Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Oct 2012, 06:43 (Ref:3158831)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MotoGP Round 17 - Australian Grand Prix

Good day for the Aussies thru the classes - Moto GP was boring at the front, dice between Dovi, Bautista & Bradl wasnt bad...
Old 28 Oct 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3158859)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Good day for the Aussies thru the classes - Moto GP was boring at the front, dice between Dovi, Bautista & Bradl wasnt bad...

yourgay lorenzo the world champion!!! yep havent seen much of the lower class bike racing lately, but how good was the Moto 3 race, waaaaaay more exciting then the main one. also was the Moto 2, Marc is gonna do well in the Honda bike. how come half of the whole circus are full of spanish riders?

the GP race was over before it started, good on lorenzo id rather him then Dani pedrosa. at least those guys have personality! Casey did ok to stay on the bike, but 6 years PI wins in a row? I doubt anyone will beat that.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 02:28 (Ref:3159302)   #3
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful weekend of real racing, where you can watch the guys in action without being cosseted in cockpits and cabins.

No doubt Moto 3 and 2 are sensational to watch with such close racing.

Well done to Arthur, Ant and Casey and of course Jorge and Marc.

I have a question though.
Why at the Moto 2 presentation did Ant not pick up the Champagne bottle and spray as the other two were?
1st and 3rd place did in fact not even spray Ant. He just stood there doing nothing.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3159313)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think its got to do with the race team West is in - Qatari team = alcohol is the devil, didnt spray it in Malaysia either
Old 29 Oct 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3159327)   #5
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah okay. That makes sense. Good of the other two in respecting that.

I missed him on the podium in Malaysia as we were out.

Very good to see him having a real go.....He rode his A55 off.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3159349)   #6
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can't believe I missed that. Wasn't expecting Sissis to get a podium and I definitely wasn't expecting West to back up with another podium. A rare day I was scheduled to play cricket on a sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Casey did ok to stay on the bike, but 6 years PI wins in a row? I doubt anyone will beat that.
6 at PI? 6 at a home race? 6 anywhere? Rossi has won the Italian GP 7 times on the trot.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3159361)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I can't believe I missed that. Wasn't expecting Sissis to get a podium and I definitely wasn't expecting West to back up with another podium. A rare day I was scheduled to play cricket on a sunday.

6 at PI? 6 at a home race? 6 anywhere? Rossi has won the Italian GP 7 times on the trot.
cricket = lame sport

Yeah Phillip Island, Stoner had 7 chances and got 6 home wins. Rossi had 13 chances for his 7. I suk at maths LOL, but according to my calulations thats 85% success rate compared to Rossi's 53%
Old 29 Oct 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3159366)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PLease stop this Stoner/Rossi rubbish guys. Both different, both dominant in thier own way.

Just be glad for once that you have a rider that dominates his sport at his track. If not elsewhere.

Oh wait, you only sing when yer winning dont you?

#thisiswhyweloveaussiessopredictable
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3159375)   #9
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
PLease stop this Stoner/Rossi rubbish guys. Both different, both dominant in thier own way.

Just be glad for once that you have a rider that dominates his sport at his track. If not elsewhere.

Oh wait, you only sing when yer winning dont you?

#thisiswhyweloveaussiessopredictable

sounds like some perticular threads on here
Old 29 Oct 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3159432)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont get you.

But never mind, the lad is the best out there, has been for a few years and would have won the title this year too.

But remember why, the Aussies wouldnt let him race in Australia as a kid, so he came to the UK, we had a part to play too!! As did the Spanish.

Just like Gardner, Bayliss, Richards, Vermuelen, Roberts, McConnell, McCarthy, Young, Coxhell, etc etc etc.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3159853)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Just like Gardner, Bayliss, Richards, Vermuelen, Roberts, McConnell, McCarthy, Young, Coxhell, etc etc etc.
McCarthy & Coxhell won Aussie Superbike titles before heading O/S - you can claim the rest
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3159951)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
End of the year/career, an Aussie dominates a race, two other Aussie podiums, Aussie posters all of a sudden show up in the bikes forum...

Why can't you guys post all year round?
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:15 (Ref:3159954)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's to the man. I'll always remember him in red.
Attached Thumbnails
The Champ.jpg  
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:35 (Ref:3159958)   #14
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
End of the year/career, an Aussie dominates a race, two other Aussie podiums, Aussie posters all of a sudden show up in the bikes forum...

no really a big fan of bike racing sry, more exciting when someone respresent ur country though, and thats actually in the race too see.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3159983)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Nice one j.

My point exactly, not sure if we are patriotic enough, but it does seem that way on here.

I think this was the point to my original postings in here years ago about Mr West and bless him good old bum Mr Gobert
Old 30 Oct 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3160043)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Problem is that no Americans or Englishmen come on here when one of there own do well at there home GP, infact where are the posters from your neck of woods 365 days of the year? Get over it, be thankful someone posts here that gives you something to talk/whinge about!
Old 30 Oct 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3160091)   #17
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Problem is that no Americans or Englishmen come on here when one of there own do well at there home GP, infact where are the posters from your neck of woods 365 days of the year? Get over it, be thankful someone posts here that gives you something to talk/whinge about!

Lol too true
Old 30 Oct 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3160158)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I don't need someone from my country to do well to get excited about watching/talking about bike racing. It's the purist form of motorsport that there is, and when it's done proper, then it is epic indeed. Flags are pointless in this arena. It was fun watching Hayden win his title, but I still got more of a buzz watching the epic races from that year, and most of those were won by Rossi. I just love sport. Maybe I would say different if I had been watching in the 80's and 90's, but I doubt it.

Quote:
You should know me better than that by now...
Old 30 Oct 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3160185)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The thing is about this, as soon as you take the mickey out of an Aussie for singing when your winning, they always rise to the bait, which means you just do it all the more!

I dont give the slightest damn about who is racing, yes I agree it is always better to cheer someone from your own town or country, but plenty of Aussies hated Doohan, more so Gardner and even more so Stoner.

I didnt really like Fogarty, Mackenzie is a Jock as were Mcconnachi and Mcleod when Iw as young the only guys doing any good!

Now we have a glut of decent Brits in WSBK and GP, so it's nicer, but crowds dont change much, Rossi did more for crowds than any Brit.

Just give it back, it's more fun then!! There is no offence meant
Old 30 Oct 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3160242)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
If it were regular posters in bikes I wouldn't care at all and would be happy to listen and trade barbs. I rarely watch F1 and wouldn't go in there to post if an American was racing and happened to do well. That's it for me on the subject.

Now what would I like to see? An actual race between the three aliens at Valencia. Foolish dream, but one can hope.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3160270)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
only three?? .. you mean those riding hondas or yamahas
there's always next year

Ciao Marco
Old 31 Oct 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3160534)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Rightio, so Australians only get excited about Aussie bike riders? Rossi, who is he? Every 2nd rider on the road wore his helmet 5 years ago - Not very popular, hey...
Did you know that Wayne Rainey said after an Aussie GP that he was more popular/respected by Aussie fans than fans in the US - he was a hero here when he came back in a wheelchair!
Don't insult our intelligence that we aren't fans of riders world wide - do you want a golf clap because you don't want to be seen cheering for one of your own... Whatever!
Old 31 Oct 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3160546)   #23
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
I like Rossi myself, cant wait to see how he goes being the #2 rider for Yamaha lol... he has personality! Stoner has a better riding style.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3160547)   #24
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post

Im normally here lurking, just the quiet type

and to be brief ill just 2nd Jhansen and gomick .....

Ill always support Aussies, well most of the time - but that didnt stop me cheering for Pol, Lorenzo, Biaggi, etc
Old 31 Oct 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3160649)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Exactly j

Noone is saying that Aussies dont support other riders, of course not. What we are saying is that you appear from under the rock all of a sudden when there is a GP in your country and some locals lads do well. When Kocincki was riding you saw his lid everywhere in the UK, and Kagayama. We loved him here. Proper bloke and hard as nails.

It's the same in the UK, you get journalists everywhere talking about F1 when the GP is here, and if there is a Brit leading a championship it gets even worse!

I watched the Rainey thing, it was at Eastern Creek in 94, he was invited over by Gardner and taken round in a V8, was amazing. But he was also launching his 250 team for Keny Jr.

Prost used to say he felt more welcome in the UK than anywhere else, he drove for a UK team and teh French press were so hard on him, I always like Alain as a result.

As for this section, it is very slow and tired, there are few places on the net where people can have a good fan debate about bike racing, sadly this forum is a proper endurance fest, most people here are obsessed with Le Mans, its a very popular part of the forum.

Be nice if bike racing was too thats all, and you guys can contribute, its always fun to have a good argument.

Just dont be so stereotypical x (thats for you gom)