punched just the once....
Old 11 Nov 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2984451)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
It was a case of mistaken identity...
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2984518)   #11
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
........... but I'll remember your name!!!

p.s. I am one in case you hadn't guessed !
Old 11 Nov 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2984534)   #12
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good move IMO
Parents have (in the small minority) been a continual problem.
£16 is nothing compared to a season of racing and if it reduces the problem on and off track, it is money well spent.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2984537)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
........... but I'll remember your name!!!

p.s. I am one in case you hadn't guessed !
I think I'd pity anyone who tried it on Claire.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2984725)   #14
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its hardly a scam i'd say, the behviour is an issue and as others have said when you look at the overal cost whats £16 in the greater scheme of things it wouldnt even buy you 4 greasy breakfasts

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2984727)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

Oh it's not the amount, but yet more hassle, something else to have petty fogging bureaucracy over. Something else to apply for. Something else to forget. More work for the backroom team at signing on.

The stock answer is always "oh compared to the cost of a season it's nothing." you're right, it's not, but it's salami tactics in reverse. Always something else to pay for before you even set foot on a race track.

It's such an unimaginative, bossy, meddling way of dealing with the situation. There are rules there already, why not enforce what there are?

F'r instance, Little Johnny's dad is abusive so gets his licence revoked. LJ now runs under someone else's licence, dad still turns up and is abusive but now there's no sanction because he's lost his licence anyway! How's that going to improve the situation then?

What's worse is it probably means we will now get FOUR copies of that blessed MSA magazine with its attendant spam inserts!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2984737)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh it's not the amount, but yet more hassle, something else to have petty fogging bureaucracy over. Something else to apply for. Something else to forget. More work for the backroom team at signing on.

The stock answer is always "oh compared to the cost of a season it's nothing." you're right, it's not, but it's salami tactics in reverse. Always something else to pay for before you even set foot on a race track.
Agreed and if you add all these unnecessary "oh compared to the cost of a season it's nothing" items up I bet you'd be paying for a race entry or two each year.