Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Mar 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3513061)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2015 MX GP - Cairoli vs Villopoto...

After a slow start in Qatar by Villopoto, he hit top form in Thailand getting the overall (1-3) whilst Cairoli won heat 2.
Hopefully these 2 can stay injury free & battle it out head to head all season long...

MX GP Points...

Clement Desalle - 88
Antonio Cairoli - 79
Maximilian Nagl - 78
Ryan Villopoto - 70
Romain Febvre - 67
Gautier Paulin - 67
Kevin Strijbos - 55
Evgeny Bobryshev - 45
Todd Waters - 40
Shaun Simpson - 38

MX2 should be all about Herlings again

MX2 Points...

Jeffrey Herlings - 100
Dylan Ferrandis - 78
Pauls Jonass - 70
Julien Lieber - 62
Valentin Guillod - 58
Old 14 Mar 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3515145)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no question about it .. Cairoli ..
i'm yet to watch the Thailand round though

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jun 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3547843)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Villopoto broke his coccyx bone I think & hasn't riden the past 4 GP's - will he be back is the question...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcp_wnfPHHE

Ouch...
Old 16 Jun 2015, 00:32 (Ref:3550975)   #4
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone catch the Italy race? That was one gnarly track.
Some of those ruts had to been 3' deep. Crazy up and
down hills. Extremely entertaining!
Old 17 Jun 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3551542)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do not think RV is even slightly interested in racing anymore, I think he had to dig deep to even try and come to Europe and its fairly clear here is not that bothered about coming back, he is burned out and really should not have tried anyway.

Let's face it, he got owned largely, by guys like Desalle, Nagl, Febvre and a few others, guys that we as fans would have expected him I think to be as good as.

Shows how tough MXGP is, how very different it is to US racing in terms of tracks, conditioning nad the way you appriach the sport.

I would love to see him come back next year, but the very fact he seemed to be pushing it to even want to do 2015 I think says more than anything else.

I do think he will do Glen Helen though, but it sems so will Dungey, Roczen and Tomac woudl have too had he not hurt himself.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3557452)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
And Villopoto does retire - great career, but disappointing that he couldn't complete the season in MXGP...
Old 11 Jul 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3557515)   #7
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
And Villopoto does retire - great career, but disappointing that he couldn't complete the season in MXGP...
Wow! A little shocked.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3558303)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems he has been spending every waking hour with Mr Stoner then eh!
Old 14 Jul 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3558543)   #9
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villopoto won everything in America...the move to Europe maybe came a little bit late although he proves he can win also in MX GP

Hope he get well soon, and now Forza Tonino!
Old 14 Jul 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3558548)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I hope Herlings will move up to MX1 next season.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3558715)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Apparently the option is solely with Herlings, KTM cannot move him up by way of contract.

He wants to break records and beat Everts records and is looking at MX2 as an easy way to get wins!.

Arrogant and poor in my opinion but you cant fault his logic!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3558742)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Really?
And now its biting him on the bum - injuries cost him the championship big time in 2014 & the way this year is going, gp wins are harder & the injuries are coming again... He should have been on a 450 2 years ago!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 12:08 (Ref:3558750)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Apparently the option is solely with Herlings, KTM cannot move him up by way of contract.

He wants to break records and beat Everts records and is looking at MX2 as an easy way to get wins!.

Arrogant and poor in my opinion but you cant fault his logic!
From what I understand the situation is different.
KTM doesn't want Cairoli and Herlings together in MXGP, at least not yet.

Heard a rumor Everts wil take over the Suzuki team from Geboers brothers.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3558751)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Really?
And now its biting him on the bum - injuries cost him the championship big time in 2014 & the way this year is going, gp wins are harder & the injuries are coming again... He should have been on a 450 2 years ago!
Two years ago maybe not but in a sport where there's a high risk on serious injuries there's no time to waste.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3559240)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
2 years ago he was a double MX2 World Champion - what else was there to achieve in that class?
Old 20 Jul 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3559681)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Again, you don't seem to understand

He is trying to break win records and race win records, he knows the best way to do that is to say in 250.

He knows he is perfectly capabale of winning on a 450 or 350, but perhaps is not confident enough of taking on Cairoli.

He is in a situation where he can decide what he wants to do, his 2016 season is his to decide alone, not KTM's.

He has no desire to come across to America like Roczen or Musquin, and Cairoli is not going on for ever.

Motocross is a long career, and if you are as good as Herlings you are trying to win and win a lot to establish yourself as one of the best ever. If he moves up in 2016 he has another 7 or 8 years at the top level, maybe more.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3559693)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
I totally understand what you are saying old boy... Saying that, Musquin was World Champ in 2009 on a 250 & he is still on one in 2015
Old 20 Jul 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3559799)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Exactly
It is the KTM ladder type thing, they do not want two guys on the 450 team out scoring each other, maybe why Roczen felt like going to Suzuki, though I think they were going to offer him a 450 ride in 15.

Certainly it is a factor with Cairoli in MXGP, de Dycker is a dev rider and always seemingly on dev bikes and this year Searle is only on a 350, the same bike Toni binned after a few rounds.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3559911)   #19
canamman
Veteran

United States
Caught some race replays recently and saw this
rider have a nasty crash on a downhill. It was #461
Febvre. I started following him over the next races
only to find out he is a pretty good talent. I like coming
across new finds .
Old 21 Jul 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3560009)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Febvre has been amazing this year, totally overshadowed his team-mate van Horebeek wh was second past year, and it is only his first year.
MXGP is abotu survival as much as anything else, Desalle was leading, then Nagl, the Cairoli, they all have had injuries and missied races. Febvre has been quick, consistent and not hurt himself too much.

But Cairloi is a multiple champ and coming back to fitness, should be interesting
Old 22 Jul 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3560221)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Just read that Cairoli is out for the next few GP's - New World Champ this year....
Old 21 Sep 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3575660)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Just watched the US round of the FIM series - Josh Grant won heat 2 & finished 2nd overall behind Romain Febvre. If Dungey raced (why didnt he?), he would have smashed them which begs the question - which series is stronger, AMA or FIM?

Final MXGP Points...

Romain Febvre - 735
Gautier Paulin - 592
Evgeny Bobryshev - 567
Shaun Simpson - 481
Jeremy van Horebeek - 449
Maximilian Nagl - 442
Antonio Cairoli - 432
Glenn Coldenhoff - 423
Todd Waters - 354
Clement Desalle - 331
Old 21 Sep 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3575721)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
For me , there was hardly anyone there, it was incrediably hot this weekend which begs the question why go there at this time of year, was almost as hot as Thailand which is also at a stupid time of year, middle of their damn summer.

You cannot compare. AMA tracks, bikes are different to GP bikes and tracks.

If Cairoli went to race AMA outdoor he would be top 5 but not winning (remember Tomac was battering Dungey before he crashed and Dungey is usually a minute clear of 6th, the depth is not there and never has been in AMA) and would struggle with Supercross initially. RV came over, got it all wrong and quit with his tail between his legs, and I thought he was the best I had seen for years.

I think in the past you could do it as Albertyn, Bayle did. But these days you have to commit to it for a couple of years. I think if Dungey came he would struggle initially but then start winning, that is what I take from RV being here. Fast yes, but not at all capable of dominating and he really struggled with how to structure his fitness and pace over a GP weekend, something you don't have to do in AMA so much.

But it can be done, Roczen, Musquin are all proof of that, and the same would be true vice versa.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3576600)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Think i was just shocked with the speed Josh Grant showed, he was nowhere in AMA yet finished 2nd in GP - seems now he is wanted in Europe...
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3579932)   #25
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just watched the US round of the FIM series - Josh Grant won heat 2 & finished 2nd overall behind Romain Febvre. If Dungey raced (why didnt he?), he would have smashed them which begs the question - which series is stronger, AMA or FIM?
I think it is very hard to tell. Based on this GP you'd say well if Grant wins a heat pfff these GP guys would have a hard time racing full time in AMA. But then again RV2 didn't walk on water in the few GP's he's raced this season. He was good at occasion, but not the guy he was in the US.

Also very very hard since everytime conditions change and a lot is based on perception which might be the wrong perception anyway. I mean look at how Nagl raced in the first half of the season, something everybody did not see coming. Just imagine last offseason he'd made the switch to AMA and take that form to the US and compete in the top. Everybody would have said ''oh Nagl didnt do anything since forever in gps, and look how he is beating guys in ama''.

I guess all we can do is every now and then an EURO guy or an AMA guy will make the switch and we can enjoy it.