Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3167293)   #26
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Peter Hackett come on down?
Oh hell no! That'd be a step in the wrong direction.

If this is true then Im quite sad. The Giz is a real talent and I'd sorely miss his presence in the championship, I dont care what car he drives as long as hes still there and racing. This championship needs guys like him to counter balance the old guys
Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3167301)   #27
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So now we have drivers retiring burnt out at 23??

I'm not a big fan of getting drivers into cars at 13, 14 years old, although there are reasons for it.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3167302)   #28
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Burnt out or interested in doing something else?

Two different things
Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3167303)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who was the youngest to enter a V8SC race?

Was it Layton Crambrook?
Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:47 (Ref:3167305)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nup, don't believe it, what I think is happening here is SVG wants to leave the Erebus/SBR/AMG deal in order to race for Charlie. Erebus are in turn playing hardball, refusing to release him, so SVG and his manager are now having a 'staring competition' with Erebus, seeing who blinks first.

'If' all that is correct, it adds further to the (apparent) line of Mercedes Benz who say they are on a hiding to nothing in V8 Supercars, if they win they will be seen as German bullies against the Australians, if they lose it will be embarassing, I wouldnt want to be the new team that is also responsible for a young and popular driver leaving the sport...

'If' all that is correct that is...
Old 17 Nov 2012, 02:24 (Ref:3167314)   #31
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Who was the youngest to enter a V8SC race?

Was it Layton Crambrook?
Paul Dumbrell, aged 16 years, at Symmons Plains in 1999

Crambrook was pretty young though in his debut that year at Calder, but he was 17 at the time. Graham Gulson & Bryan Sala were all around 17 as well when they made their ATCC debuts too
Old 17 Nov 2012, 02:40 (Ref:3167317)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good man, thanks!
Old 17 Nov 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3167327)   #33
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about that whipper snapper that did Bathurst last year alongside Denyer, wasn't he younger than Dumbrell when he debut?
Old 17 Nov 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3167348)   #34
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Only positive thing, he did not go to Holden. lol
I'd like to see him come over. He could have crashney's seat at HRT.
He's worth picking up. Mind you just about any driver in the series would be a worthwhile replacement. And plenty outside of it.

So Shane, what do you say ? Ditch sbr- who've done SFA since dirty marcos left and come over to a team with potential.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3167356)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
I'd like to see him come over. He could have crashney's seat at HRT.
He's worth picking up. Mind you just about any driver in the series would be a worthwhile replacement. And plenty outside of it.

So Shane, what do you say ? Ditch sbr- who've done SFA since dirty marcos left and come over to a team with potential.
Potential?

The boss of the place is STILL blaming the lack of performance on the 'Skaife ownership era' Here.. and he hasnt stepped foot in the place since 2008.

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Nov 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3167365)   #36
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad day for the V8's if the Giz quits.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3167380)   #37
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Potential?

The boss of the place is STILL blaming the lack of performance on the 'Skaife ownership era' Here.. and he hasnt stepped foot in the place since 2008.

He's a big fan of Skaife isn't he
Old 17 Nov 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3167389)   #38
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good thing that disco boy, has taken on rebuilding the once mighty HRT, perhaps when he has finished that he can develop a cure for cancer, world peace etc!
Old 17 Nov 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3167523)   #39
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Pathetic! The reason HRT got into trouble is because TWR went broke!

Also the championship positions show a decline after Skaife's tenure:

With Skaife 2008 3rd+14th...
Post Skaife 2009 HRT drivers were 2nd+3rd...
2010 5th+22nd...
Last year 5th+10th...
This year currently 7th+11th...
Old 17 Nov 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3167541)   #40
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSV was more competitive but they shut it down
Old 17 Nov 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3167624)   #41
wick
Rookie

wick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Junior issued a Pres Release yet saying he is available for the SBR gig & would be prepared to walk away from ford?
Old 17 Nov 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3167626)   #42
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the news is true that it is burn out clearly the guy does not have the mental toughness long term.

Hope Ryan Maddison gets someone like Maro Engel in the team now.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3167667)   #43
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With all the talk and rumours and articles and comments by other drivers. And dead silence from SVG. I'm going to go with it being true. Hope I'm wrong though
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3167672)   #44
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Article in the Sun-Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...117-29j9y.html
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3167674)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It isnt unusual, Casey Stoner is doing something similar, for similar reported reasons..

If this was still an SBR operation, and the relationship was still good, Mr McLaughlin would likely have been a walk up start...
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3167701)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wow Greg Murphy to SBR.

that would be a turn up
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3167703)   #47
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If this was still an SBR operation, and the relationship was still good, Mr McLaughlin would likely have been a walk up start...
And if he hasn't already signed for Tekno or GRM?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3167705)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But SBR isnt a 'Kiwi kingdom' any more

There is a new sheriff in town and I shouldnt think that a driver with patina but no recent shine would secure the seat over a fast import perhaps...

We shall see..
Old 18 Nov 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3167773)   #49
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not in the industry, but being involved with sports, Shane needs to tread carefully with this situation.

No-one wants a burnt out, unmotivated star, but no-one wants a contract breaker and fragile good either, regardless of the talent.

I also worry about the FPR / Swerkolt rumour. Even if it's only a rumour, and even though it's not FPR Direct, that will be the 2nd time in 2 years that an FPR affiliate has, to take a Ron Dennis-ism, "spoken to someone else's girls". With all the angst over sponsor poaching and no potentially driver poaching, there will be whispers regarding their trustworthiness.

Long term - If Shane is burnt out, not happy, whatever, on a personal level, I hope a year off refreshes him and that he pursues what he wants in life. I personally would love to see him tackle Europe!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3167786)   #50
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
but no-one wants a contract breaker
Sonny Bill Williams appears to be in some demand...
Closed Thread